"Unless you sell Thin Mints…No Soliciting"

Is it just me or do you get endless knocks at the door with people selling pink all purpose cleaner, magazine orders to keep kids off the streets, bug service, cement lifting, steaks in bulk, offers to paint my house number with an American flag on my curb and other endless mind numbing nonsenses? And what’s with them always knocking when the kids are starving and life is in 5th gear!
Anyway… when I heard about Silhouettes new Premium Vinyl that was made to withstand the out door elements I had the perfect solution in mind! HELLO “No Soliciting” sign! I’ve been meaning to put something like this up but finally had the perfect product to make it lasting!
And yeah… I like Thin Mints and Girl Scouts so of course I had to let them know they had the “A-Okay” to come a knockin’!

Premium vinyl has a stronger adhesive for indoor and outdoor use. It’s gentle enough for most indoor walls, but resilient enough to withstand the sun and weather. Premium vinyl comes in rolls 9 inches by 10 feet long (frosted vinyl is 9 inches by 4 feet).
So I created my design on my computer! When I first got my Silhouette it was easy to install the program! Now I just jump on and go! It’s so easy to change fonts and sizes and get it to look exactly like you want!
Press cut and let the machine do its thing!
I made sure my window was nice and clean before I went to adhere the new sign.
Yes… I highly recommend using a Subway eat fresh card to help transfer your vinyl!

Easy and cute! Hope it’s effective! I’m tired of cringing inside every time I open the door and see a salesman!
You’ve got to try this Premium Vinyl! Silhouettes wants you to get your hands on some so they are offering you a great discount!
Get 25% off any Premium Vinyl order by entering the code: BLUE at checkout!  Sweet right!
And if you don’t have a Silhouette machine yet they also have an offer for Blue cricket readers…check out this deal…
Buy a Silhouette machine package with 2 rolls of premium vinyl, 1 roll of transfer, and the Home Décor CD all for $225. Enter BLUE at check ouut to score that great deal!
Perfect time to buy! Happy Silhouetting my dears!
Offer valid Jan17th-22nd!
Silhouette Electronic Cutting Tool

Comments

Love that. I need one of those. Here in Florida, we also get the Spanish speaking people coming door to door to "sell" me their church. Ummm, if you are going to try to sell me anything I have to be able to understand what you are saying.

• 2

Agree! The ENGLISH language is the official language in the USA. If one comes to USA from elsewhere, it should be mandatory that they learn , write, and speak in ENGLISH, or leave and return to whence they came!!! WE should NOT have to adapt to THEM!!!!!!

• 3

Wow! Does this mean you only go to places where you speak the language? Guess I shouldn’t have gone to Italy last summer. Or Barcelona, or Switzerland. Wow. Just wow. No wonder ‘Americans’ get such a bad rap,.

• 4

Sarah, When you are in Spain, France, etc. you should at least attempt to speak their language! Should those countries demand their citizens speak English in addition to their native language in case you show up? I didn’t think so.

• 5
        Danielle says:

Actually, the United States does not have an official language. I wish they would declare one though.

{northern cottage} says:

such a darling idea! And a nice friendly way to tell them to GO AWAY! I love your subway card usage too! :)

Me N My Thrifty Ideas says:

Oh this is the BEST! You made my morning!

Scrappy Creations says:

Too cute – and not permanent. Fun idea!!

sweetybird09 says:

What a super great idea, and hey if you had not said something I bet most of us would have not picked up the spelling error…lol

Looks great, cute door :)

Good plug for Subway, and I am craving some thin mints also, so perhaps a sandwich and some cookies for dessert or is that spelled desert…lol…lol

freckled laundry says:

That is adorable, Becca! I love it. hahaha. I saw this in my reader and it gave me quite a giggle.

Carmen at Primcats says:

Thats adorable! and effective!

Carmen and the Primcats

Dominique from Craft Couture says:

such a cute idea! I love it.

Dixie Mom says:

That was seriously awesome. With or without the G.

That is too cute!! (Even the fact that you forgot the G). :)

Meg the Grand says:

I love this!! Brilliant idea.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door says:

I love this! Perfect product and absolutely perfect quote!

