Sparkle Sparkle! Trim turned bracelets in a jiffy!

Who doesn’t love cheap affordable! I for one am always looking for affordable ways to create accessories so while I was waiting in the cutting line at JoAnns and the trim section caught my eye I knew I was on to something great! I’m on a jewelry fix right now and my brain started churning.
Project Runway now has a line of trim at JoAnns! Loads of beautiful trim that sparkles and adds texture! I was drawn to the ruffles and sequins and thought they would make beautiful bracelets. I bought 1/3-1/2 of a yard of each and spent around $5 total on all this trim.

Next it was off to the jewelry making section where I grabbed a pack of ribbon clasps for $2. This pack will give me three finished bracelets.
I measured and cut my trim to fit my wrist. Be sure to burn the edges to keep the ends from fraying. You’ll need a small pair of pliers to clamp and attach the clasps.
The thinner gold trim worked great to get a twisted look. I took two pieces and twisted them together before I clamped the second end.
I love this last one! It looks like a fun cuff! This trip was stretchy so all I did was hot glue the ends together. You could also stitch it.
So cute right! So for $7 I created 4 new bracelets that are going to  add a little sparkle to my outfits!
Think outside the box the next time you visit the craft store. Trim can become a great tool for jewelry and with all of the amazing varieties out there you are sure to find something great to work with.

Comments

Madigan at madiganmade says:

This is a seriously cute idea! Genius way to use up old scraps, too.

Ooh, what a great idea! I love the trim aisle but can never think of what to do with all that pretty trim. This is a great idea.

• 4

:It was something of great ecnitemext discovering your site this morning. I came up here today hoping to get something new. And I was not disappointed. Your ideas upon new strategies on this topic were enlightening and a fantastic help to me. Thank you for making time to write out these things plus for sharing your opinions.

Country Mouse says:

Super cute idea! This is something my teen daughter would love to create!!! thanks for sharing!

What a fantastic idea! Very, very cute. Makes you look at the trim section in a whole new light!

those are super cute! what a great idea!

The WholeFamDamily says:

first, i need to visit the craft store.
    second, i LOVE this idea, i need to go look at trim, maybe even for shirts in my closet i'm not in love with, oooh, the wheels are turning! :)

Ahhhhhh! I am in love with sparkly stuff these are so amazing.

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

Super cute idea!! Definitely adding this to my Pinterest boards. :)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

These are so cool! I love love love these.

OMG how cute! You twisted my arm . . I'm going to Joann's this afternoon. LOL

Fabulous! I know where I'll be headed later this week! TFS!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

These are soooo cute!! I love them all but especially the last one with the little ruffles! What a great idea! :)

Brilliant, I say, brilliant! I need to head to the trim aisle!

The Scrappy Housewife says:

So cute!

Christina @ The Scrappy Housewife

Those are awesome!

This is awesome! Great idea!

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe says:

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Super cute!

Ladybird Ln says:

What a fabulous idea, they look great! I love the sparkles!

ladybirdln.blogspot.com

Etcetorize says:

Love love love this project. Such a good idea~

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle says:

Those look fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing!

super cute! i've used sparkly trims like this to make headbands, but bracelets are a really good idea!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I think this is an awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing it!

What a cute idea-I’ve never seen those ribbon clasps.Thanks so much for sharing a great idea! Found you on HowDoesShe.

as it is said “LOVE LOVE LOVE ” it!!

fabulous idea BUT how the heck do you twist the sparkly ribbon and have it lay flat? bought all the stuff to make a bunch for Christmas presents and I can’t figure it out!! please help me.

1. [...] Sparkle Sparkle! Trim turned bracelets in a jiffy! | Blue Cricket DesignThe heavy duty Model J-4000A auto upholstery steamer is equipped with 1500 watts of steaming power. The J-4000A is equipped with a 1 gallon self-contained … [...]