Wire Ribbon Rosette

Bunco comes but only once a month! It’s one of those things that I look forward to more then you’d believe! An entire night where I trade in my kids for other fabulous girls! Food, catching up and even a few rounds of Bunco…if we’re not to caught up in catching up!

We just started rotating in a Craft night into the mix and this last months get together was awesome! Of Course I came camera in hand! Free Post right!!!

Courtney came up with the perfect project for a room fun of girls! These Wire Ribbon Rosettes are super simple and quick to make!

Here’s the simple 411 on how to create a few of your own!

Take approximately 20″ of two colors of Wired Ribbon. Ribbon should be at least 1.5″ wide. Start gathering the ribbon on one of it’s edges by pulling the ribbon to the center. Pull from each end until it looks ruffled! Do this to both pieces of colored ribbon!

Next you’ll form your flower by rolling each ruffled ribbon until it looks like the photo above. You can use the extra wire to stitch it together or you can use a little hot glue to make sure it’s secure!

Lastly you’ll stack your two colors of ribbon and glue them together. Add either an Alligator clip for a hair flower or a pin for a broach!

This one has added Peacock feathers.

The skys the limit when it comes to color combos!

These adorable ones were made the same exact way but we gathered the ribbon on both sides as opposed to just the one!

Once you are done gathering both sides you’ll want to fold the ribbon in half so each wired edge is touching.

Tie a knot on one end. This will be the center of our flower and we will roll the rest around it!

Create your flower by rolling the rest of the ribbon around the center. Secure it by using hot glue every inch or so. Add your pin or Clip or glue it on Felt to cut out and them glue onto a Headband!

Thanks Courtney for a fab projects! LOVE THIS!!!!!

Comments

I have never thought to use wire for my flowers. I've always used thread and wondered why mine never stay. Thank you for your flower guide.

now I know what to do with all the wired ribbon I have been contemplating trashing! I hate it for bows, but this is do-able!

so cute! I just played around with some ribbon and it is a great, quick craft. thanks for sharing!

The Boob Nazi says:

But what if you just aren't creative at all?

Laurie Mom of 3 says:

Adorable!

The Boob Nazi, I'm not creative AT ALL but I think I could pull off this idea. Should we try together? ;) These are really, really cute. I'll have to pick up some ribbon (all the wired ribbon I have is cheesy Christmas ribbon) and show this to my older girls. I bet they'd love it!

Great project to do with my daughter! I have a bunch of hair clips that need something on them – this is perfect! Miki

PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

Oh, I love.love.love these!!

Embellished Bayou says:

Really cute! What a fun project for girls night, the possibilities are endless.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape says:

LOVE these!!! I can't wait to make them :)

Ulla-Kristiina says:

A wonderful handwork!
    Your blog is so interesting and I´m visiting here often.
    My english is so bad and that´s why I comment so seldom.

Have a nice week!!

Ben and Taryn says:

I am so going to make some of these. So freaking cute!! Thanks for sharing your craft night with all of us. Oh and I love Bunco night too :)

shari berry bo-berry says:

I Love this idea! I think it is something that I can actually DO!

thanks for sharing! oh, and i love the idea of rotating a craft night into bunco!

It looks like you guys had fun…

Thank you for this idea…my daughter was just saying she wanted some new clips and headbands…just want we needed to see.

[email protected] The Picket Fence says:

Love both of these ideas, especially the double one.

Craftify It! says:

I just made a few of those this weekend for the 1st time and was getting so excited, I wanted to go out and buy a ton of cute ribbon. I LOVE the one where you pulled BOTH sides of the ribbon! I didn't think of that one…I'll have to try it! Thank you for sharing your know how:)

genius! seriously.

so cute!

Heather@ My Frugal Family says:

Lovely!! I've often wondered about trying that, but had never gotten around to trying it!

Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

I have 3 girls, my oldest is 10. She is too big for bows and regular flowers, but she still wants a little something something. These are perfect and I think that she can even help me with them! Thanks for posting the inspiration! (ps-I to love Bunco night!) Please, stop by sometime and say hello! Love making new friends!

Way too cute! I have a baby girl after 3 handsome dudes, so I am excited to make bows just like the one you made!
    Thanks for sharing!

Tiff @ Making The World Cuter says:

Becca-these are so cute! I wish I was in your Bunco group!:)
    -Tiff