Headbands love Ruffles too you know!

If I can’t wear Jewelry like the best of them I’ll kick it up a notch with a fun headband most of the time! It makes me feel current, together and like I’m putting in the effort to complete a look! So what if I’m 30 years old and have a baby snot snail trial on my shoulder! At least my head looks good right!?

Headbands aren’t just for Grammar School girls! Mom’s can get away with them too!

Have a go at this super easy and versatile Ruffled Headband!

What you’ll need:

• Two 20″ cut pieces of 1 1/2″ Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Straight Pins
  • Headband
  • Sewing Machine
  • Hot Glue gun and Glue

It’s simple really! Just start gathering your ribbon and making pleats being sure to pin them in place as you go!

This is how it will look when it’s been Ruffled or Pleated! Burn the edges of the ribbon with a lighter to prevent fraying.

Sew a straight stitch directly down the center!

Repeat the same thing on your second piece of ribbon but this time sew a straight stitch down the edge and not the center!

Using your Glue Gun glue the ruffled ribbon that has been sewn on the edge onto your headband. Glue it’s sewn edge down. You will want it to cascade down the side.

And lastly glue on your other ruffled piece layering it on top of the first! Glue its center down.

I love keeping it versatile! This simple design allows you to add to it. I pin on broaches that can easily be changes to match any outfit!

Can you believe I scored those beautiful Broaches for $1.99 each!!! DownEast Clearance Center comes through again! They had a huge selection of Ann Taylor and JCrew accessories all for just $1.99! They all retailed originally for$25-$40 !I bought up a huge collection and when I made this headband I knew they would be the perfect little touch!

Comments

the thrifty ba says:

that is AWESOME! im checking out the downest outlet next time im over there!

cute becca! why can't I have a down east???

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!! I wish I could wear headbands…I get a headache!!

Adorable and it helps you look chic even if you are wearing baby snot as an accessory. I really like how you left it unadorned so you can change the look to match your outfit by adding brooches. Genius!

Trudy Callan says:

Gorgeous headband.

SO cute Becca. I love it! And I can't believe you got those brooches for $1.99. They are amazing!!!

Cute cute cute!

XOXO
    Jen

This is adorable! I can't wait to try to make it!

Heather @ Brace Yourselves says:

Becca I love this headband! And I love the brooches! I need a downeast clearance center :)

Infarrantly Creative says:

I triple heart love that! I am so going to make one and will give you a big, fat squeeze on my blog when I do.

Love it! Especially with the pearly brooch. I have a little something for you on my blog http://www.alittletipsy.com

Given that I collect antique brooches, I'd say that headband is a perfect way for me to get away with wearing my Grannie Bling!

I have a ruffle foot for my sewing machine that also sews perfect pleats. I might try that with some narrower ribbon for my little girls. Cool idea!

Forget the laundry! I am making me a headband today! I have filed this at thecraftersfilebox.com.

You are, as ever, so AWESOME for sharing all of your fab ideas! Thanks!

I really need to explore this whole making head bands thing! That is so cute!!!! I love that you can switch out the broaches!

um i love this!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com says:

really cute! thanks for sharing!

This is so cute and easy and different. Which headbands do you like for not causing behind the ear pain? Thanks for linking up Becca!

simplydesigning.blogspot.com says:

I think that turned out very cute! Thanks for sharing the great tutorial!

Was that you on the Studio % a few weeks back showing these? I just found your blog from Pink Fig.

I've always loved this headband. I had to include it in my headband round-up at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com! THanks!

Prix Des Sacs Longchamps,,Acheter Longchamp Le Pliage,,Sacs Longchamps Soldes,,longchamp portefeuille homme,,Sacs Longchamps Soldes,,Sac Longchamp Pliage Pas Cher,,
    , , ,