Sock Wreath

The Dollar Store is a treasure trove of goodness and today’s project proves it! I’ve had both of these supplies for well over two years! While on my Spending Strike I had to get creative so while rumaging through my craft room I wondered if these two Dollar Store purchases would play well together! And the answer was YES!!!

This entire wreath cost $3! You’ll need a 12″ Foam Wreath form and two pair of striped Tube Socks!
Cut your socks at the heal and at the toe.

Next cut the longest section of your sock in half again. You only need to do this step if you’re using more then one style of sock. In my case I uses two different striped pairs of socks and wanted to alternate them so I needed to create even sections.

Cut the Foam Wreath form in order to make a place where we can slide our socks on.

Gather your sock section and slide it on!

Once you’ve put on all your sections just spread the socks evenly to make sure it covers the entire wreath!

And you’re done! Tie a ribbon on top to hang it and pat yourself on the back for marring two random Dollar Store Items to create something great!

And the next time you get on your kids or husbands backs for not picking up their socks just threaten them that if they don’t pick them up they may end up on a wreath!

Find out how you can become a guest poster HERE!

Comments

BJ_Mama says:

WOW! You are a GENIOUS! It looks much more complicated than it is….which means it's even MORE AWESOME!

This wreath is very cute..you're very creative!

the thrifty ba says:

i never would have guessed those were socks! very cute!

Heather Allen says:

That is super cute!! I would have never thought to use socks! Great Job…I LOVE the dollar store crafts. It makes my heart happy.

Kristen Andrews says:

I love this, simply adorable! I could do this w/ a bunch of my socks that have missing mates.

That is just perfect! I love the frame and the red door too!

Annie Wilcox Designs says:

You could so run with a theme for this one. I love christmas socks but my guys grow out of them so fast, I could have a wreath in no time, or halloween, YAHOO for this idea!

CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Love, love, love your sock wreath – so adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing, I'll be trying one of these soon! ♥Laurie from Scene of the Grime

casserole says:

That's brilliant!!! I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:
    –Anne

That is incredibly creative! It looks so nice on the door. Thanks for the idea!

Jenglamgirl says:

How creative and darling. I would LOVE one of these in my laundry room. Jenn

Leah @ A Butterfly In My Stomach says:

What a great idea! It is beautiful….I have plenty of mismatched socks to do this with! Thanks!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage says:

Ca-ute!!!

Okay. I am not a wreath girl, generally. This one, however, I adore! Those very same socks are sitting in my little one's sock drawer right now. I am sooo tempted to go nab them and do this. Although, I may have to seriously defend my actions as they are her most favorite socks. Hhmmm…. ;)
    Thanks for this. Such fun!

Bethany @ The Paper Pony says:

Wow! You really can make a wreath out of just about anything. This one looks so cozy and cute! Thanks for the tut!

So cute…..what crafters can make with what you have when they put their mind to it!! Great wreath.

Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

Seriously, how cute is this?! Who ever would have thought…If only i had cute socks.

Thanks for sharing chica!

ashley

Kimberly says:

How cute! I have soooo many striped socks from when I was in high school and we'd all wear matching ones each day of the week. (Total geeks.) I can't wait to make something like this!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

Stop it! I can't believe how cute and creative this is! It's perfect. :) I'm totally making one for my daughter's room – she's a sock nut!! ;) Thanks so much for the wonderful (and inexpensive) idea.

Joan@anythinggoeshere says:

This is a great idea. Love it. xo Joan@ thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/

Melissa says:

That's so amazing! It's cracking me up that it's done with socks–you really can't tell! :)

How do you put on the frame on and not let it slide around when the door is being open and closed.

The Keylors says:

Adorable!!!! Who would have thought socks for a wreath?!…so creative!

That is so cute and creative! Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.

creativejewishmom/Sara says:

Hi Becca, Hope all is well! This is too cute, I'm going to link it up on my craft Schooling Sunday! all the best, Sara

Grupo Mãos Dadas says:

hi!
    i made a brasilian version of your wreath
    come take a look
    thanks for the inspiration
    Adriana

The Double Dipped Life says:

I came from twitter, and I thought, "A sock wreath? Yuck!" But this is sooo cute!! What a creative idea!

L.A. Harker says:

Just stole a bunch of pics to use in the Studio 5 promo tomorrow! Can't wait to see you Friday! I'll try to stop by!

I just saw you on Studio 5 and loved your tutorial! It was so simple and inexpensive! And there was no sewing…a time saver. Love your blog! You Rock;)

Cute and Crafty by Victoria says:

Hi Becca, I linked your Sock Wreath idea to my blog. LOVE the idea!!

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust says:

I loved seeing this project on Studio 5! The bright colors really made it look amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!

Warmly, Michelle

Lenetta @ Nettacow says:

This is awesome! I love cheap ideas for when you "just gotta craft something!" :>) I linked on my weekly roundup – thanks for sharing!

Candy (Mama Lion) says:

this is so amazingly genius and so simple? im always saving craft ideas but this is one of those i think i just need to dive right in!

Thank you! I love this!

Crystelle Boutique says:

This is so totally very cute! I couldn't help myself: when I made a valentine version I HAD to blog about it!
    I linked back to you!
    Here is my version:

Thanks for sharing Becca!
    You ARE very creative!
    {yours is cuter…. ~ I like your socks better!}

Tragic Sensation says:

I heart this project so much, I made it and linked it to you! Thanks Becca!

