Sunday Flashback: My first ever blog post!

I don’t know about you but I absolutely love getting to know more about the bloggers behind the blogs! I have made so many new amazing friends while blogging! I admire their talent and skills and personalities that shine in their blogs! It’s like we have been friends for ages yet really I only know a small fraction of who they really are!

Because of this I’m excited to share a little more about myself and who I really am in my new “Sunday Flashbacks!” I’ll be letting you peek into my real life self and my real life thoughts! How will I do this you ask? Well my dear friends! I’ve recently been reading my original blog I started over 4 years ago! I recorded it all! I wrote it all down ( typed it all down!) and it really is a fun glimpse into my life!

I’ll be reposting some past favorites! I hope you don’t mind my walk down memory lane! I’m sure you’ll find more similarities that we may share, explanations on why I am who I am and other tid bits of life lessons along the way!

So enjoy with me as I embark on this fun little adventure of renewed self discovery!

“A Day in my shoes”
Originally posted March 22, 2006

It’s funny…everyday when my husband comes home he asks me what I did that day. Sometimes I have loads of exciting things to reveal. Other days I’m sad to admite that I just barely got dressed and brushed my teeth before he strolled through the door! Life as a stay at home mom is different for all of us. Some argue it’s a walk in the park! Other say it’s a life sentence of home bound woes! Every day is different that’s for sure! I make it exactly what I want…at that moment mind you! All my days seem to blend into each other. Nothing exactly keeping them apart. Everyday is filled with little girl snuggles, snacks and a trip or two to the “naughty wall.” Right now as I sit here I have the entertaining echo of Macy calling my name and pounding on her bedroom door. Did i mention it’s nap time!

Let’s get the bad out of the way first shall we…On a bad day I’ve heard my fare share of “NO! mommy!!” I change the baby at least twice because of a glorious mind blowing blow out and a constant “leaky faucet” like feature of baby drool. Nothing I suggest for lunch is well received and nap time results in my example above. And on a really bad day Macy will have discovered a bottle of lotion or taken a color pencil to bed with her and illustrated a wall! Getting out of the house with the two seems to be a welcomed treat but I am only too quickly reminded that I parked in a small lake in our parking lot and my shoes are now soaked. Then once out it’s a pre recorded “Mom I need a treat! Mom I want out of the cart! Mom I need to go potty…just kidding!” by the time I get home and unload the kids and the stuff and make it back to my enclosed life I vow never to go out again!!!! I then take a look around and see all that needs to get done at home. Eekk!! I tackle that and it’s almost time for my knight in shinning armor to come home! Oh CRAP!!! Iforgot to defrost the “what the hecks for dinner” and i only have an hour! Then dinner, chit chat, play with the kids, bed time. Then it all starts again the next morning.

Now for the good… I am awaken by the sweet sounds of baby giggles! As I peer over the crib there is little Blue all smiles as if nothing makes her happier then starting a new day! Morning snuggles with my girls gives me the energy to be a better person. We laugh and play and sing and take care of one another. Macy entertains me with her unpredictable comments… “Mommy, nothing is impossible! Mommy you have big boobies!” (funny huh!) Mom, I need my privacy!” mind you she’s 2! “Oopsie poopsi!!!” There is nothing more rewarding then seeing your children learn and grow. I feel validated when I see Macy understand a new concept. Big, bigger, biggest is our newest lesson. Shapes, colors, numbers (working on 11-20 now!) letters… she soaks it all in! Good days are full of successful lessons, dancing, singing and most of all laughing. On a good day I can go to Wal-Mart without getting to the register and embarrassingly have to unload a cart of unwanted items that Macy pulled from every rack along the way. A good day is a walk to the park and seeing little girl hair full of static because she has been down the slide 38 times! A good day is reading books and watching my baby sleep. 2 hour naps that allow me to jump on line, phone calls with Steph and Shireen, IM’s from Boopers, calls from the office 3 times a day, and an unlimited supply of oranges make for a good day!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again! Being a mom is the most natural thing I have ever done! I would never trade my life for anything. Nothing makes me happier then being able to be home with my girls. Thanks to Mike and his wonderful job I get to live out one of my biggest dreams of being a mother at home everyday. Even with all that may seem over whelming, I’ll gladly take it! I may not get a paycheck or a boss telling me I’m doing a great job. I don’t have bonuses or paid holidays or sick days at that. No lunch breaks or business trips. I’m paid in kisses and hugs and learning milestones and giggles. If you ask me…I’d say that’s a pretty good trade off! Most of the time!! he he!!

