A look into the life of a real "Mormon Mommy Blogger!"

I love that I had three different friends email me the link to the Salon.com article ” Why I can’t stop reading Mormon housewife blogs” by Emily Matcher
It was pretty darn funny to read as I sat in my sweat pants in the middle of my pit I call home! I had to laugh! There I was technically a Mormon Mommy blogger myself and I knew for a fact that life as a MMB’er isn’t all sunshine and rainbows and flower arranging!
I had to put in my two cents! So here you go people! A look into the life of REAL Mormon Mommy Blogger! I’m happy to be the one to shed a little light on the topic and show you how life can really be… and NO… I don’t apologize for the day old mascara under my eyes or the double chin! Reality at its best!
So my real takeaway is this… No one wants to see us or be seen at our worst all the time! It was like when I first went on Myspace years ago…I was blown away at how great and happy everyone looked from high school. I started feeling frumpy and unaccomplished but then I was like “Hold up, Becks! No one in their right mind is going to put up a bad photo of themselves! No one is going to shine a spot light on their flaws, messy homes or less then perfect life!”
We ALL like to be seen at our best! EVERYONE! No matter your religion, financial status, or family situation! It’s not just we Mormons! It’s human nature to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative! But that being said, please realize that behind the scenes life is in full swing and to some, maybe even most of us, it looks like real life! Don’t feel bad that your house never looks like a photo of your favorite bloggers! Don’t feel bad that your kids aren’t dresses to the nines and can pose like Gap babies! Because the fact of the matter is most of ours don’t either!
So there you have! Call me a whistle blower! I’m just happy to be a blogger in this blogging world we all love and adore so much! Don’t fall into the trap of feeling bad that you don’t live a life like those that are portrayed as perfect all the time becasue it’s all smoke and mirrors but with lot of happiness and joy too.And yes…just enough Cheerios on the floor to make us relatable! Wink wink!
This post has been sponsored by:
Join Momnbaby.com, an online community for moms.

Comments

Jaime @ Our Journey says:

I loved your blog before but I love it even more now! Thanks for keeping it real Becca! I've always found your posts and and projects so inspirational and it's so refreshing to see that you're "real" too … and have a naked baby running around the house! :o)

Cheers to you Becca!

Humble Homemaker says:

I love it! Made me smile to see someone else the same as me… sweatpants and dishes and pillows strewn across the floor… and yet still blogging about marital homemaking bliss! lol. It's true that we highlight the best in our lives and that we can't maintain perfect all the time… but I think the real point is that most Mormon Mommy (or Wife) Bloggers just enjoy the ride, the ups and downs and everything in between. Thanks for sharing and being real with us! :)

I just think you are making it real for all mommy's (mormon or not). It's actually nice to see someone else who's house sometimes looks like a tornado hit

Becca,
    I think your video was brave for anyone, not just Mormons! I am not a Mormon, I'm an evengelical Christian, but my house looks just like yours (minus the naked baby!). It's important to remember that the person who wrote that article is just one person. She doesn't represent everyone. It's easy to stereotype a group of people. Maybe that's what she wants to believe, that your house is perfect and everything is A-OK.
    I digress…
    Anyway, thank you for sharing. It's good to know that there are others out there who don't have a perfect house and life.

Tracy Snyder says:

Thank you so much for sharing your "behind the scenes." It's good to see others with perfectly messy homes and kids. I think highlighting the good stuff shows we are good positive mommies.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home says:

Hi Becca, Oh, that was fun! Good for you for even getting everything picked up before your husband gets home :). I loved the cereal on the floor, how true!

Loved your real life video — of course we all have real lives behind our blogs! I thought there were a lot of positive and complimentary things said about LDS women in the article by Emily Matcher, but there is no doubt most of us (LDS or not) put out a positive persona on our blogs that if viewed as if it is our whole life is (of course) unrealistic. I think most realize that behind the blog there is a real life going on. One of the things I love about blogging is the "positive bent" that is shared. Love your real life kids, home and person!

