I’m seeing BLUE!

People ask me all the time what my favorite crafting tool is and hands down it’s
PAINT!!!

Fast, affordable and the transformations are always impressive! Take for example this little before and after…

I’ve been holding onto this little spice cabinet for three years! I bought it at a Garage Sale for a whopping $1! If you can look past the scary crackle finish and dried minced onions in the window you too can see the potential I fell in love with!

Now look at her all pretty and ready for the Ball! This Cinderella Blue really makes all the difference now doesn’t it!!

I used Krylon H2O in Blue Danube River! And don’t hate but I picked it up at HONKS Dollar store! Horrible name for a store I know! I about fell over when I saw an entire end cap filled with Spray Paint! JACK POT!!! Worked like a charm!

One coat and a little sanding later to expose a little of the yellow and she was already lookin’ like a post op plastic surgery success story!

Now onto the window dressing! I cut small squares of scrapbook paper and dressed them up with numbers! A little hot glue later and we have a WINNER!!!!

I love how the crackle texture can still be scene! I love everything about her actually!

Hip hip hooray for Garage Sales!!!
Hip hip hooray for $1 Spray Paint!!!
Hip hip hooray for pretty Blue Makeovers!

Comments

I love it! I want to know what you plan on using it for? Spices still? or something totally different?

the thrifty ba says:

that is so. dang. great. i love it!

Anonymous says:

Do tell what it is being used for! I am so curious what the numbers are for. Thanks for sharing!

Pink Princess says:

It is looking cute!! ♥♥ spray paint lol ;)

asnipofgoodness says:

Oh, I love this, and good for you to see the awesome potential! The blue is fantastic, and the numbers are perfect. I have something similar (no dried onions though…haha), and now it is calling out for a face lift too! Thanks for the inspiration!

michelle says:

Soooooo cute! :)

katherinemarie says:

TERRIFIC!!!!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!

Missy Luukkonen says:

Love it! So Cute!!

I love the redo! It amazes me the potential you can see in things! I would have seen that yucky mustard crackle paint and passed that right by! pretty color! spray paint is my fav, I've never actually tried using real paint to pain anything, maybe I'll try one day! Honks was my favorite $ store in utah! I miss it dearly!

I had a dream last night that I was soliciting your blog and b-day hats to some random people at a Target check out! :)

LOVE it! Spray paint is the best!

The Boob Nazi says:

That is adorable. You are so creative.

What a great find. I love how a bit of the yellow still comes through.

I wanted to let you know that I featured your tulle corsage t-shirt on my blog. I'd love to try something similar (I'm still learning how to use my sewing machine).

Shayna Mills says:

Oh she's so dang cute, would look great in my office. :)

This makes me really excited for spring so I can go hit some yard sales. Great job!

Love this color and everything! SO brilliant!
    Bon @ Drab to Fab

That looks terrific! The numbers really add that element of "wow"..great makeover!

Happy finds all around – the cabinet the paint – everything – turned out beautiful.

You need to stop with crafty projects that even non-crafters can do! I had an excuse not to craft before and you're slowly chipping away at it! Love this one!

LaVonne says:

oh, I love it! I cannot wait until spring garage sales. I want to paint something now. You made it seem easy. (Probably won't be for me, but I will try.) Thanks for posting. :)

PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

I love it!
    What do you plan to use it for?

Racheal says:

so, so cute! I'll just start paying you to make me stuff :] But yeah, I want to know what it is being used for too?

Love the remake..Amazing how you saw blue in those crackles in the first place!

Kimbo West says:

Ive been on a blue craze lately. didn't even notice until I started organizing my fabric and the blue pile was HUGE! Love the "spice rack"

Homesick Cajun says:

I love it! Is that a pencil cactus next to it??

Becca @ Blue Cricket Design says:

Right now I have tiny barters and clip making supplies organized in each drawer! I'm using it for a decoration more so then anything! It's just so freakin' cute I had to have it on display in my living area rather then in my craft room!

Cute!

Beki - TheRustedChain says:

Oh that is so cute!!

The Pitts Family says:

Just discovered your blog and love your style. Can't wait to see some more!

The Pitts Family says:

Just discovered your blog and love your style. Can't wait to see some more!

heather says:

I LOVE this makeover (and that gorgeous color)! I have such a hard time seeing the potential in pieces. Something I have GOT to work on so I can have super cute stuff like this too!

Infarrantly Creative says:

Becca I love the turquoise! It looks awesome. LOVES spray paint!

Uncovered Ruby says:

What a great little project! I'm with you…garage sales are the best..and of course turning someone's 'junk' into a treasure is always fun.
    Lisa :-)

Kayleen says:

Call me crazy, but did we not share an apartment complex in Rexburg, Id? Carousel court?

iram fartash says:

that is just great Becca i think you should use it as a sewing accessory kit ,you know beads ,needles,cutters etc.

Nishant says:

great. i love it!
    work at home in india

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence says:

I can't believe you only paid $1 for this cabinet–so cute!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick says:

I LOVE it! The blue is so awesome!

KristinaV says:

YOu did a great job! It looks gorgeous!

I Love it!! Love love it. You are amazing Becca

Oh, this turned out great! Love that you numbered the drawers.

colorchic says:

So very nice! I have a piece of furniture I need to refinish! You've inspired me!

This is so great! I've linked to it in an upcoming post – it inspired me!

Stacey @ Fun to Craft says:

I love this. It turned out SO great!

It would be a great project to link up to my Spring has Sprung Party this Friday. Did I mention there is a giveaway too? ;)

Hoosier Homemade says:

I saw this on TidyMom when you did a guest post, love it!
    I'm visiting from Tip Junkie!
    ~Liz

Bonnie @ House of Grace says:

Hi,
    I absolutely love your blog!!! I just found you on Make it Yours Day. Great post! I am your newest follower!
    Bonnie

Katherine @ Grass Stains says:

It's adorable! I love the new color AND the numbers! Great job on the makeover for that little piece.

You are one talented lady.. I love it..

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Pleas join me next week for another great party.

Lori

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

I love the new coat of blue paint! Glad you replaced the minced onion with some cute numbers!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!

Its So Very Cheri says:

Becca,
    I LOVE IT. I love the color and the numbers.
    Cheri

I love this! Definite trash to treasure.

Don't you just wonder what some people are thinking? I love what you did with it!

Liz
    Loving This Mom Stuff

craftykat says:

I love how that turned out! If the design of something appeals enough, we can see past the paint job, can't we? :)

I really love this Becca, genius about the numbers. never would have thought of that! I've featured you on Craft Gossip today!

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
    I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info.

Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.