Quick!!!!!!

AHHH! Quick! Click the play button on this scary video! Could there have been a worse clip to have it freeze on! Holy Exorcist!

Click it already!!!!! AHHHHH!

So yeah…That’s my news appearance that aired last week! I really debated on posting it especially when I saw the “eyes rolled back in the back of my head” freeze frame! For reals You Tube!?! REALLY!!!! I know I don’t embarrass easily but this is just cruel and unusual!

Regardless, it was quite the adventure to get ready to tape this. I wish you could have been a fly on the wall of my house the night before!

First of all I thought I’d have two weeks or so to get ready but then I got the call saying they’d be here AT MY HOUSE at 7:30 am in two days! GULP!

I went into crazy mood right then and there! My hair! My ROOTS ! My kids need full training on how to act or I at least needed to come up with a effective threat that would scare them into submission!! What to wear! What to wear!

I frantically went on a mad hunt to find a salon that could squeeze me in with absolutely no notice! The gods must have heard my frantic plea because Robert Moody at Ulta in Sandy worked his magic on my locks the very next day! If you’re on the hunt for a fab new stylist give him a call! Oh…but not before emailing me! I have a referral card you can use for $20 off your first service! HELLO!!!! Fun stuff! He’s located in the Ulta Store across from the South Town Mall! Love Ulta! Love Robert!

So now that the hair drama was out of the way I had to clean the Casa top to bottom! Now I realize they probably weren’t going to go into my laundry room but yes it was on the list to tackle! So for two days I cleaned, freaked out, tried to keep my kids from undoing all that I just did and kept thinking I had the perfect outfit in mind so the wardrobe issue wasn’t even an issue….that was until I talked to my sister at 7pm the night before. She flat out told me “You can’t wear that!” WHAT!!!!! Yellow sweaters don’t look good late January! Now what! Here’s where I went borderline Schizophrenic! I had internal dialogs with myself that would have made the best doctors scratch their heads! It was a battle between the two little imaginary Angel and Devil sitting pierced on my shoulders! I played “fashion Show at lunch” at 10:30 at night and my poor hubs had no other choice but to compliment every single outfit I put on! If he hadn’t I’m sure I would have magically turned into a puddle on the closet floor twitching in misery surrounded by perfectly good options! And throughout all of this I kept telling myself:

“No One Cares Becca!!!!! No one cares what you wear! No one cares that you just got your hair done! No one Cares about the segment anyway! No one freakin cares! Chill out!”

So I settled on my very planned casual look that said “No one cares!” I forwent the curly hair becasue really? What mother of three has perfectly curled hair at 7:30 a.m. and I gave into the fact that I’ll probably be a 20 second blip in a segment! Totally giving in to the reality of it all surprisingly put me at ease! Almost to the point where I look way boring and dull! I’m a lot more spaztic in real life!

So weeks past and the air date finally came! I of course was anxious an questioned the outcome worried it was going to be social suicide! But I watch and was pleased with the lack of mortification! And again reality set in. That same night the lead stories were heart breakers. A local family lost two of their youngest daughters due to a tragic poisoning accident. 500 local school employees were going to be laid off due to budget issues. This was the real news! This was real life! Here I was nearly tortured by what to wear, what to say, how to hold my head to hide my double chin…And in the end I was again reminded that more important things are indeed more worthy of worry and attention!

So true to form in the end I’m a realist! As fun as it was to talk about blogging and cross my fingers for exposure and my 2 minutes of fame, I was humbled by the reminders that life is happening all around us! It put a lot into perspective for me! I love my blog! I love working hard and pouring myself into it! I love all of you who read it and send me such kind words of thanks! Honestly I LOVE it! But in the end there are so many more things in life worth celebrating and honoring and getting all worked up over!

Sorry for the small rant! Life lessons while blogging right! Thanks again for being so incredible! You will all never know how much you touch my life by simply coming to check in on my crazy adventures in creating! I’m so incredibly blessed to be connected to a community that includes all of you!!!

Thanks for listening!

Comments

The Comfort Girl says:

How exciting for you! :) You did a great job, and you looked beautiful! Congratulations!

Congrats! It was very well done!

Congrats. You looked great and comfortable!! That is so exciting!

Pink Princess says:

Very nice :)

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster says:

It turned out really nice. You did make a good outfit choice. I know on my YouTube videos my freeze frame has been hideous (way worse than yours) but we survive.
    The interview was interesting and nice to let the world know about bloggers.
    Nancy

you crack me up! loved this post. i would have responded the exact same way, and hopefully would have come to the same realization you did…hopefully!:)

you looked great, and you are real.

congrats on your blogging success, isn't it great to make some money doing something you love??

you were great!