I totally love this! This is so cute. I love girl scout cookies!

That is some vinyl I could get behind! Very cute!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

I used to feel guilty at the thought of putting something like this up(cause this is that poor persons income)and then one week we had tons of knocks. I got good at saying, "No, thanks," in a very nice way, but sometimes I'm tempted….Your sign cracks me up!

I LOVE this!! i'm going to try it for sure:)

Katie@a mom, a wife, and a me says:

OMG you are my new worlds favorite person! Not only do I hate all the people who constantly knock on our door but I love my thin mints… gunna save this picture away untill my machine arrives then im totally gunna copy you!

You are genius!!

PERFECT! I love that the girl scouts are excluded from your no soliciting rule! Those girls are welcome at my house any time…as long as they bring their cookies! :)

Love it! What a line.

I have a little sign that hangs in the middle of my wreath that says "Solicitor's will be IGNORED!"

But I like your sign better.

June@I will craft says:

Perfect sentiment…. I love it.

ascrapoftime says:

That is so cute! It's a great way to deter salemen, and give your welcome guests a little smile. =o)

This is the cutest thing ever. Love It!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey says:

I LOVE it! My husband bought something from the kid's down the street one time when they were selling for school, now every time there is a sale for the school we have to buy from those kids, plus all our nieces and nephews….and since we live in a small town, they are all selling the same crap! :) Maybe I need one of those!

Jen@eighteen25 says:

haha. love this!!! a fun way to say "leave me the heck alone"!
    and boy oh boy do i love me some thin mints!!! bring on the girl scouts! :)
    jen

Daydream Believer says:

Haha, awesome! :)

This is totally adorable!

Heather @ The Black's Best says:

I love this! I hate3 it when solicitors knock on my door, because I feel horrible saying no.

• 34

NEVER feel guilty….guilt is NOT good for your mental well-being…..if you have too many guilt feeling, it can make you sick!!

Awesome! And I love that you're using a picture frame for a "wreath!"

That is so funny! I love it!

LaVonne @ Long Wait says:

Very cute :) Love it!

Oh, how I love this so! What a great idea!! Plus, thank you for the awesome reminder that it's Girl Scout cookie time! Now if only one of my little ladies was old enough to solicit business from me!!
    XOXO,
    Mags

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy says:

LOVE it!!! It's perfect, I totally need one (along with a front door)

Kim @ Starshine Chic says:

I love it!!!! Just wish I had a window at my front door to make my own.

jessicakbarrett says:

That is great! I have to do that myself. My husband was cracking up at this too.

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts says:

Hysterical!!! I love this, I so badly want one of these machines!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

xx-Kristyn

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something says:

if i still had my shop, i'd make this tonight for its door. i just love it!

Lois@frugaldecormom says:

Love your new window sign! I need one of those but don't have a window to put it on. Maybe I need to make a wooden sign to hang on the door instead of a wreath (:

That is seriously awesome! I always stock up on a case of Thin Mints so they'll last until the next time the girls come around!

Elizabeth says:

Oh my gosh Becca! You are hysterical! I love this!!! And I also share your love of the Tin Mint :)

kpmattingly says:

Love Love Love this!!!!!! :) I have said for the longest time…..I want a sign that says no soliciting unless you are a girl scout! :)

Emily Call says:

I love this. Usually I feel like "no soliciting" signs are a little harsh, but i really like this one.

Manecoarse says:

Oh, how I love this. It is so adorable and creative. Gotta share this with my friends. :)

AllieMakes! says:

HAHAHA! Perfect! Great signage! Love it! Might have to mimmic….

Hi, I'm Suz!! says:

I love this!! I think I would have to say:

Unless you sell Thin Mints or Popcorn … No Soliciting!!"

Love me some Boy Scout Popcorn, too!!

Hugs ~~ Suz
    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot.com

He-larious!!! Love it! I went a little crazy with the ole' vinyl at Christmas. "People who don't believe in Santa get socks and underwear for Christmas" went on my mantle this year in vinyl! LOL

-Karen

What a cute idea!

Just sent your site to my Girl Scout Cookie moms for a laugh! Cookie sales are just around the corner here in NY :)

The New Witty's says:

genius saying. i guess if you have the tools and equipment, it's easy enough to be a sign-maker! except they make squeegies for applying vinyl…but whatever works!

