Marshmallows + Chocolate = Yummers! Chocolate dipped Marshmallows.

Nothin’ like a homemade treat to put  a smile on your face or the face of a good friend on the receiving end! I love this time of year for a few reasons…

1. I get to gush over my lover and no one can make fun of me!
  2. Pink is more tolerable
  3. They sell STRAWBERRY Marshmallows!
I may in fact be addicted to Strawberry Marshmallows!  I’m embarrassed to admit that I can polish off  half a bag in under 5 minutes! Gross right!  But when you dip ‘em and gussy them up a little for the holiday they are even more addicting!
I use a double boiler on the stove top when I melt Chocolate for dipping! It’s way more controlled then melting it in the microwave. I add a tablespoon of Crisco to 1 1/5 cups of Chocolate to get  a shinny glean when the chocolate dries!
Be sure to stir, stir, stir! Once the chocolate looks like a pool of  goodness that you want to drink, it’s time to dip!
Top it off it a sweet little Heart Candy and let ‘er dry!
I also dipped them in White Chocolate and used pink sprinkles! I placed then in pink and purple candy cups and used a window box to display them! Are they not cute or what!!!!
And look at how cute this is! I found  pink Egg Cartons on line at eggcartons.com! I ordered a sample of each color they offered and  my mind is spinning  with future project ideas! Easter is going to be awesome this year with these babies!
I’ve spray painted egg cartons before but it takes like three coats to almost cover the writing completely. I like this way much better and if you ever plan on making tons of treats to pass out you can order a bulk order of 25 cartons in any color!
Happy Dipping!

Comments

Helena (XOXO Parisky) says:

This is genious and yummy! I wish I had someone who would give me handmade sweets :))

This is an adorable idea! TFS.

love those egg cartons!

Kelli @ RTSM says:

Those marshmallows look so yummy and cute! And oh my! I LOVE the egg cartons! Thanks for sharing the link…I'm heading over there now!!

joliesjunebugboutique says:

I keep these marshmellows in my sewing room! They are my special treat for my self! Eat 4 and its only 100 calories and they are so yummy!

Jannet ~ Simple Matters says:

what an awesome and easy idea! Thank you for sharing!

Amy {The Idea Room} says:

I wish I had some more of these! They were awesome! You are the best! Thanks Becca!

WOW, those are beautiful and look SO delicious! LOVE!

Baker Family says:

So cute, and I love the presentation!

Risa

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY says:

Chocolate covered marshmallows are my favorite sweet treat, but I ahve never seen them in egg cartons before. Too darn cute!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

These are such a great idea!!! I love them in the egg cartons – they're so pretty! YUM!

Green Door Girl says:

What a great idea – I LOVE my strawberry marshmellows and in chocolate – YUMMY!
    I think those egg cartons are so cute -marking that on my list!

Thanks for a really great idea! I am going to make them this weekend.

Let me at em!!! Yum!

Yum! These look delish! I'm not a huge fan of marshmallows (It's a texture thing)….but eating strawberry ones dipped in chololate….WOW! Gonna have to try 'em!

I love this idea!!! so cute and yummy!

Jenny @ Embellishing Life says:

That is ADORABLE! Love how cute they are in that egg carton!

Creative Escapes says:

I LOVE THIS!!! This would be perfect for my kids teachers for V-day!

The Autocrat: Haley says:

Oh how super snazzy! Good for any holiday too- especially with those super snazzy egg cartons!! You rock!

[email protected] will craft says:

I looooove strawberry marshmallows but I have to agree they can be dangerous to have in my house! I can't imagine them with chocolate or almond bark – double dangerous!

Between3Sisters.com says:

This looks so yummy! We would love for you to link up to our weekly link party!

MyKidsMake says:

those are really cute with the little heart on top!!!

Laurel {Make and Takes} says:

I love these – they are so cute! I'd love for you to come over and submit this to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top says:

Okay, my kids and I made chocolate dipped marshmallows last weekend and they didn't turn out nearly as cute as yours. :) They sure did taste yummy though. The egg cartons are so cute. I've never seen them before.

Becca-
    These are darling! I too am a lover of strawberry marshmallows. Have you seen the pink, heart shaped marshmallows they have out right now? They are yummy and cute! I am thinking that I might just have to make some of these! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Wow Becca these are far too cute and those egg boxes are super cool. Thanks for sharing tina x x

Christina @ The Tattered Tag says:

These are so sweet! I just had to feature them on my blog today. Thank you for sharing such a fun idea. :)

Those are such great ideas! And thanks for the egg carton info. I've seen smore recipes (similar to yours, but with a graham cracker crust base) that would be cute in cartons too. Perfect!

I love the idea of displaying them in the egg cartons. So cute! Do you mind sharing how you ordered samples? I can't seem to find a link on their website. Thanks!

leslie @ a little bit frou frou says:

very cute Becca! I'm going to my kitchen to make these for the office tomorrow!! :)

1. or hair for weaving

Marshmallows + Chocolate = Yummers! Chocolate dipped Marshmallows. | Blue Cricket Design