Halter Top Revamp!

Time for another Revamp! Probably my most favorite thing to do! I take something that is perfectly wonderful and turn it into something even more perfectly wonderful!

This time I’ll be using this American Eagle Halter Top, adult size medium, that I picked up at my favorite Clearance Center “DowenEast Clearance!” It was $2.50 and in great shape!

First I cut the top off to even it out!

Then I cut it’s halter straps to use as straps for the new dress.

Next I turned the shirt inside out and stitched two new lines down the sides to create the size I needed to fit my little model! After you stitch the new seams trim off the excess fabric that you no longer need!

Pin down a new hem on the top of the dress and pin your straps on the front and back of the dress. I used a zig zag stitch to add a little detail!

I repeated the zig zag at the bottom of the dress to tie it all together!

Badda bing! Badda bang!Ten minutes later you have a brand new dress!
And all for $2.50! Gotta Love it!

**** Try taking photos of the busiest 2 year old on earth! Yikes! Wish I had better pics but alas…toddlers would rather play with a Zhu Zhu pet then strike a pose!

Comments

Very cute….I love the 2.50 price tag!! Hugs, Ingrid

Juliette Crane says:

this is adorable! thank yo so much for sharing!

Adorable. I really want to learn to sew competently! I will be there on March 5th with the Sassies. Can't wait to meet you!

I just adore your blog and LOVE crafts. I am a new follower and saw you when we both got the beautiful blogger award. I hope that you will come by my blog and follow back if you would like. I love meeting new bloggy friends. Have a good week. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

Love it Becca! She looks so cute in it too!
    XOXO
    Jen

Christy & the Boys says:

Great idea!

Infarrantly Creative says:

Now that is adorable. I love it. I would have never thought to turn that into a dress for my little one. I love that idea. You are going to have me scouring the Goodwill racks to make some sweets for my sweet.

Oh my word…so cute!! And the dress is pretty nice too :)

haha….very creative!

Diana - FreeStyleMama says:

Cute & creative!
    I am a new follower from MBC.
    Diana Rambles
    Custom Blog Designs

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

Cute, cute, cute! Great vision you had to take a halter and turn it into a cute dress for your little one.

Where exactly is this DownEast Basics Clearance Center? It sounds like a fun place to visit! ([email protected])

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Hey, I gave you an award on my blog! Come check it out when you get a chance!!!

So cute!

Very cute–kid and top :)! Thanks for sharing.

OH my goodness. This is too precious. Now if only I had a daughter to make one for….

Wonderful idea, darling model!

The Persimmon Perch says:

Very cute. I'm sure she loved it. Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Tiff @ Making The World Cuter says:

Such a cute idea! Absolutely love it!
    -Tiff