Rolled Felt Headband

Super cute right? Felt is so freakin’ fantastic I just can’t get enough of it!It’s my version of teh Burlap obsession going on! Now I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…. YOU HAVE TO GET THE GOOD STUFF!!! Really good Boiled Wool is way different then the sheets of felt you buy in the craft section! It’s becoming a staple supply in crafters collections so more and more fabric stores are carrying it! Heather Bailey carries a really good line of Felt so if all else fails and you can’t find some local Felt check her on line store and stock up.

Here is just one more thing you can create with Felt…and it takes the smallest amount!Save! Save! Save your felt scraps! They come in handy!!!

Here’s what you’ll need…

• Felt! Imagine that!
  • Hot glue and glue gun
  • Rotary Cutter and straight edge…not a must but it sure does help!
  • Headband
  • Scissors
You’ll cut thin strips of felt 1/4″ wide by 6-10.” The longer your strip the larger your rolled felt piece will be! You’ll cut a variety of lengths!

Cut different lengths and colors.

Tightly roll each strip and secure the end with a dab of hot glue!

Roll and glue then all until you have a small collection.

Now we will glue our rolls down onto a piece of felt to create our design. Start with your center roll and adhere it with glue.

Continue adding each roll being sure you like its placement before you glue it down.

Cut out the entire design that you have glued onto the felt.

Lastly we’ll glue it to our headband and cover the back with one last piece of felt! I buy all my 3mm Wire Headbands from Trimweaver.com You can get a dozen for $7! LOVE that!

So so simple and fun! Easy and fast and totally customizable!Just imagine the color combos! I am in love with this simple process and can’t wait to bust out some more!

Comments

What a great idea! This is super cute!

that is super cute it is something you would want to build a whole outfit around!!

michelle@somedaycrafts says:

This is darling! You are the queen of headbands!

Meredith says:

Ohhhhh how I love your blog!!!!! Thank you for this great idea! I was wondering where you got the headbands you craft on. Thanks for sharing!!!

rebecca says:

Hi Meredith…. I have a link to the headbands in this post! It's called Trimweaver.com

This is so cute. Where do you get the plain headbands?

love this! i miss that little mace dog

I just found plain wire headbands (black, silver, gold) at my local Dollar Tree (Missouri) 6 for $1! This rolled felt idea is so cute!

veronica says:

So cute! What a great way to use up left over felt scraps!

This is genius. I love it! Thanks for the tutorial; I'm bookmarkng it.

Amazing!

the Material Girls Quilts says:

So cute, you are so good! I have a huge selection of colors of wool felt at the shop. Every time you do a new post Shelby wants to make it!!
    Nadine

So beautifully graphic and I love the colors…

I love wool felt too…

Marsaili says:

I love wool! Very cute, I'll have to make some for my nieces!

That is super cute Becca. I love it!

XOOX
    Jen

SUPER – CUTE! Nothing else to say…awesome!

Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

very sweet!

Super cute!

Heather says:

This is such a cute project. Just wanted to let you know i linked up to it today. Thanks for all your great projects.

Gorgeous!!! I have to try this.

a little bit of everything says:

This is to cute and I have a couple of adult daughters who would probably love one! Very clever running it over a metal headband !
    I have become a follower of your blog and invite you to do the same…

עינת says:

thanx! i pput it on my links einatlinks.blogspot.com

Candy (Mama Lion) says:

this came out so well.

Katie's Nesting Spot says:

This kinda reminds of me of paper quilling with felt. Cute!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence says:

Becca–thanks so much for linking this up, my daughter wants to make these. Did you see the rolled paper necklace in Flea Market Style? I thought the rolled paper would be cute on a headband too.

kirstin & jordan says:

I LOVE this… Actually, I love felt in general… and what a fabulous use for it!
    If you're interested, we have a Friday Fun Find party… we'd love it if you'd link up!

Deb - Two Cheeky Monkeys says:

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure my girls will love having a headband like this. And I'll probably find myself making some for presents too!

Valerie says:

this is such a great idea! i love the texture and the swirls. gots to find me some boiled wool, now! :)

as usual, thanks for sharing. you really rock… and I am filing this at thecraftersfilebox.com!

LOVE the idea….just want to make sure i have the correct product….I have felted a few wool sweaters…Is that what I need?

Such a great tutorial. Thanks for posting! My daughters will love creating these to match their new Easter dresses.

My daughter and I are going to do this. She love headbands. I wore one for the 1st time in years the other day. To old to be wearing them, but they are too cute.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Pleas join me next week for another great party.

Lori

Michal Dagan Levison says:

This is a fantastic idea! I'm going to make one for my little girl this weekend! THANKS!

Michal

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com says:

Very unique! I'm linking up at CROQzine.com. And, you can also get metal headbands – about 6 for $1 at the Dollar Tree. Not sure how they compare in quality, but it would be worth comparing.

felt merino wool top says:

seems simple but really very nice and awesome..love this…

Chiara Handmade says:

thank you very much, is a beautiful idea and a great tutorial! I've linked in my blog!

I’m really loving the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog audience have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any ideas to help fix this issue?

This is the perfect webpage for anyone who would like to understand this topic.
    You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you
    (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic that has been written about for decades.
    Excellent stuff, just excellent!

I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this web
    site on regular basis to get updated from hottest gossip.

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent.
    I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the
    way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still
    take care of to keep it wise. I can not wait to reead far more from you.
    This is really a great web site.

It’s very effortless to find out any matter on web as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this web page.

Outstanding quest there. What occurred after?
    Thanks!

This is a topic that’s near to my heart… Thank you! Where are your contact details though?

If you want a smaller but higher quality picture then a Plasma TV
    would be a good option as these can be purchased at sizes up to 65 inches, and therefore
    still providing you with a big screen viewing experience. It would be a dream
    come true, partying with the cartoon character voted the 2nd most influential in history.
    An electronic board alerting moviegoers when their show is starting
    and when it’s time for seating for that particular show, is situated in the lounge, as is a large HDTV.

If you have a home theatre system or a pair of loudspeakers then you will want to get the best
    possible sound quality and maximum potential from your speaker
    system. (The gears in the camera that pulled the film through was technology borrowed from clockwork.

the fundamental concepts of know-how and that i guess it should
    not hassle lots of individuals even so for me
    your entire plot appeared instead forced.

The true filmaholic hears a song from the soundtrack and knows exactly where it comes
    in during the film. The style of a well used movie theater can be
    carried out using the structural arranging as part of your room.
    This film continues a trend in fashionable CSI-CIA-crime composing deficiencies in knowledge of the fundamental concepts of know-how and that i guess it should not
    hassle lots of individuals even so for me your
    entire plot appeared instead forced.