——————————————————————————

** Four years and one more kid later…I still feel the same way! Happy Easter everyone! Go love up on your chickens and appreciate what you’ve been blessed with!

Comments

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts says:

Two or three trips to the "naughty wall" for you or her? So hilarious and brought back sweet (and sour) memories. I love your little one's pookie face in the photo. One of my grocery store nightmares was when my hubby put my girl in the cart and she started screaming "You broke my leg!"

Jennifer says:

Cute blog!!

Now following!

jennifer

Annie of Blue Gables says:

Very sweet. I couldn't have said it better myself. Now-a-days I get rewarded with sweet texts. "Mom, thank you for being a stay-at-home Mom. Your decision has and will influence generations to come for good."
    Wow. It seemed the most natural and sweetest dream come true I could ever have wanted.
    hugs to you
    ~a

So cute! And my name even made it on your good list- wow! I feel so special!

Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

LOVE the sneak peak into your life–very touching! Can't wait to read more :) You sound like one awesome momma!

Jordan Sneakers says:

It's so lucky for me to find your blog! So shocking and great! Just one suggestion: It will be better and easier to follow if your blog can offer rrs subscription service.

air yeezy says:
    Kristen says:

That was so sweet. I loved reading that. It is so fun to go back and see what you were thinking years back and less kids. I too love being able to stay home with my girls and watching them grow.
    I love your blog.

Anonymous says:

It is reserve, neither it is more, nor it is less

Anonymous says:

It was extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anete Swenson

Anonymous says:

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anete Swenson

[url=http://collagen-q.ca]natural collagen[/url]

A [url=http://www.treegrid.com/scroll-table.html]scroll table[/url] tabletable row runs horizontally in a line across a table tabletable and is normally made up of several boxes with information [url=http://www.treegrid.com/rows-table.html]rows table[/url]. When you draw a table tabletable on a piece of paper, you are creating columns and rows rowsrows. Each horizontal line of boxes is a different table tabletable row. Often, the row at the top of the [url=http://www.treegrid.com/web-grid.html]web grid[/url] is used to create headers, which tell the reader what information can be found in the boxes below it, also known as the column. For example, the first three boxes in the first row of a table tabletable in a teacher’s attendance book might read "Student's Name," "Present," and "Absent."

Table rows are commonly used in HTML to create tables and to format a web page. The HTML tag for a [url=http://www.treegrid.com/grid-data.html]grid data[/url] is . Within each row, the tag must be added for each new box the user wants to create in that row. A new table row must be created to move down to the next line [url=http://www.treegrid.com/sort-table.html]sorting table[/url] and start a set of boxes below the first. This example shows a table with three table rows and three table columns.

Pretty cool site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Hilary Swenson
    agence escort suisse

Rather interesting blog you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Joan Swenson
    girl paradise

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Kate Smith
    escort ukraine

Nice post as for me. I'd like to read a bit more about that theme. The only thing it would also be great to see here is some photos of any devices.

Kate Kripke
    cellular phone jammer

Anonymous says:

It is remarkable, a useful phrase

Anonymous says:

I definitely want to read more on this site soon. By the way, pretty good design your site has, but don’t you think it should be changed once in a few months?

Anonymous says:

Pretty nice site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.
    Don't you think design should be changed from time to time?

Julia Kuree
    massage monaco

Anonymous says:

Great page. Will be back soon.

Anete Benedict
    mexico female escorts

Anonymous says:

Pretty nice blog you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Joan Benedict