Your video cracked me up! and I know lots of people will appreciate it :)I'm mormon and just have a simple family blog but I stay clear of reading the blogs listed in that article b/c they do sometimes leave me feeling like I just can't keep up with "the norm" it was nice to be reminded that isn't the norm :)

But I had a bit of a different take on that article. I read it last week and I loved it! She was seeing that life as a mom and wife and homemaker CAN be fun. She says she knows it isn't always how the blogs portrayed it, but she had never before considered it a life she would want but here she was addicted to reading about it. I just had the Family Proclamation run through my head over and over….it is a woman's nature to desire those things and despite all her feminist non-religion attitude & education she is feeling that. Anyway, maybe I'm off but I just thought it was interesting.

So refreshing—thanks!!

thanks for the reality check. I always say to my sister in law about the perfect looking photos on my blog, you can't see what's out of frame ;) Now I want to clean my house like a rock star too! Thanks for always inspiring, even in your sweats!
    Dannyelle at http://www.lifeisaparty.ca

thanks—not sure Mormon is really part of the equation—I think you are speaking for all moms and grandmas, too. My blog is a way to celebrate the moments that look like I wish my life looked all the time!

You are now officially my FAVORITE. BLOGGER. EVER.
    :) I could not like someone more than I like you right now.
    And Charlie trying to pull her diaper off on camera = hysterical. She was really trying to help you drive the point home.
    LOVE IT. Thanks for being so brave to post that! I'm not mormon, but I am a mommy – and I'm a mommy that never feels like I've got it all together while the rest of the world does!

The Girl Creative says:

Okay, I did not read the article. I skipped right to the video and I LOVED it!! You have no idea how great it was to see that side of mommy bloggers. I'm not a mormom but I am a mommy blogger and SO MANY TIMES i've felt so inadequate because my house did not look ANYTHING at all like all the photos of other bloggers houses that you see all over the place. It is SO good to see that we are all the same. None of us have a perfect home….all.the.time. or perfect kids. So, thanks Becca for taking us on a tour of your everyday life. I love you even more now. :)

xoxo

Becca…This is hilarious, beautiful, weird, inspiring, and awesome. You however do not have to be a Mormon to have a house like this. Brings back such memories. Thank you for sharing. I saw you for the first time today and will now follow you.

I love you beccs.

Celeste Lux says:

Thank you for this….it's hard to put yourself out there, but you are an inspiration to me (for nothing else than by saying, you will get it all cleaned up). Mommyhood is hard and sometimes thankless, and being led to believe that the rest of the world is living in some kind of perfection when you are just glad to get last nights dishes done the next morning, is depressing, whether your a Mormon or not. Thanks again for keeping it real. Oh, and I'm totally copying the empty frame on the front door thing—that's awesome!

That was hilarious! I was watching your video while my children ran around naked/half-naked. I am writing this while my children are in swimsuits and playing in a closet (by choice.) Oh, the real life of all mommies….without nannies or housekeepers. I really enjoy your blog and am so glad you decided to show the life of a 'real' mommy-blogger!

Thank you so much for this, I love you even more now!

I think that was my favorite post from a blogger ever. I am a mormon mommy blogger, but I also work out side of the home, so I was wonder how mom's at home hold it together so it was so nice seeing behind the sceens. Thanks for sharing!!

beSlightlyAskew says:

I wasn't sure if I should like or hate that article. There were good points, and irksome points. Either way, I'm glad you set everyone straight about the real mommy bloggers-mormon or not. I'm glad your house looks as bad as mine (which I may or may not clean today!) Thanks, thanks!!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

Rofl! Thank you! I thought everybody had designer looking rooms and I was feeling horribly guilty since my kids rooms are anything but. Then I looked into my kitchen with the dishes stacked up…I'm not alone–though, I didn't see dishes in your video. I will say, my youngest is 5 and oldest is 10. As they get older, it takes a little more time to get the house messy all over again and I can keep my prestine room prestine (um…that might be too strong of a word) for a couple hours each day (while they are at school). THANK YOU for showing us a real home with real kids!

I'm not a Mormon, I'm not American, but I love blogs that reflect my life and inpsire my life. Your blog and many others do just that, some of the them are Mormon (and it never occured to me before just how many are…) some are not, most of them are American. My house looks just like yous in the video and thats cos I'm a mother spending too much time inspired by all these blogs to clean the house!!!!

And this is totally why we love you! I have always found your blog very real and inspiring, as well as the other bloggers I follow. I know when I am out and about or on FB, my best is usually what I am putting out there (unless you catch me dropping my son off for school in my jammies and snow boots sporting the oh so cool ratty ponytail). I do appreciate the video of behind the scene. Your not a Stepford Wife! LOL

Thanks for keeping it real.

