Sock Wreath on Studio 5

Last Week I went on a local TV show Studio 5 and demonstrated how to make my super fun Sock Wreath! I was asked to be on the program two days before my appearance so with little prep time I knew I needed a relatively simple project that wouldn’t need tons of prep with lots of steps! I immediately thought of the Sock Wreath so I sent off my email saying “Yes! I could make it!” and off to the dollar store I went ready to collect my supplies!

Well wouldn’t you know! Three Dollar Stores were completely out of long knee high socks! YIKES!!!! What on earth was I to do! As I was starting to panic I did tell myself that I bought the original socks that I used probably in the dead of winter! Oh great! This is going to be a disaster! It’s 90 degrees out side! Of course I won’t be able to find knee high socks!

So just before I gave in and had to buy six pairs of regular striped socks (which would still work great by the way!) I thought to myself “Self! Let’s try Target real fast and see what happens! Maybe you’ll find some clearance tights and all will be well in the world!”

Well holy cow TARGET!!! If ever I loved you more I would not be able to pin point the day! There I was surrounded by sock love! Clearance Socks dripping from the end caps! Stripes and Argyle and Harleqin oh my! Socks for as little as $1! All was well and a shopping I went!

So this near disaster of a project actually fell in to place quite well! So hit up Target and score some amazing socks! They do carry knee socks all year round! Good to know! Good to know!

Find out how you can become a guest poster HERE!

Comments

wow what a cute idea, we have loads of cute extra long socks here, not sure where I can get cheap rings from though!

Heather Allen says:

Target does have some amazing socks right now! I stocked up and then made some "babylegs" because they were so darn cute! Great segment…going to make one today!

tinahead81 says:

awesome!!

Great craft project! Can't wait to make some. I use the Target socks to make leg warmers for my daughter to wear over her tights for dance class.

2littlehooligans says:

wow, look at you on tv!! you did a great job by the way. i would have been so nervous!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... says:

You did a great job! Those are very cute!

I've seen your posting earlier on making this wreath from socks. It's such a cute idea and very inexpensive. You did a great job on TV!

That is the first time I've seen a sock wreath and I must say, it is not what I was thinking :-) It looks so much better than what was in my mind :-)

Carrie Me! says:

That is such a cute idea, and you were great on live tv! You are a natural!
    These would be fun for all the holidays. =)

The Harris Family says:

These are just adorable! I love how quick, easy, and cute they are.
    -Crystal

I'm going to make one of these next weekend! They are adorable, look easy to make, and will be a fun gift.

Thanks! La

[email protected] Stitched says:

I watched it and was totally excited for you :) u did awesome!!! :)

Hi Becca, so glad Target was a score for you! My daughter is a sock freak, she loves Target :)

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!

So fun to see you on TV again! I loved your first sock wreath, and I think I love these ones even more! What a great score from Target!

allison says:

I LOVE this idea! I have a bajillion baby socks lying around that I can't bear to part with (not sure why) and think this would be an adorable way to make a keepsake for his sock when his feet were teeny tiny! Thanks for such great inspiration!

serioulsy, you are so creative! who would've thought SOCKS?? i love it & congrats on studio 5 :)
    i definitely need to make me one of these. any excuse to go to Target, woohoo!

thanks for sharing :)

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of
    the post I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be
    bookmarking and checking back frequently!