I didn't know you were on TV. congrads!

Remodelaholic says:

You did great! We are always super critical of ourselves, but no ones else would notice.

That post was totally funny though, I am glad you lived through it, and maybe in the end you got to enjoy one extra day of a clean house and with kids that really is a reward in itself!!

Becca, you did awesome! I'm so glad you posted it, I wanted to see it!!! Love the post!

Congrats on your TV debut! You are hysterical! And shame on YouTube for that awkward paused moment! Ha!

Jaime @ Our Journey says:

You did great and I got a real kick out of all the prep work you did! Loved your green jacket by the way … mind if I ask where you got it? :o) I've been looking all fall/winter for a green jacket!!

That's great Becca–you are a natural!

hey that was awesome girl–and i SO GET everything ELSE you said after your video—so so so true–we do we torture ourselves!?

your awesome and one of the lucky ones that gets to spend time doing something that is so fun and rewarding!

Rachel Sue says:

I think you did great.

And I have to tell you: I made your sugar cookies for my RS lesson last week, and I am now the most favorite person ever in RS. I give you the credit! :)

Great job and even tugh i froz n that frame, I've seen worse.

Annie of Blue Gables says:

How funny. I didn't know we lived in the same state, until I heard the voice. It sounded like someone on 2 News, and it turned out to be Debbie Worthlin. Fun. I saw the preview, but never got to check into the actual clip. Who put it on YouTube? I'm glad you shared.
    Small World. :D
    ~a

Good job!! So much fun :o) Good advice too.

That is seriously so awesome!!! How totally fun and cool. I think we all would have been going drop crazy on hair, what to wear, our homes, etc. I sure know I would be freaking out! Fun fun fun!

you are hilarious!!! I would have been just like you and then when all was said and done felt guilty about it. Real life is always a good reminder about what is really going on. your so gracious and generous…not to mention brave to share it all with us. GO YOU!!!!

shoot…i'm signed in as my husband…this is SUPER-KATE

Congratulations Becca, you looked cool calm and collected. Yes life happens but you're part of that life too.

I think you did a wonderful job!! I live in Utah and saw this segment on the news….that is how I found your blog. =)

Loved the clip even with the sort of Exorcist screenshot intro. LOL You looked great and I love the advice to keep it real. That's definitely sage advice for all bloggers. (P.S. It was great see a screenshot of my good friend Quinn on your computer screen around 2:03 in the clip!)

Annie Bierma says:

First of all you weren't boring and neither was your outfit!

Second of all…It's probably true that you need not panic about what you wear, however I don't think you should downplay your contribution to the world or the news that night. Creative endeavors that display individual passions are just as news worthy as more concrete or even tragic news. I don't say this to be heartless, I say this because passion and inspiration are hard to find in this world. What if everyone realized the full potential of their passions and their voice? I think the world would a much MUCH better and more fulfilled place. I think your crafting AND your voice are powerful. You go girl!

Great job Becca!

Wes and Dani says:

Yay! How neat! :) And don't worry…I would've been freaking out the same way. :) And a hair dye job would've been TOTALLY necessary for me as well. :)

Ohmygoodness you are simply adorable! I'm so glad you shared this for those of us that don't live near you! :)

The Neglected Nest says:

What a great piece! Strange that out of all that great face time, they chose that freeze frame.

What a fun segment! You did such an amazing job!

You are SO CUTE!!!

I am wih Annie! Although I think she said it better than I ever could have. But it is the inspiring stories like yours that make us believe that the world is not all disasters and heartbreaks. Great job and you looked gorgeous :)

How exciting!

You are so funny! I am exactly the same way!

I think you did an awesome job and looked beautiful!

BTW – got the design back for the project and it was terrible, so sent her a bunch of suggestions and am waiting for another draft. Fingers crossed!

XOXXO
    Jen

You did great and look so cute… don't worry about the freeze frame. We all know you don't really look like that. ;)

You did a great job! It was a really interesting segment.

Congratulations, how cool is that.

You looked great! I love how your little guy smiled so big the minute you got him up! Congrats on a great segment.

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

I thought you looked great! What fun!

Your post was funny, but you did great!

Wow! That's huge! You looked and did great! :) It is kind of funny that they'd have to choose the pic of you that they did as the starting piece of the video!

Totally relate to the pre-taping freak out, but you did great! The segment was awesome and you looked fab!

Mod Podge Amy says:

B, you looked gorgeous! AWESOME JOB! xo

Becca that was a GREAT piece!!!! and you looked beautiful!!

You are SOO cute!! I found your blog from Little Momma’s blog link…and I LOVE it. I was cracking up reading your story behind your interview. Love your blog! so excited to read more..

Delighted Momma