Christmas Countdown. Good things do come in small packages!

(This is a fan’s favorite revisit from last year!!)

With so many wonderful Advent Calendars and Count Downs out there you know I had to put my spin on the Holiday tradition! I created this smaller version of a Christmas classic for all of you out there with limited space and for those of us who’s husbands would kill us if we brought home one more Huge Christmas Decoration!

Gather the following supplies…

1 pack of Library Book Pockets/Envelopes. ( sold at teacher/learning stores)
Approximately 12 Sheets of Scrapbook paper
3 Sheets of Colored Card Stock
Distressing Ink
Glue Stick
Paper Cutter
2″Circle Punch
# Stencil
Sharpie
2″ Ring
Ribbon

And away we go!

Measure and Cut 25 pieces of paper. You will want the cut paper to be slightly smaller then the envelope. I used standard sized envelopes so my paper was cut to 3.5 x 3.25″.

Use your Distress Ink to add detail to the edges and corners of the cut paper! This step is well worth the added time! Attention to detail always pays off!

Now you will want to lay out all 25 pieces of paper. Arrange them in a random order being sure not to put two of the same prints next to each other!

It’s now time to add our 2″ Circles. First we will need to cut them out! I have fallen in love with my new Martha Stewart Circle Cutter! It cuts Circles from 1″ – 5 7/8″. All that versatility in one tool! Gotta love it!

Cut 25 and distress!

Assign a circle to each piece of paper being sure to make it look random and complimentary!

Taking one at a time you will now add the numbered day to each circle! I used a Stencil and a sharpie but if you have awesome free hand skills by all means show ‘em off!!

To make your inserts you will measure and cut a new piece of paper slightly longer then you did your first pieces of paper. In my case I cut mine 3.25 x 4.5″

You know the drill…Distress and arrange them to each envelope. At this point you can also adhere each circle to envelope.

@5 Days of Christmas Count Down Ideas

Now we need to add our Daily idea. I have created a list of 25 fun activities! Use these suggestions and add them to your inserts! I created my idea print outs on Photoshop! Come up with a customized way to display yours based on the Colors you you are working with!

Cut each Idea out and glue them to the insert cards. Be sure to lay them all out first and make sure certain suggestions are closer to the beginning of the month then the end! Putting up Christmas Decorations is something you don’t want to do December 24th!

Punch a hole in the corners.

Add them to a 2′ ring and tie on a Bow!

Hang on a Knob or on your Mantel and enjoy counting down the days until the Fat Man comes and raids your cookie jar!!!

Happy Count Down!

Comments

the thrifty ba says:

i do love counting down to christmas! what a great idea!

Custom Comforts says:

What a lovely idea and so beautifully done. Your attention to detail is stunning. Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy

Such a cute idea! Love the colors you used :)

That's really adorable!!!!
    Counting down to Christmas makes me panic a little bit, though…too many crafts, not enough time.

[email protected] mom, a wife, and a me says:

Awesome!! I think my kids need this! Great tutorial… i need to get me one of those circle cutters!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} says:

So, so cute!!! I'm hoping to create my own advent calendar this year too…fingers crossed!

Live, Love, Craft says:

I totally just completed mine using your tutorial!! Thanks sooo much for offering it!! You can see mine here:

I love this idea! I am going to start one for our family! thanks!

I started this last year and ran out of time!this year, I am on time and will make one for my girls and maybe my nieces.I managed to find library pockets, as I work in a school but they were still hard to find, with everything going to computers, there's little need for them anymore , so I just used envelopes sealed, then cut in 1/2 for the ones I am doing for my nieces.
    thanks for sharing, it's a classic!

CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Nov 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

I featured this today on my blog – todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

I would love if you stopped by and grabbed a button!

Amanda

Our Seven Dwarfs says:

I love this countdown. I will have to try the distressing ink, I haven't used that before. You would make Martha Stewart proud! I made a Christmas Advent using circular boxes, check it out if you get a sec! http://www.oursevendwarfs.com/2010/12/christmas-advent-board-tutorial.html

WOW! I love love love your idea! It’s so cute ! Your so crafty ! Very inspiring ! Thank you !

I blog over at http://www.2crafty4myskirt.blogspot.com/ and I just wanted to let you know that today I posted a round up of Christmas Countdowns. I featured this project in the round up. Please let me know if you are not ok with that and I will remove it from the post! Thanks!

1. [...] boys and I are doing a 25 Days till Christmas countdown.  The past few years I’ve done the Christmas socks and last year they bombed. Something [...]