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, and Landon says:

I'm a "Mormon Mommy Blogger" too and I think sometimes we even forget that everyone else is leading crazy lives too. Thanks for that video of reality. Makes me feel refreshed and able to face the craziness around here!

I was going to say exactly what Jaime said!! :) Thanks for keeping it real and letting us know that the rest of us aren't falling behind. Because honestly, there is another Mormom Mommy blog that I follow and it always makes me feel inferior and yet I can't seem to pull myself away. Maybe like you said, it's because it inspires me to be better (but it always has the opposite effect.)
    I haven't read that article yet, but I'm going to!!
    Thanks again and just for the record, your messy look (which cracked me up when you said "I know, try to resist!!") is still beautiful!! :)

Best blog post ever!

I don't usually comment on posts but I just wanted to thank you for this! I'm not a mother but I sometimes feel guilty I can't work and keep a perfect house for my husband. It's nice to know the blogs I read are the same really – and you've inspired me to clean the toothpaste of the mirrors later today!

Love the mascara and the day two ponytail bun. Looks just like mine. It would have been too funny if you stood up from your front porch intro to open the door and the kids had locked you out. That's what my kids would have done. Love it all!

I loved that video and your words! It really hit home for me in some ways and I love how you show that everyone is not perfect, we all don't have kids that pose perfect or dress perfect and it;s ok! I used to look at the photos on all these wonderful blogs and think Why can't my house look like that? Why can't my kids dress like that? Thanks for keeping it real.

Loved your video becca. You're too cute.

I'm trying to resist you RIGHT THIS SECOND, sexy Becca!

Oh man, that video was SOOOO worth the wait!

Love, love, love, love, LOVE!!

The toothbrush was hilarious, the marker was heartbraking (just because that chair is super cute!)

The diaper incident was priceless! Man she's a cutie!

And your day old mascara is a twin-er to mine right this second!

That was the bravest, and most real thing I've ever seen. And I love you for it!

Yay you!

Clarissa Emily says:

Thank you so much for that! I too am a MMB, and read that article a few weeks ago. It really made me laugh out loud. If only they knew… :) My life is less than perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I don't think there is anything wrong about striving for perfection (or posting about it) because isn't that what everyone is trying to do every day?

I only have a little blog, but it's nice to see that those with "big blogs" have the same messy house and imperfect life that I do. How fun! Thanks again!

~Clarissa @ A Little Stone House

Brassy Apple says:

OH I so get the fort thing! made me laugh!

so real, so honest – love it Becca!

[email protected] Black's Best says:

Thanks for showing us all the imperfections that exist with all of our homes and families. It's good to know that we all have normal lives. Also, thank you for the positives that you highlight and the inspiration you give.

Love you Becca!!

I got a kick out of that article when I read it and have been thinking about it too. I love your behind the scenes post, and think it will reinforce her point. Even with your naked babies and spilt cheerios you have a positive attitude and enjoy your life as a homemaker. I think the fact that for some women (Mormon or not), this IS "living the dream" is fascinating to others. Oh, and about the naked babies… my friend shared an unusual but helpful tip: a little duct tape can help keep those diapers on.

Best post ever. Because it's so true. There's nothing wrong with highlighting the moments of "perfection" in between this kind of real! We just need reminders here and there that real like isn't perfect! What makes it so awesome is the little bit of in between! Thanks for sharing this with the world. :)

Thanks, Becca, for a glimpse behind the curtain. When my kids were young, I always said that I could have only one clean room at a time. Now that they're older and can help out more, it's still pretty much the case. I'd much rather create than clean.

I do have to say that it's easy to think that other people's lives are "perfect." However, a few years ago, I learned that when Christ told us to "be ye therefore perfect, even as I am," the original word for perfect really translates to "whole, balanced or complete." It does not mean, "without flaw."

So to be perfect is to try to be complete and balanced. That's still a high ideal at times, but certainly more attainable than being "without flaw."

Thanks again, from one Mormon Mommy Blogger to another.

The frou-fruGal.

Brandon and Julie says:

loved this video, love your blog and am inspired by you even more. Would you like to know who loved your video even more then me, my two year old, she giggled her way through this entire video. Thanks for real life!!

This video made you "real" to me, I really appreciate it. I like to see both sides – the inspirational side, and also the less-than-perfect side. For me, if there is too much perfection, I begin to lose inspiration because I feel there is just no way I can keep up.

We have the same bedroom. :) We get our tax refund on Friday so hopefully that will change – at least just to get the bed up off the ground! I don't even need a headboard, sheesh! ;)

Goings on at the Glenn's says:

Thanks so much for your post. I too am a mormom mommy blogger and my house totally can relate. I love it! Thanks!

Becca — thanks for posting and sharing the article. I am a non-Mormon mommy blogger and LOVE reading other mommy blogs. Slowly, I realized how many blogs I follow are authored my Mormon women, and have always wondered why so many mommy bloggers are Mormon? After thinking about it for about 1/2 a minute, I thought "why does it matter?" We're all moms and wives who love to create and share our pearls of wisdom with each other — and that crosses all boundries.
    Thank you for keeping it real AND sharing your wisdom with us!

Jessica Stoker says:

Thank you so much for this. I am a MMB so I really appreciate knowing that not everyone in the Mormon community is perfect. I think there is a stigma that Mormon women always have everything together. I am just happy to see that you like many others, realize we are just moms trying to make the best of things. I think sometimes in the Mormon church we strive to be like others that seem to have it all together, but the truth is we are all in the same boat. I love the half naked baby, (that is my babies in their jammies until noon) and the bed on the floor as my bed is on the floor as well. You are wonderful and I am so glad you posted this.

Linda Raithel says:

Thank you for your post. I remember those days when my two boys were young and my house looked the same as yours. You know what I saw in your video? Happy creative kids! Cherish this time, all too soon they are grown and out on their own. Things like finding your expensive watch you received from your parents for a graduation gift busted open with a hammer so your 3 year old son could see how it worked will be a funny memory and not the tragedy it seemed at the time!

Your video is perfect and perfectly timed for me. I'm also sure you filmed it just for me ;). I know that other bloggers have real lives but it's hard to imagine it at the same time. I recently got an email telling me that one of my pictures shows a baby in a diaper in the background and that I might want to go back and "fix" it. There's nothing to fix if you ask me, except my lack of photography skills.

Comments like that make me question myself though. Even though I'm not alone and I know it rarely does anyone blog about the real deal. Thank you!

AnnandJake says:

Fun to see inside and know that someone who has it all together like you has cheerios on the floor just like me. ;)

I got a kick out of that Salon article, too! Thanks for keeping it real.

WhoWhatLogos says:

I want to come make a fort, or two, or three…love it!

You are a Rock Star!!! I grew up Catholic in Utah and I've Iived in a small town in Wyoming for 21 years. My baby is 16 and your video took me right back to the days of art projects on the table, laundry crawling away from the machine and piles of unmated socks. The sewing machine in the living room from halloween to Christmas, the 2 year old taking his clothes off at his 10 year old sister's play practice and can someone please tell me why the 7 year old walked home 1 block from the bus with only 1 snowboot on. My husband and I always sit behind families with young kids in church. We always get a kick out of the kids, and we always let the parents know that it's okay to have a little chaos and can we help? Thank you for being real!!!
    PS:) I get asked to bring funeral potatoes to lots of events.

Condie Family says:

Your video was awesome..felt like I was watching my own life..me in the workout pants, things everywhere (I just cleaned this last night…how does it get so messy so soon??). A relief to see someone else in the same boat :) I love us Mormon Mommy's who are realistic to how our lives are :) Good thing our hubby's love us!

LOVED this! Way to make us all feel better about the cushions we can't flip over, the tubes of toothpaste on the bathroom floor, and the clothes strewn here, there and everywhere. You rock!

[email protected] Present Life says:

Bravo for you for showing everyone what it's really like to be a mom with little ones running around! I am soooo happy when I go over to someone else's house and it's a mess…it makes me not feel so guilty about my "cheerios on the floor." Thanks for being so brave and honest! Now maybe I should go pick up the crayons that are littering the floor before my husband gets home!

i loo-oo-oooved this! thanks for the glimpse inside your real life =)

Oh Becca, you are a rock star! I must admit that I was nervous to meet with you because my memory of you was that of perfection and this blog??? I mean HeLlo!!! You are just as amazing as I remember. After seeing this video though it makes me want to hang out even more!!! Like we could be "comfy" friends instead of dress up like crazy to impress…I can't live up to that ya know? As a cosmetics blogger I am always praying that no one will notice me on the days where I had to run out of the house, no makeup, dryer sheet stuck to my butt and two kids running frantically to keep up with me. I am so glad that you put in your two cents on reality but that it's okay to portray who we WaNt to be. That's me on Sundays. That's my day to rock the "all put together" look. Thanks again Becca!!!

My Decoupaged Life says:

wow i loved this! I had loved that article but laughed because I am so far from that portrayal. Anyway, i'm definitely going to follow you after readingthis! plus I do craft tutorials and such too

LibbitCreativeHabit says:

Great motivator! Love your "real-ness!".

Melissa E Photography says:

hahahahahaha! I love you Mrs Becca D. I laughed out loud approximately 100 times. :)

Amen to this !!! We all do the same, have the same struggles, look the same in our houses in our sweats but we have fun too !! That's what blogging is about !
    All bloggers put a nice face on their blog not only Mormons :)
    I am LDS by the way :)
    XOXO

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy says:

Love it! your house is still cleaner than mine, but it's nice to know I'm not alone (esp my bedroom, take your dresser top and times it by 1000… (no closet) love love LOVE it. I also have a naked one, but not the curls (what was the point of marrying a man with curly hair if none of the kiddo's got it???) you did a great job!

I am not Mormon but I do know how it feels as a mom seeing all those other "perfect" moms and feeling like I can never live up to that. Thanks for the sneak peak. It was especially relevant to me today because my daughter poured an entire family size box of Cheerios out on my kitchen floor while I was making dinner!

YAYY!! Real moms rock! We actually have a blog party going on right now about this VERY thing! Check us out and link up if you'd like.

LOL! I think that bloggers understand this about each other, but others looking in don't! It baffles me. Of course every stay at home mom out there deals with these things, but most don't put those photos on their blog! It seems like it should just be understood, but it isn't. Thanks for the laugh.

I though that was great and will be coming back to your blog again…because of that video :)

Another Mormon Mommy Blogger,
    Brandy

HAHA!!! I'm soooo loving you right now:) You're my hero Becca:) I couldn't have said it better myself, and maybe I will go to sleep tonight without scrubbing my kitchen floor, folding up my ironing board, or throwing away my sewing scraps:) Thanks for putting this out there!!

Jen-CraftOManiac says:

HEY HOT STUFF- OK' You rock I am smiling from ear to ear this was so awesome and funny! I think you are going to rock more after this. I love that you kept is so RAW AND REAL! and giggle giggle cough cough.. I so posted my daughters pristine polished bedroom today on my blog… and failed to post the real grenade of a bomb that it really was. Oh' and the bleached out bedspread on the flip side of the floral side… HA! anyway, HOLLER at the Mormon mommy blog that you have and I am right there with you… house dirty dishes and fishy crackers crumbled on the couch and floor! THANKS for keeping it real. LOVE IT! winks- jen P.S. my youngest is 2 and he is at the pull off the diaper stage too.. all day I battle it pants or not on.. he takes it all off, I have even found poopies to clean up! YEAH!

Caroline @ Atelier Caroline says:

Thank you for keeping it real *Hugs* you made my day :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video. Thank you for posting it! It is so nice to see someone else's house with a fort in the living room.

Victoria ObSEUSSed says:

This is a much more typical view into a Mormon house. Looks like it could be any house with kids – not just a Mormon house. Thanks for showing that Mormons are not perfect. Most people like to put on their best face to promote their business (blog or anything public). Just like your beautiful Twitter pic, I barely recognized you in the video. I think it shows Mormons like to try to be positive even though we are surrounded by some discouraging SAHM stuff that cdould make us negative. Some people dwell on the negative but many Mormons embrace the positive sides of being a mom and show that side. So glad you shared this. – I'm a Mormon Mommy Blogger too.

Thanks for your blog! and your fresh look at how we all really live. I so remember these days and sometimes drove myself crazy trying to keep my house and kids looking half way normal. Enjoy this time it slips by quickly and before you know it all of your little babies are having babies of their own. Yes, I am a grandmommy mormon blogger too and even when you have no kids in your house to make the cheerio messes, (no, it couldn't be me, making the mess?) you finally come to the realization that people all over the world are pretty much all the same. Thanks for making my day and making me smile!!