Lisa from Craftified! says:

Ohhhhhh how I LOVE this! I'm fortunate enough to not have people knocking all the time but I think I still might have to put something like this up.. It's really too cute to pass…

Jen-CraftOManiac says:

This has to be my most Favorite thing I have seen in a long time! I TRULY L.O.L! I just ordered some too! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, way to go girl! Jen

Are you kidding me? I just made a no soliciting sign with my premium vinyl too! Great minds think alike!

Samma Michelle says:

OMG you totally cracked me up with this one!!! I only wish I had some glass at my front door so I could have one. This is a sentiment of many of us and especially when we WANT those thin mints!! You put a smile on my face… Thanks!!!

Amy@ServingPinkLemonade says:

I LOVE LOVE your sign. Cracks me up–but so true. Girl scouts are the only solicitors I'll buy from.

Jacqueline says:

Absolutely adore it! The Young Women in our neighborhood made No Soliciting vinyl signs for our doors as a service project. Ours were not nearly as clever as this though. I truly have had a lot fewer solicitors with them!

Diana W. Windley says:

Very creative! I've found that my Girl Scouts are welcome at every door…even the "No Soliciting" doors. I think people make exceptions for cute little girls selling Thin Mints and Samaos!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

This is so cute and creative!! I love it!

How many boxes do you want to order? This is the best "no soliciting" sign I've ever seen.

Love this; but could not make. Do you make them and sell??? Etsy?

AB HOME Interiors says:

OMG! I have to try this. I swear to holy heaven I get every gosh darn saleman in my door despite the
    "ABSOLUTELY NO SOLICITING, NO EXCEPTIONS" sign on my door!Maybe this will work! so cute!

Allyson/HBMomof2 says:

We are counting down to our cookie sale here in California too and I just love your sign! Sending it on to our cookie moms and my fellow troop leaders! Awesome. What I love most is that it is nice, but forthright and oh so witty! Kudos!

Just wanted to let you know that I tweeted about one of your links (after I read it on The Motherload) and it was mentioned on the Louisiana Daily.

Hope you don't mind, but I am going to totally copycat you on this one! I don't have a window by our door, so I'm going to find another way to recreate. Thanks for such a creative site!

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun says:

I featured this on my blog today!!!

OMG! I LOVE it! I'm so doing this on my front door!!

Your post made me laugh out loud! I'll never forget a guy I once dated open the door to a little girl scout and said 'Can't you READ?' as he pointed to a No Solicitation sign…I also died! What a jerk! LOL

So I linked this on my FB page. Had to share the cuteness. Thanks for making me smile. :)

This is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. Just a note to all the ladies with the “NO SOLICITING” billboards, I noticed that many of you are saying that they don’t really work. If you care, here’s an explanation why. I must admit, I sold alarms during the summers to pay for college. Usually, door-to-door sales attract a certain ….. shall we say…obnoxious type A personality. (Don’t ask how demure little me got involved :) What I noticed time and time again was the bigger the sign, the more driven the salesperson was to get the sale. People with the “girl scouts only” or “my baby is sleeping, please no soliciting” tended to get passed up. So the moral of the story? When you put up a NO SOLICITING sign that can be seen from the street, you’re mostly issuing a challenge to all the salespeople knocking on your street. You see “don’t come”. They see “just how good are you”. Hope this helps with your door knocking woes. Cheers!

I love this. Thanks for the tutorial. I think I will be making one soon.

I love this! Mine sure looks boring now that I see yours! LOL

I love it!! That is too, too cute!

Thanks a lot for sharing the tutorial :)

It’s an remarkable post designed for all the internet people; they
    will obtain benefit from it I am sure.

I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to
    see a great blog like this one these days.

Hi, all the time i used to check webpage posts here early in the morning, because i
    like to find out more and more.

1. [...] anywhere. In fact, they are the only solicitor that I am happy to see when I answer the doorbell. Blue Cricket Design even designed a no soliciting sign… that excludes Girl [...]

2. [...] Blue Cricket Design, Reddit) « You win this round [...]