Tissue Paper Eggs

You know I love a good paper mache project! This one was no exception! Take plastic eggs and charm them up with colorful tissue paper!

Gather school glue, tissue paper and plastic Easter Eggs!

Spread you paper and make thin strips.

Dilute 1/4 cup of glue and 1/2 cup of water for your glue solution!

Because the tissue paper is so delicate you will want to roll your plastic egg into the glue solution to wet it and lay your strips of paper on the egg. Then dip your finger tips in the glue and smooth out the tissue paper! I recomend using the same color tissue paper as your egg.

Continue layering your strips of paper until it’s covered completely with a few layers of tissue paper.

Lay your eggs on a plastic trash bag to dry. After a few hours you’ll want to roll your eggs to make sure the bottoms can dry evenly. Let them dry over night to ensure that they are 100% dried!

The dried eggs dry smoother then they look while wet so don’t worry too much about small wrinkles! Now your eggs will last for years! Fun bright colored eggs just in time for Easter!

Comments

These are so cute. If you put a few beans in them before you wrap them they make great shaker toys for kids too.

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

How fun! They look like colorful paper mache eggs. Thanks for sharing!

Hey there – just want you to know I linked to you today. I made a flower clippy for my young un inspired by your tutorial. THANKS!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... says:

SO Easy, yet soo cute! Thanks for sharing! :)

• 5

We love these bright colorful Easter eggs and thought it would be a great kids craft, so we shared it on our site!

all the best,
      Sherry & Wendy @ Kiboomu

Mary Beth says:

I just made some of these last night! I do need to make my strips smaller, though! I still have a whole bag of eggs to go! :)

Memaw's memories says:

What a great idea. They are so cute.

I LOVE this idea fellow "Becca" (mine is spelled BEKAH, but all us "Becca's/Bekah's" are unique :)

Crafts and Deals says:

SO CUTE!! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue says:

Well now – isn't that just the cutest idea!!! thanks for sharing :)

stephanie Toole says:

I bought Styrofoam eggs to do this last year.. but I completely forgot. Just maybe I will do it this year!

Gracefully Vintage says:

Becca OH mY goodness, LOVE it, INSPIRATION, oh yes… I will be doing that today with my girls, i have this list of great Easter Projects ive seen over the past few days. I LOVE that, what a great decoration idea…
    Karryann

Emily Call says:

Seriously such a fun idea!

AM from White House, Black Shutters says:

Very cute! I have that same stand and never once thought to add grass to the bottom and use it as decoration! Maybe my potatoes need a new home ;)

Thanks for sharing, found you through Tip Junkie, following you!
    -Ann Marie

Mommy of Two 24/7 says:

Very cute!!

Meet Virginia says:

TOO cute! I love how these turned out!!

Check out my awesome GIVEAWAY

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
    Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

RootsAndWingsCo says:

Love these! The bright colors are awesome!
    Rebecca of the R&W Gals

Magic Brush says:

I just did a whole blog post on tissue papering your walls/ceiling.

I didn't think of doing it on eggs! That's awesome!

So cute, Rebecca. :) I knew I'd click on your blog to find something that would inspire me to break out my Easter stuff – - yes!

a little bit of everything says:

Too too cute!

Rebecca is Thrilled by the Thought says:

I did this one year and it didn't turn out so well. I don't know how you can mess this project up, but I did. =)

Travelin'Oma says:

I love your blog. My readers are here for an Easter egg hunt. I'm hiding a "Tissue Paper egg."

We'll be back to explore soon.

Margo Blue says:

I so love this idea. I am not one that likes plastic eggs… My kids seem to think they are great for throwing and breaking. Maybe this would help. Thanks!!! :o)

Super cute! Just wanted to let you know about my new linky party, Mad Skills Monday! Open until Sunday!

Blessings,
    Ginger

Great idea! I am excited to make a few of these myself. I am on Travelin' Oma's Easter Egg Hunt but I have been following you for awhile as well.

I love these – and prefer this method to dying.

Travelin'Oma sent us your way, and I'm glad she did! Nice blog.

Sharon@KeenInspirations says:

I think this is one of my favorite "egg redo's" that I've seen this season!
    Happy Easter!

I like watching [url=http://www.finsfootball.com]football[/url] on [url=http://www.finsfootball.com/bbc-football]bbc football[/url] chanel. How about you people?

I always used to study post in news papers but now as I am a user of web therefore from now I am using net for posts, thanks
    to web.

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do think that you need
    to write more on this subject matter, it may not be a taboo matter but
    usually people don’t talk about such subjects. To the next!

All the best!!

1. [...] Tissue Paper Eggs Created by Blue Cricket Design [...]

2. [...] like to also try using tissue paper to cover plastic eggs. HERE’S a good tutorial for that [...]