Bebop Girl says:

Now I know why I follow you! Did not know you were Mormon. As a 61 year old (Catholic) mother of 4 grown children I promise you you will miss these days and you will be oh so grateful you made this video. I remember part of a poem that just popped into my head: "Settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my babies and babies don't keep".

Keep on rocking!

Becca, you are a rock star! I love your down to earth real life blog & that little Charlie is telling you she wants undies not icky diapers. hahaha just kidding. Reading your Charlie stories so remind me of my almost 2 year old. I had to put child locks on my top cupboards to keep her out. Oh, our girls, what can you do but love them dearly!!! Thanks for keeping it real!

Becca I love this post. I took the time to read the article and i find it so weird that so many people find us to be this way. I've even heard it from some of my husband's co-workers how "mormons have it all together" I don't know a single sister in my ward who feels like her life is perfect. I think though that the reason "the world" is fascinated with MMBlogs is because through them we can express how happy the gospel makes us. Life for us is just as hard with ups and downs, the difference is that we learn to love and enjoy every second of it

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says:

Your vlog had me in tears laughing. Now if more of the mommy and decor blogger sorority could come clean…this would be a revelation.

Your gingham couch mimics mine…

Your closet has a twin here in Chicago.

My Hot Mess of a Closet

So nice to see the "Real" side of blogging life. I am a Mormon Mommy Blogger, too. I don't usually post pictures of areas in my home, but behind the pictures of my creative projects, there is probably cereal on the floor, dishes that need to be done, toys strewn about everywhere, and a naked baby running around my house, too. Thanks for sharing your video with us!!

Hugs,
    Amy ♥
    Scrapping Mommy

You made me laugh so much. I live in the uk and i'm not religious, so mormon mommy blogs are as far removed from my life as you could imagine! I read your blog daily and love it. Obviously I thought your life was perfect and now you have just shattered my illusions!! Thanks for being so honest, I think you are very brave. Keep doing what you're doing my lovely, lots of us really appreciate it xx Nina xx PS hats are just the thing for 2 day hair – I swear by them!!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whose kids will not stay clothed at home. LOL Thanks for showing us the real life you! It made my day!

Tammy @ she wears flowers says:

Awesome!! I love it!!!

Ward Family says:

Love, love, love the video! My house and your house must be related! Love your blog. Thanks!

MessyMissy says:

That's so awesome that you put that out there. As a fairly Messy Mommy (hence the blog name Marvelously Messy) I sometimes feel intimidated by all the fanciness in the blog world. As a matter of fact, I am starting a new Link Party on Monday about how our craftiness comes from *messiness*!!! I'd love it if you'd stop by. Thanks so much for the look into your world, I watched the whole video and was smiling the whole time. You are a riot!!

Love it! Thanks for posting!

Tam @ Sew Dang Cute says:

So, so true Becca! Loved it! Real and inspiring. You hit it right on the head: the mess and happiness of it all, then the wanting to portray our "best self". Thank you so much for sharing!!!

LOVIN' the hotness! :) I can't say I ever thought of you as perfect (who is?!) but I really liked seeing "behind the curtain" because as inspiring as it is to view yourself the way you want to be seen, it can be reassuring to see other people are completely real too. Even if you knew it, it's great to see. :) Thanks!

Niki Carter says:

I needed that!! Thanks!

Thank you for showing your real life! You're great and I love your blog—you are in my top ten go to blogs!

~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

Shop with Me Mama says:

Love it! I am a Mormon, but don't practice (shame for shame!) so it is nice to "meet" you :) Thanks for making me smile :)

Katie @ covestreetblog says:

Thank you for posting this!! That is so my house everyday!!

Attempting Aloha says:

Hilarious! I can't even tell you how similar we are. Mostly that was like looking in the mirror. (minus the snow) Loved every minute!

Aloha,
    charlie

I loved this post :) I thought I'd let you know that I posted about it on my blog here: http://heathernow.blogspot.com/2011/02/im-more-than-my-blog.html
    Thanks for sharing this!

Char @ Crap I've Made says:

I finally got a chance to sit and watch this. Love it!

Awesome! I’d appreciate to see them undertaking front wheel drive
    drag racing, in reverse. That would certainly be a test of skills …

might create a bit of work for the mechanics, though! Can’t believe they need those tires around the front when the car only has four cylinders and two.8 litres.