Photo Tips with Emilie {Let’s try this again!}

Ok! Let’s try this again!  this posted on Sunday but I had a wonky day and the photos for some reason didn’t show up! And seeing as this was a “Photo” post the pictures were the most important part! So here we go again….

***********************************

I am so excited about attending Emilie Photography Workshop on

March 26th.  She is offering Blue Cricket readers a discount until
MARCH 1ST.  The workshop is regularly $225, you will get it for $189
with the discount code “bluecricket”.  If you’re not in the Salt Lake
area and still want to learn from Emilie check out her online
course.
Today she’s here to give us a tiny little sampling of her amazing skills …
Photography tip by Photo ByEmilie
My name is Emilie and I am a professional
photographer out of Salt Lake City. I can’t decide which I enjoy more,
creating images with my camera or teaching others to
create images in their camera.  I’ve written a little tip and I hope
it helps on your journey towards improving your photography skills. Lots
more education on my
Blog
There are 2 common ways you can adjust White Balance in your camera when you take your image and in Photoshop when you edit your image.  I typically set my camera to an auto White Balance.  I use the Nikon D700 & the auto White Balance is awesome, but not always perfect.  Therefore, I clean up the White Balance in Photoshop.  This trick can be performed in both Photoshop Elements & CS.
Step #1 – Open the “Levels” palette.  (short cut is command/control L)

Step #2:  Click the White Balance Dropper.  The white arrow is pointing to the White Balance dropper and the black arrow is pointing to the Black Balance dropper.  I typically use the white first and the black second.

Step #3 – Click on the image on the color you would like to set as the White Balance.  I clicked on her white tank top.  Then do the same with the Black Balance (I don’t Black Balance every image, just ones that need it.)

Here are a few more examples..

This is just one of the tricks you’ll learn during my Photo By You Workshop.  I also offer 1 on 1 Photoshop lessons.  I used my Photo By Emilie Color Action for the final edits.

Happy clicking!!

Comments

Beth- the mama bee says:

I'm just learning to mess around with these features on my camera. I am enjoying all your tips!

mommy2luke2008 says:

Definitely makes a big difference! Do you edit your curves and levels too, or just do this?

THE.PAINTED.STUDIO says:

What a difference. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl

Great post – I am a total newbie at photo editing and such so posts such as these make my day!

[email protected] Present Life says:

Awesome tips! I use a point and shoot so the more Photoshop tricks I can learn, the better! Thanks for sharing :)

And when did BCD get a redesign??? I guess I've been out of the loop :) Looks great!

CherishedHearts Vintage says:

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for this awesome tip! I have a huge folder of unedited images from my wedding photographer and just tried this on one of them. Looks amazing! Now I can edit all of them.

Megan @ {VintageHydrangeas} says:

These are such great tips, thanks so much for sharing!(Now time to go and try it out myself!)

Natalie says:

Oh my gosh, I have been trying to figure out how to do this forever! In fact, I just did a post begging for help on my photography blog! I'm so glad I found you! Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!

PictureAlmostPerfect.blogspot.com

This is so simple! I can’t believe I haven’t figured this out yet! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    PS – I found this article via Pinterest. :)

What photo editing software do u use??
    Thanks

Thank you for the tip! :)

Tina Turner says:

Thanks for sharing this is an awesome tip!

just found this via pinterest… thanks so much!!

You have excellent blog, Emilie. I really liked few of your posts and added your site reference with pics to my Walls on OgleOgle.com for future ref. I love to collect info on web which I can use to benefit my kids, your Corn Cake, kids wear from Adult Skirt and single layer blankets are few of my fav. picks. This Photoshop trick is really cool too, I like to take pictures and this way I can really make those look so pretty… thank you so much…

Unquestionably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite
    justification appeared to be at the net the simplest factor to remember of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider issues that they just don’t recognise about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the entire thing
    with no need side-effects , other folks can take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks