Ummm! Bundt Cake!

Sorry! But nothing is prettier then a Bundt Cake! Perfectly shaped confection! LOVE IT!!!!

Last month I brought home my grandmothers original Bundt Pan! This baby is a gem! Heavier then sin and memory inducing! Some of my best memories of my grandmother are ones of her in the kitchen so I just felt close to her as I baked my first ever bundt cake!

AHHH!!! ( Angels singing from the heavens! ) Ain’t she a beaut!

Here is the recipe I use for Vanilla Bundt Cake Magic…

2 1/2 cups Flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 sticks Unsalted Butter melted
1 cup Sour Cream
4 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Have all the ingredients at room temp. Position the rack in the lowest third of your oven and preheat to 375. Grease and flour your pan well.

In one bowl sift and combine all of your dry ingredients. In separate bowl, whisk together all of your wet ingredients. In a mixer use your beater attachment and combined the flour mixture to your wet ingredients until combined. Pour the batter into your greased and floured pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean and it’s starting to pull away from
the sides of the pan.

Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for approximately 30 min. Flip onto a cake plate and admire!

The key to frosting a Bundt Cake is to heat your frosting until it is runny! Microwave your frosting for about 30 seconds and tint it to the color you desire! I use store bought caned frosting! Pour it on and let it run over the edges!

Oops! I just drooled on myself!

Comments

That looks sooo yummy and Eastery! Every time I see a Bundt cake now it reminds me of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding!" lol…. "It's a Bundt…" "Boondt?" …It's a cake! lol HIlarious scene! I guess right now it's even funnier to me because I will be a mother in law by the time this coming weekend is over!

Ummmm, now I want a piece of cake. LOL

Sachiko says:

Mmmm I love Bundt cake,I love the color of your frosting!

I agree, bundt cakes are so yummy. I love lemon poppyseed with a nice tart lemon glaze on top. That is memory inducing for me:) So much so that when I got married in 2006 I registered for my own bundt pan, and my husband couldn't understand why I would want a cake pan and not a see through, fish infested, toilet seat. (I am now solely in charge of decorating as well as baking:)

Molly @ The Creative Maven says:

I am jealous of your pan! I have my great-grandmother's sewing table though, so that's pretty cool too!

raggygirlvintage says:

Looks di-vine with all that icing drizzled over it!
    Tracey

PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

This looks UBER YUMS!!
    I think I may try this tonight..

Meet Virginia says:

YUMMMMM! I could totally go for a piece!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
    Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

Amanda K says:

Yumm!! I love bundt cakes too! Love them! I make them all the time and actually just added a strawberry short "bundt" cake to my blog! How fun!!

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts says:

I love your grandma's bundt pan! I moved into my grandma's house after she died and found the pan she used to heat milk for hot chocolate in. It even has a ring around the inside at the point she always filled it to. It's probably made from aluminum, and we will die from it, but I don't care. It makes me feel like grandma is here.

I know what you mean about your grandma. I live in my grandmother's house now and I hosted Easter dinner this year and we were all remembering the Sunday dinners we had there for so many years!

We live in a Zoo! says:

Mmmmm, the drool was probably worth it ;D

Thelittlebrownhouse.us says:

How funny! I did a post making a bundt cake today too!

Love bundt cake pans. They make a simple cake seem fabulous.

Dreams of Perfection says:

MMMMM…yes please!! Not only is it pretty but I imagine it is tasty too!

tales from an oc cottage says:

Speaking of "Bundts" and being a total geek…this was actually a topic of conversation at Easter brunch since my sister had just bought a new Wilton bundt pan from Walmart that, seriously, seems to have magical properties! Anyone into "bundting" really ought to give this pan a try…you'll be "oohhing" & "ahhhing" to yourself in your own kitchen!

Happy baking!

m ^..^

Pati @ A Crafty Escape says:

Beautiful!

You need to have your mouth evaluated and then it will be possible to determine if implants are
    an option, what type of implants can be placed and if you are a candidate for a
    fixed appliance or a removable one secured by implants.