Folded Felt Flowers

It’s time for another flower tutorial!

I love this new technique! We’ll be pairing it with some old classics to make a layered look that’s fun to play with colors, fabrics and buttons!

Start by cutting at least 6 circles of felt. The ones I used in this example are approximately
2 1/4″ circles! Just grab something round and trace away! I used a lid from my girls play tea set!

You’ll be folding each circle into a burrito!

Sew two straight stitched with your sewing machine through the middle.

Now cut between the stitching and now you have two sections!

Lovely lovely petals!

Cut one more circle the same size as your original circles and pin on your petals!

Time to sew!

Yuck!!! This is what it looks like when you forget to put your foot down while sewing! No need to worry! We’ll be covering up our stitches! Thank goodness!

Now we’ll throw on some of our past techniques like our Heather Bailey Flowers! Cut a few more circles out of fun fabric and grab yourself a button!

Start layering them on!

Ooops! You caught me! I traded out the red button for a yellow and stitched it all together! And now it’s up to you how you want to finish it! Glue on a broach pin or an alligator clip or glue it to a headband!

Fun, bright and endless possibilities! I also think they would look great on a package, clustered on a throw pillow or on a frame!

Comments

Silent Princess says:

woow, that looks so pretty and cute!!!

Josée alias amelanche 1 says:

Très mignon!!

Bonne journée.
    Josée

Heather Allen says:

These are beautiful..I can not wait to try one!

Nice technique with the circles and stitching them in half. I would never have thought of that! Will have to make one or several.

That is adorable! Thank you so much for the easy to follow tutorial!

Mary Beth says:

How CUTE! Such creativity! Love it!!!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... says:

These are adorable~ I love how different they are from all the others! Thanks for sharing!

LOVE it as a headband! CUTE!

Kristi Flanagan says:

Awe – I want some!!!! Becca – come plant your creative seed at my blog party on Fridays! Plant a Punkin Seed at Punkin Seed Productions!

Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

I love how happy this looks! too cute! great tutorial! :)

Brit @ Esbe Chic says:

Super cute, I always love finding way to use felt (because I have so much of it)

Sarah loves it all says:

Hi Becca! I just came over to say that I love what you're doing with the Service Soap Box!! Are there more ways to get involved?

These are so cute!

Adorable!

That is so cool – thanks for the tutorial! Can't wait to make some :)

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence says:

Aaah Becca–what fun–so bright and springy!

Embellished Bayou says:

So cute, love this!

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun says:

so so so cute!

Kira Sortor says:

Love it, check out my blog too at http://www.mytearbears.blogspot.com and become a follower!

I'm LOVING your flowers!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

Meet Virginia says:

This is too cute! I love it!!

Check out my new
    GIVEAWAY!!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

Ann Flower says:

WOW!!!! This is stunning! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

meyerprints says:
    casserole says:

So pretty!!! I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:

–Anne

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

Super cute! You always have such great ideas.

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!

Hope your weekend is great!

Very Original and Very Pretty

Hi Becca! I featured this tutorial on my blog today, featuring 3 dozen flower tutorials. Here is the link:

THANKS!

Canada flower shops says:

I really liked your article. Keep up the good work.

car insurance missouri Congratulations on having one of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come across in some time! Its just incredible how much you can take away from something simply because of how visually beautiful it is. Youve put together a great blog space –great graphics, videos, layout. This is definitely a must-see blog! Maria , texas auto insurance

Thanks for the tutorial , you have posted it long time ago , but i saw it now , I was looking for cricket and I saw ur website.

Janaíne says:

Lindo!!! Muito criativo!!! Tem ótimas dicas e adorei seu blog. Parabéns!!!

Muy Lindo :)
    _________________
    Denise @ Sealy Crib Mattress Reviews

Yes, very nice indeed :)
    Oregon Auto Insurance

Energy, in relation your body, can be equated with calories.
    Data from the Center for Disease Control shows that over 60
    percent of Americans are classified as overweight or obese.
    For instance, if you usually sleep at 10 in the evening, your last food intake must be at seven in the evening.

In the identical sense, companies would be wise to present their workers something to unite under.
    This business will probably be operated through the owner’s home and will likely be done entirely about the internet.
    I have seen my share of scams, and have actually done a fantastic
    job avoiding being taken to get a sucker and I’m here to share with you, Ameriplan just isn’t a scam.

Using ingenious technology and innovation the Romans made an Empire that withstood the test of your time.
    Investors are there to assist the entrepreneur and to gain a
    profit from their investment from your entrepreneurs company.
    ” Employees at Nike are encouraged to become curious and open to new ideas, whatever their source.