Jessika @ A Moms Memories says:

Such an amazing idea! I will definetely be doing this, this weekend! I featured you on my blog over at *A Moms Memories* http://amomsmemorys.blogspot.com/

Too cute, You are brilliant, thanks for the inspiration.

Tiffany says:

So cute! I LOVE the frame too :)

Such a great idea!!

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!! Just shared it on my Facebook fan page! ADORABLE!

so cute. i love it!

Another totally awesome idea!! This is my first visit to your site and loving it… I need to get back to this kinda crafting… Have a great weekend!

With 6 kids I have so many single socks with no match – eaten in the washing machine – that this will be a great project – thank you

Love this wreath! I am totally getting myself on over to the Dollar Store to find some supplies to make this. Adding this to http://howsweet-kay.blogspot.com too!! Thanks :O)

great ideas and tutorial for holiday. thanks

Okay, you are amazing! I now know what to do with my giant pile of miss matched socks!!! After I make it I’m hanging it in the laundry area…My husband will get a huge kick out of this!! ;) Two thumbs up on this post!

SUPER CUTE idea!!! I have a recent obsession with wreaths. I’ll be featuring this on my blog today. Come take a look around at Creative Expressions by Brandy , feel free to add a comment and follow us!

I would also suggest using the foam pool noodles that are sold at the Dollar Tree. Thread on the socks, pull the noodle into a circle shape and duct tape the noodle together and spread the socks over the duct tape to hide. That would save having to cut the foam wreath. I used pool noodles as a wreath base for a wedding and they worked well and were bigger and less expensive than the usual foam wreaths.

Becca, what size frame did you use here in this pic for the wreath to sit into? Thanks!

Screendoorgirl 3 says:

Wow! Thanks.. Found your post through Pinterest and I love this idea. I plan to try it with the sleeves of a chunkilicious natural color sweater I got at Goodwill for a song … Thanks for the inspiration!

I love this. Although the Dollar Stores around me do not carry the form wreaths. But that is so ok. I have one question….After putting the socks on, do you tape the wreath back together? And if you wanted to hang without a ribbon, what would you suggest? Thanks.

So cute! Thank you for the tutorial. I would love for you to link up at my craft party SHOW-licious Craft Showcase. Just follow the link….http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/

Marti

You are such a smartie! I love this wreath! Thank you for sharing this great tutorial. I wanted to let you know that I have added this project to my What Can You Make with a Pair of Socks Round Up. If you would rather I delete your project from this round up please let me know.

Thanks and have a fabulous Day!

Thats is by far a genius idea! love your creativity!

Ananasa.com- Home For Handmade

Hi, this weekend is good in favor of me, since this occasion i am reading
    this great educational paragraph here at my house.

Take your time and effort in deciding on a good material a roofing
    company in Vancouver will offer you. Moving on, however, their application
    must be stressed that, because of the evolution why these covers
    have experienced over time, and because of the
    efforts of designers and architects that have tested it with hand applications and
    possible variants allowing to build up products that may be applied not only to industrial buildings and corporate offices
    (so far privileged places for the putting on these types of coverage) but also to personal homes built well with contemporary lines and take
    energy efficiency and autonomy, unique and advanced
    towards the ecological level. In an awareness hiring a professional would really purchase itself in the
    long run.

Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this web site, and piece of
    writing is truly fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these articles or reviews.

Title tags such as this, ought to be incorporated for every single page throughout your web site to link each together.
    These 5 steps will continue to work to profit you in maximising your website internet search engine
    ranking. Search Engine Optimization signifies Search Engine Optimization.

Dr Rino Lorenzo is often a Filipino Plastic Cosmetic
    and Reconstructive Surgeon based in Manila, Philippines.

About two days after surgery, all surgical packing is going to be removed from your inside in the nose, but you
    still is going to be bruised and swollen for 10
    to 14 days. This may be the one which will assure that
    you simply sleep from the entire.

You could have also had any sort of accident or injury after your initial rhinoplasty.

Improved Facial Appearance and Improved Self Esteem.
    There could possibly be no perfect outcome, but that
    doesn’t mean that you can protect yourself from purely substandard service.

Common reasons for damaging the nose include when the nose is way
    too wide in the base, if there is often a significant bump around the bridge from the nose,
    when the nose is crooked nose, etc’. All parts of nose needs to be analyzed properly
    to prevent any mistake in the surgery. See when the nasal obstruction is
    alleviated by elevating the nasal tip in patients with
    ptosis of the nasal tip.

At the corners, use strip-miters to fill the errors happened at
    cutting. Any roofing contractor you hire, whether for new roofing, roofing repairs or roofing restoration, must carry insurance.
    One of the most important structures of a property is its roof.

How many ways are there of going green in beauty schools. It’s very vital that you get Plumbing Alameda work made by a specialist.
    Do not just ask any plumber to come over and do some immediate repairs.

1. [...] Be sure to check out the amazingly easy tutorial at  Blue Cricket Design. [...]

2. [...] çelenk formunda süs yapalım mı ? Yapmak istiyorsanız yapılışı ve ayrıntıları için buraya tıklayınız. Reklam : Etiketler: çelenk çelenk yapımı çorap çelenk çoraptan çelenk [...]

3. Sock Wreath says:

[...] Click here for the sewing pattern by Becca of Blue Cricket Design [...]

4. [...] and go to the source to pin. Thanks!   1.This wreath is made from…socks! How adorable! From Blue Cricket Design. 2.Wouldn’t this look great with green and red ribbon? Great idea! From Embellished [...]

5. [...]  Made from Balloons… Croc Sandals… Socks from the $1 Store [...]