There I go again playing with hardware!

What’s my deal! I officially have a thing for accessorizing with hardware! Maybe it’s my thing! Maybe it’s just easy and always seems to turns out adorable! Let’s just go with it!

I picked up this 3′ long chain of linked metal in the jewelry making section of Robert’s Crafts. Once I bought it I wish I would have just gone to Home Depot. Those orange aproned workers are starting to recognize me. There on to me I tell ya! Check out their chains as well… I think it’s cheaper and they may have a wide variety.

Cut a strip of ribbon twice as long as your chain. Be sure to cut a nice sharp angel to make it easy to thread in between each link.

And start threading away! Go in and out of each link until you’ve weaved the entire length of the chain.

Tie off your ribbons and trim the ends. Be sure to burn the edges to keep the ribbon from fraying.

Add a little color and get crazy in the hardware section…yet again! This entire project cost me only $3! Gotta love that right?

Oh and I must share and get some advice. I want to order some new pots and pans and I fell in love with this set from www.cookwear.com

I love this blue Set by Paula Dean but it’s out of stock and I’m dying to get it! It also comes in orange or red but I really love the blue! Do I just hold out for the blue or do I pull the trigger on the orange?

And look what else I love… Matching mixing bowls!!

I’ve sort of kind of fell in love with this new site but man… I can’t make my mind up!HELP!!!

And p.s… I’m still looking for your tutorials ! I haven’t turned a single tutorial away! They have all been awesome! I’d love to answer any questions you might have when it comes to submissions!

Find out how you can become a guest poster HERE!

Comments

Lynn from For Love or Funny says:

So clever! I saw similar necklaces at the store – now I can do it at home for a lot less money!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle says:

Very clever!

You are so clever! What a cute idea!

Hold out for the blue!!! Or we might have to start calling you Orange Cricket Design?!?! Hahaha… That blue is gorgeous, and well worth the wait!

Love Being a Nonny says:

Blue, hold out for the blue!!! If you don't, you'll wish you had! Love it!

Leslie says:

Very nice!!

Becca! Cute necklace, but I wanted to tell you I've been drooling over these pots and pans (in blue), too…at Walmart!!! Seriously, I say definitely stick it out for the blue.

**Okay, here it is…out of stock online, too. But I know I've seen it in the store…

I LOVE LOVE that necklaces..

Hold out for the blue! Love that color!
    And cute necklace too! I love it!

the thrifty ba says:

do the people at home depot just wonder why you buy so many weird supplies?

the thrifty ba says:

i ment that comment in a good way-i love your stuff!

janimal says:

Oh my that is COOL!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

Love this necklace! And your shirt is pretty cute, too. I would hold out for the blue cookware. You might be able to find it in stores. I know I have the Paula Deen crockpot that I purchased from either Target or Walmart.

Amanda says:

I want the orange set. When I saw the orange loaf pan, I started to get that itch of, "Will Hubby get mad if I get this right now? Probably, but I really want it. sigh. Okay fine I will wait until later." I hate how I have to have this internal debate with myself and my recessive rational side wins.

susang says:

I totally LOVE my set of pans that I just bought, and I got the blue. I paid less than $90 for the set on QVC. Not only are they beautiful…nothing sticks and the clean up is amazing!

$3 for something so cute! I love it! Make me one!!! :)

If you love the blue, it's worth the wait. It's the worst when you always wish you would have bought something, and now it's too late. Personally though, I kinda like the orange! It's more unique, that blue is so popular right now. I think it would be fun to have something kinda different!

Suzanne says:

Oh, I LOVE this one. Sassy and classy!

Doris Today says:

Awesome necklace, and cute shirt too. I love accessories and especially ones that cost next to nothing and look expensive.

[email protected]~millie designs says:

I love the necklace and never would have thought of checking the Home Depot! That's awesome! I love following your blog!

This is just adorable! Thanks for sharing this cheap and chic idea! :)

I could totally do that! (Not that I'll ever find the time to do so, but I could if I really, really wanted to!) And I'd go for orange for me but blue for you. ;)

Mama Lusco says:

You rock! This is great. THanks for sharing!

Brett and Shireen says:

So cute! And I say hold out for the blue.

Beverly says:

I really like this! So pretty with the pink ribbon but it would also be stunning with black. Guess I need to head to the hardware store. ;) oh – and I'd hold out for the blue. If that's what you really want, the wait will be worth it.

Love the necklace idea. I hate spending money on jewelry. Search for the blue pots, orange just doesn't give the nice robin's egg effect.

Mary Lou says:

I have a big chain necklace I'm going to try the idea with. It's needs some softening and that might be the answer.thanks.

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun says:

beautiful! I was just thinking I needed some new necklaces!

Great hardware! Looks cute!

Great necklace!
    My personal opinion…hold out for the blue.

I love your necklace! I've seen tons in the stores and have been thinking about how to make them myself…now I can thanks to your great tutorial!! Maybe I'll add one of my flower pins that were big 5 years ago! :) Great inspiration!

i got the orange skillets, mixing bowls, roaster and dutch oven for my christmas/birthday. LOVE them. the orange is so fun and brightens my spirit whenever i pull it out!!!! all of the colors are gorgeous though and they are just great pans!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey says:

I love this, and it's so cute but also has a rock/punk look that i know a lot of teens would get into as well, thanks again for another inspiring project!
    Oh and hold out for the blue, that is gorgeous!

I'm going to post this on my blog today :)

Brit

L.A. Harker says:

BECCA! I love this necklace! I'm definitely making it! How do you get your bow so perfect?

**Amy** says:

I just love that necklace. I would definitely wear one! Thanks so much for the great idea! Love your blog!

Your aqua pots just came into stock on Walmart.com…..I just ordered mine :O)

Wow, I love that necklace. Very creative!

Christine says:

Love that necklace! I feel a trip to Home Depot coming on!

Я тоже бывало такое замечала, однако как-то заранее не придавала этому значения.

What a great idea! I have some ugly chain and a bunch of ribbon to use! A quick way to get a new necklace to go with the spring wardrobe I just bought!

Becca, this necklace is SO beautiful who cares what the people at the store think, at least they’re getting your business right. Oh and I’m sure you’ve got your pots and pans by now but I’d hold out for the blue if you haven’t or else you’ll always wonder why you didn’t. Best Wishes and thanks for sharing an awesome tute on a lovely necklace, Lynda :-)

Hold out for the Blue I own it and LOVE IT! i will never buy anything other then paula you can even fry cheese and it won’t stick!