I think the Valentine candy hearts are one of the most sweetest candies. I love the colors and the messages…but am not very fond of the taste.
I thought pillows would be a fun way to incorporate the candy into my house without having to eat them!
1/2 yd. of fleece per color you choose
1 sheet of red felt
1. Begin by cutting out your hearts. Use the template provided to cut out 2 hearts per pillow. Cut out a rectangle measured at 3″ x 40″ for each pillow.
2. Cut out your text. I used a basic font on my computer and then traced the letters onto the felt.
3. Sew the messages on each pillow top. Carefully pin the letters so they don’t shift too much.
4. With right sides together, sew the rectangle end together with 1/4″ seams.
5. With right sides together, sew the loop you just made to the pillow top with 1/4″ seams.
6. Sew the back of the pillow onto the loop, right sides together, with 1/4″ seams. Make sure to leave a 3″ opening to turn the pillow out.
7. Clip the curved parts of the heart and turn the pillow right side out. Smooth the seams and then stuff the pillow to your desired fullness.
8. Using a blind stitch, sew the opening closed. Repeat this process to finish as many pillows as you like!
Share your pillows in the Baked Goods Flickr Group!
For more great ideas from Jessi be sure to visit “Sweeti Pie Bakery!”