Scalloped Paper Doily Molding
Paper Doilies make me happy! I LOVE working with them! In the past I have created buntings, Valentines gifts, and other fun projects so I am always looking for ways to get creative with paper doilies again!
This project is by far my new favorite paper doily project yet! I mean…how else can you make such a charming statement so simply and affordably!
1. I purchases a pack of 6″ doilies. 100 pack for $3.99 from Orson Gygi. For an averaged size room you will need two packs.
2. Carefully separate the doilies. Paper doilies are fragile and someitmes the punched out detail makes them fragile around the edges so be careful seperating them.
3. Fold each doily in half lining up the details perfectly.
4. Use hot glue to secure it together. I added three small dabs of glue on the edges and that did the trick.
** This is a great project to do with your little ones! My 5 year old was a fantastic folder and she loved being apart of this project! I of course handled the hot glue!
1. Get your masking tape ready!
2. Use two small rolled pieces of masking tape and put them on the two top edges of the folded corners of the doilie. Prepare a lot of them at once. This will make it easy to hang a large section at once.
3. When you walk into a room the last place your eye looks is behind you so start above the door. This will be a convenient place to start and stop your placement just in case the very last doily doesn’t line up perfectly. I overlapped each doily by about an inch, basically the length of the punched out detail.
4. When it comes to corners simply fold the doily where it will hit the corner! It fits so seamlessly! Gotta love working with paper! I didn’t need any extra tape. Continue adding your doilies until you reach your start point again!
This project is super simple but does take some time! It took me about an hour to fold and prep and then almost an hour to hang them all…but I did have two little ones at my heels!
Total cost: $8
Long live the paper doily!