I hope your like me and have endless memories of your childhood and growing up years! If so has it ever made you wonder what your own kids will one day remember about you? I’m glad I took the time to reflect on that very thought!
Originally posted 6/29/09
I was thinking the other day “I wonder what my kids will remember about me?” What impressions am I leaving on them at this point in their lives? Am I leaving a good one? Will the good out weight the bad!? It made me do a little inventory and want to try even harder to make their childhood full of positive memories of time with mom!
I want them to remember….
* that I sang to them at night and taught them my Girls Camp songs.
* that reading was important in our home and we often read chapter books together and I didn’t skip pages.
* that I baked home made bread.
* that if I was mean or short with them that I always apologized.
* that I loved and adored their father, that I would even be found kissing him in the middle of the afternoon in the kitchen.
* that it was ok to say things were too expensive.
* baking with me in the kitchen and sharing what we baked with others.
* that I give the best back tickles!
* that even though I didn’t think they needed a band aid, I still let them have one just because it made them feel better!
* that dinner time was super important to me! Home made meals, manners and saying thank you were required!
* that I sewed cloths for them.
* that I was frugal!
* that I made them their birthday cakes and each one was special.
* that making things from scratch could be more fun!
* that I would often be found singing throughout the house as loud as I could.
Hopefully these memories will over shadow my faults. If anything this has made me want to create even more positive things my kids can one day look back on and smile about!