Last chance for St. Patty’s Day fun!

Well tomorrow’s the big day! I feel a wee bit guilty for not loving this holiday as much as I should so I’m trying to come up with a few things to make it special! My best friend has always been totally into this holiday and I wish I was as cool of a mom as she is.

Every year she tells her kids to be on the look out for those tricky Leprechauns! They are always out pulling pranks for St. Patrick’s day! Then after she tucks her kids in bed the night before she gets to work! She’ll dye the milk green and add green food coloring to the toilet water! She puts her kids shoes in the refrigerator and uses baby shoes to leave tiny foot prints in her entry way! Her kids eat it up!!!

So here I sit with less then 24 hours to try to come up with a few cool things I can do to win a “Mother of the year award!” I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who needs some last minute help! So here you go friends! A collection of some great ideas from the web! Thanks Martha Stewart, Family Fun and other great resources! Click the images to be taken to their original posts!

Here’s a fun game to play with the kids! I’ve tried it! I’d like to hear form you guys how dumb it made you feel!!!

Anyone for a pot of gold!!!
Holy Stinkin’ cute! I love this little guy!

These little numbers are almost too pretty to eat! ALMOST!!! And let’s be honest! Ours won’t look nearly as beautiful as Martha’s! GET IN MY BELLY!

I’m not a Corn Beef and Cabbage kind of gal but this Shepherd’s Pie might do the trick for this years holiday menu! I’m picturing the mashed potatoes turning green!

Traditional Irish Soda Bread can add an authentic taste for the Special Day!

Ok Martha! How fun is this! This is one of those “Oh why didn’t I think of that!” My kids are doing to love this one!

This happy little Shamrock Boutonniere is as cute as they come! Simply and fast and I think they would also look adorable tied to a little bag or package full of treats!

And Check out THIS SITE to down load some awesome St. Patty’s day work sheets and activities for the kids! Cross Words, Word Searched and more!

And lastly send a free E-Card to your loved ones! Check out THIS SITE for a fun selection!

HAPPY HAPPY St. Patrick’s Day Eve!!!!

Comments

Amy @ Positively Splendid says:

Love that idea to use the green peppers like shamrocks. How clever is that?! Thanks for compiling this list…I've never been very good about getting into St. Patty's Day, but this year, I'm trying to have a few ideas up my sleeve!

MelindaB says:

ok so I want to play that game but the link takes you to the pot of gold!
    The other stuff is sooo cute! I love it!

Becca @ Blue Cricket Design says:

Thanks Melinda! I fixed it!

These are some really cute ideas. I need to send this this on to a friend who loves to find fun family ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Kelli @ RTSM says:

We make Shepherd's Pie at our house quite often….and I love the idea of making the potatoes green! Thought I'm not sure my kiddos would like that or not! That pot of gold is SUPER cute too!

Jen Sue Wild says:

Fun ideas. I am definitely dying the toilet water. I am never the best mom at St pattys day either..

Belly Feathers says:

Such a cute list of ideas! I have some St. Patrick's Day treat ideas you might be interested in, too, on my Belly Feathers Party blog. One is a spin on the Martha cupcakes you featured above.

I love these ideas….but i still LOVE, LOVE, love your "Lucky You" Door 'Wreath'!!

The boutinniere idea is too cute. Too bad St. Patty's isn't on a Sunday, how fun for church!

I had to laugh when I saw your post – not because it's funny (I think it's great!), but because I posted nearly the same thing today! Looks like we head to the same places for inspiration! :) Like you, I want to make it a special day for my kids this year. I LOVE the ideas that you wrote about! I'll definitely be using a few of them tomorrow!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

~Karla @ It's The Little Things…

Lanie Ree says:

These are such awesome ideas! I love the jello pot of gold, and the green pepper shamrock.

I love the green pepper shamrocks. What cute ideas!

Feel free to stop by my blog and enter my jewelry giveaway!

The bellpeppers are so clever! I think the tiny shamrock boquet is too sweet! Bella

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend says:

Great ideas…so glad that I stopped by…Having a sleepless night in Shreveport, so thought I would blog hop….Enjoyed my stop here…

Teresa

Pati @ A Crafty Escape says:

Very cute ideas! I ended up making a Rustic Shamrock Cake!

Homemade Diva says:

I've passed along an award to you! Check it out here: http://homemadediva.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-pseudo-award.html

:o)

- Jenny (a.k.a The Homemade Diva)

Adrian's Crazy Life says:

I just never think of doing fun stuff like this, I guess because my Mom never did either, but then I see all the cute stuff other Mom's do and I feel bad.

But this year I did do one thing fun. I bought my son a KITTEN! He is so darling and we named him Shamus O'Sullivan in honor of the occasion. He's sitting next to me nibbling on my fingers as I try to type with my other hand. You'll have to pop by my blog and see some pictures.