$2 Magazine Rack! Thank you Ikea!!!

Dear IKEA “As is” section,

Oh how I love visiting your tiny corner of the store and finding treasures! You once again did not disappoint! Today’s find was lovely so I must send a warm thank you your way! Your $1.99 Crib section I’m sure was over looked by many! “What on earth could one do with this?” one might ask! But have no fear! I’ll find a fancy way to use your tossed and mismatched goods! I’ll rescue this little number and turn it into something magical just watch!

Thanks once again “As is!” I adore you at the moment!

Love,
Becca

$1.99 and a 90 degree turn latter…..My very own simple magazine rack! I didn’t even paint anything, thought how cute would this thing be painted blue or yellow! Eeek!!! Maybe I need to start shaking up
the old spray paint can!!

Comments

Madigan at madiganmade says:

Genius! Love the repurpose (and the price!).

Collaborations says:

I have one of these that I found at a rummage sale. It had been painted red and I use it turned like yours and propped against the wall to display Christmas cards we have received.

Thanks for the idea. My dtrs crib can not be used as a crib for the new safety reasons – I hated to get rid of it as I pd a lot for it so now I can repurpose the rails!

kpmattingly says:

Great idea! I never find good stuff at our as-is Ikea section….

How great is that! You lucked out … and I love what you chose to do with it.

[email protected] Present Life says:

So simple yet so brilliant! I love it! And what's nice about an IKEA crib rail is that once it's turned on it's side, it no longer resembles a crib at all! Genius!

wish I thought outside the box like that! I could totally use one of these right now! I vote for Yellow!!!

Goodnight moon says:

That's what thinking outside the box does for you! Awesome job!!!!!

Ooohh….that is awesome! When we dissassemble our crib for Christmas (she's getting a "big girl" bed) maybe I need to re-think throwing it in the trash…..hmmm…….

the cape on the corner says:

love it! great idea and perfect for that little corner behind your seat. great find!

Kim's Treasures says:

Fabulous idea! I need to go to IKEA soon!!!

me/mom/NANA says:

I love this idea, but I must admit when I saw it I thought it was a gate you were going to use to block off the Christmas tree from a baby, which would work for me.

What a great idea. Seems like there are always cribs at garage sales and thrift stores for a few dollars.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

Brilliant! My mil goes crazy with some of the…treasures I have decided to keep, but with a little creativity, there's an awesome usefulness to be found. Thanks for the great ideas!

YOu are sooo smart! I LOVE IT!

Makalani Adolpho, PLC says:

How great is this? What a clever idea!!!!

Vicki ~ FL says:

Well, aren't you the clever one to think of such a great idea ;~0

Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

Too cute! I so need one of those!

great idea. I love Ikea. Thank you for inspiring.

VintageGeek says:

Cute idea! We used one of these from my son's crib after he outgrew it to hold handtowels in our master bathroom – there weren't any towel racks near the sink, can you believe it? So instead of putting holes in our beautiful wallpaper, we just leaned one of those up against the wall. I also use it to display my vintage handkerchiefs.

What in the world!? I have a little magazine holder and my oh my it does not do the trick, I have FAR too many magz but this, THIS is brilliant I tell you, as though you didn't know! Psh! I need one. Let me know the next time you go to IKEA, I'm going to go sit inside your brain!

LivingSoAbundantly says:

What an amazing buy and creative use! :)

Ingenious!! I am going to do this immediately!!!!

Stoppin by from Life Your Way!

Happy Monday!

tulpoeid says:

:O I’m full of love right now!! What an idea!
    (And yes, one would be silly to overlook this treasure, so many possibilities…)

How do you keep it from sliding down and falling flat on the floor?

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright
    infringement? My site has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either written myself
    or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over
    the web without my authorization. Do you know any methods
    to help stop content from being stolen? I’d definitely appreciate
    it.

1. [...] Magazine Rack from Blue Cricket Design [...]

2. [...] 2 Little Hooligans | Caz – A Little Learning for Two | Amber – One Shabby Chick | Courtney – A Diamond in the Stuff | Gail – My Repurposed Life | Becca – Blue Cricket Design [...]

3. [...] Meet Penny, Blue Cricket Design, The Art of the R’s, Storage Glee, Achados de Decoração, Pinterest, 2 little hooligans, [...]

4. All Out Cricket Magazine

[...] one of these that I found at a rummage sale. It had been painted red and I use [...]

5. All Out Cricket Magazine

[...] at I found at a rummage sale. It had been painted red and I use it turned like y [...]