Each year I love creating a new advent Calendar for the family!
Remember my 25 Days of Christmas Count Down!That year I created a Advent Calendar using Book envelops! This year I used a fun product as well that allowed me to create goodie bags that my girls will love opening each day as we count down the days till Christmas.
Single serving Popcorn Bags from Orson Gygi (3.99 for 100 pack) are the jumping off point for this years fun filled advent! Along with scrapbook paper, Distress Ink, and number stamps!
1. I cut my paper just big enough to cover the popcorn image on the popcorn bags.
2. I’m a lover of the Distress Ink so of course that was a must to help define the edges!
3. I stamped on the dates.
4. And used a glue stick to glue on each paper to the bags. I did lay heavy books on top of the bags while the glued dried to help them dry flat.
5. I got a collection of fun goodies to add to each bag for my girls to open. I put three treats into each bag so my girls will be sharing the contents of each count down day. Things like candy, Christmas erasers, new tooth brushes, half dollars, pencils, fruit roll ups, and coupons that read ” Makeover with mom tomorrow! You get to stay up 10 more minutes tonight! Back tickles!” Special things that they can look forward to.
6. I strung a ribbon and folded over each bag and secured it with two large paper clips. I want to be able to reuse these bags down the road so I avoided staples and a cloths pin just wasn’t cutting it on some og the heavier bags!
This entire project me just over an hour to complete! It’s a fun and festive way to count down the holiday season! You still have time to create one of your own! December is only a few days away!