Yeah….it’s a Monday!

So far history has proven that when you jump in the shower and cross your fingers and make a wish that life will not come to a crashing halt while you slip away for 5 minutes and wash away your two day old pony tail and sleepy eyes, that it’s almost a guarantee that something WILL in fact go wrong!
It’s almost 100% guaranteed that when you step out of said shower and all is quiet on the Western Front that something for sure has indeed happened! The only question is HOW BAD IS THE DAMAGE?
All of the following have occurred while I’ve been taking a shower….

Ball point pen on a BRAND NEW chair cushion!
Yellow Highlighter on the flipped over cushion of that same BRAND NEW Chair!
Lip stick has been eaten,
Diapers have been removed after #2′s
Boxes of rice carefully sprinkled about the livingroom,
Entire packages of Cheese consumed,
Toilet paper pulled off the roll,
Permanent Marker Murals on baby legs, bellies and arms…
And we can now add this to the list….

Charlie found the flour!
Moral of the story: NEVER take a shower!

Comments

looks like she found your credit cards too….LOL Ain't motherhood grand…LOL

Jaime @ Our Journey says:

Oh, goodness … I tried REALLY hard not to laugh … but I did. :o) I understand those types of showers!

☼Carolina Artesanías☼ says:

Hola!! muy lindas fotos!

She looks pretty guilty to me! LOL Been there done that. Still doing that and my kids are 14, 4 and 5!

Green Gracie Home says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE – and the same shower fairy visits my house too.

Trina Curran says:

LOL! Oh, gees…I am laughing WITH you…my boys used to do that too! My little girl…not so much. Thank goodness!

Erika . . . with a K says:

haha, Happy Monday!!

Cara @ Whimsy Smitten says:

I truly and honestly believe the hardest thing about motherhood is taking a shower, especially with anyone under the age of 5 in the house! At least it makes for some cute blog fodder, right?! :)

Classic!

I love this post.

*hugs*

My Serendipity says:

Oh my gosh! I totally understand! I didn't get a shower yesterday until hubby came home in the evening. Our little Houdini now escapes from his crib so I can trust naptimes now either..ugh!

Cricut Design Chicks SWARM says:

ROTFL…. OMG… well.. there's scrapbook page and a perfect photo frame (if you hang up pics in bathrooms)
    and it's only the beginning… :)

Green Door Girl says:

Omigosh her face is priceless in that first picture! Yeah I agree – NEVER take a shower – I hope it was mostly on her and not the rest of the house/floor/etc… :)

Oh, I am so glad it all didn't happen this morning as I first thought when I read through your post. That would have been the worst. Your daughter does look grand I must say. Anyways showers are overrated.

Too funny! This is the stuff of good memories!

This is hilarious. I remember the days well. It will get better.

[email protected] Present Life says:

That is an all too familiar problem for all of us moms! I love the guilty look on her face in that first picture :) Too cute! The last incident at our house was lotion all over the window!

I completely agree!

So funny! I think we all have that happen.

Tee he he…Funny post and I can totally relate! Anytime we moms try and take a moment to make ourselves back into normal humans it's just inevitable that our kids are going to get into trouble! Hope you Monday goes better from here!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

WOWZERS!!! That's some serious business in 5 short minutes! :) Those pictures are adorable though–she is getting so big. Good luck with the permanent marker thing. . .

I am laughing so hard. the first picture is too funny and love that she has the credit cards too.

I have a 18 month old and can totally relate. I only take showers when he is DEAD ASLEEP in his crib, but sometimes that doesnt even work out.

Too cute!

OMG – the pictures are too cute!!

[email protected] Black's Best says:

Isn't it amazing how MUCH they can destroy in such a little amount of time!

homepodge says:

LOL!!! That made my morning :D

superh2ogirl says:

Amazingly hilarious! Wow! What a world!

How long was that shower anyway? j/k That is so funny. I remember my son at that age pouring an entire 32 oz. bottle of syrup on my couch while I was taking a shower, and then ran around the living room, dripping, while I tried catching him to clean it up!!! Good Times! Wish I had my blog back then to document it!

Thanks for the laugh! That was awesome! I don't have kids….but I DO have a puppy…..catastrophic things happen if you leave a puppy unattended as well. :-)

hahahahahahaha…..I am sorry, I seriously can't quit laughing (I am laughing with you ;) ). This is a scene that I have seen so many time before. It is good to know that this happens to others and not just me. I usually slip into a bath after the kids go to bed or sometimes, I can sneak one in during nap-time and not end up with something like this when I get out(lessons learned). Now when dad is watching the kids and I go to the store, that is another story entirely, so I usually try to go (again) during nap-time when dad is on duty. ;)

Hey Becks, I think it remarkable what a sense of humor you have about it. That's what got me through raising my kids. Humor is the secret to life! Especially when it comes to your children. Payback is when they are grown and you share the stories. Love you!

Jeanne-Marie says:

I remember those days, sometimes it's still a chance & my youngest is 13! Helpful tip to remove the ballpoint pen, highlighter & permanent marker, blot with a clean white cotton rag & any hand sanitizer gel. Works like a charm, I promise! ~Good Luck!

I'm falling on the floor laughing. Yep, and they're too cute to even get upset. Who could be mad at those big blue eyes. I've got twin boys who use to find my family-size jar of vaseline, scoop out of the contents and slather it all over themselves. Big mountains of it in their hair. Would take days to de-grease them. LOL.

Christina says:

Oh SOOOOO funny! I get up super early to make sure I can get a shower in before my husband leaves for work or I know I'll get out one day and all three kids will be playing in the road or something!

Allyson/HBMomof2 says:

I hate that "it is too damn quiet" thing! She looks hilarious though. I think the thing I love most is that she is holding your credit card! She could do some mean damage with that! I guess she got into your wallet too? Wow, I am slightly past that stage, but even though I laughed, my heart goes out to you.

I am laughing SO hard at that first picture!!!!!! =)

Oh my…been there done that! :) Was she planning a purchase as well?

So my comment and question is how much damage did she do with the plastic? Is she a bargain shopper?

Too funny.

I have a Charlie (boy) like that. He just keeps doing more and more stuff.

The Dutch Girl says:

That first picture is absolutely fabulous!

Quick question: do you keep yours credit cards with the flour?

Anonymous says:

Parenthood rocks.

And just a friendly warning: you might want to blur out the numbers/exp date/name on your CC in the last pic. There are only a few numbers not visible, and with number generating programs, and also already having the exp date and your full name verified, it wouldn't be too hard for a pro to figure out the rest. Just a thought :)