Felt Flower Pin

I recently went to a Jewelry party. There I was surrounded by beautiful necklaces and bracelets and all things sparkly and beautiful! I draped things across my neck, dangled gems near my lobes and gazed into the mirror and in the end I came to the same conclusion I do every time I try to glitz up my look and dive head first into the world of accessorizing…

I am not a jewelry person! Try as I may I just can’t do it! I’m trying! Trust me I’m trying but I still can’t pull it off like so many of you can! Layers and sparkles and bangles “Oh my!” I want so badly to make it look right on me but it rarely does. SIGH!

So to make up for my lack of fashionable “Frosting” as I like to call it, I tend to spice up my look with a fun hair accessory or playful pin I can slap on my chest to show off my personality!

Meet my latest….
My large Blooming “Hello Friends!” Felt Flower Pin! She’s large and in charge and way more “Me” then the any strand of pearls and links that I try to convince myself I could pull off!

Felt, good felt, is so fun to work with with! Vibrant colors, lush texture and bold prints! I fell hard for this Hounds Tooth and could not wait to use it!

To make a fun Felt Flower you need to gather good Wool or a.k.a. Felt! It’s sold in a wonderful variety at good fabric stores or on line. You’ll also need a needle and thread, card stock to make a pattern, scissors, glue gun and a Broach Pin piece.

First draw out petal shapes and stagger the sizes. Mine are 2.5, 2, and 1.5 “. The joy of folk art crafting is the hand drawn charm of pattern making! Nothing has to be perfect!
Free hand is wonderful!

Use your pattern to cut out 7 large pieces and 6 medium pieces. ( If you want yours smaller them my finished flower then use the medium and small petal pattern!)

Now we’ll be adding a puckered pleat to our petals. This video my 6 year old shot shows you exactly how to do this much better then me trying to type out the instructions!

Pleat each of your petals!

Now you will stitch your petals together over lapping each petal slightly and finishing your stitching to create a circle. Repeat this step with your smaller petals so you have two completed petal layers.

Next you’ll layer the two petal sections and stitch them together.

Now we need to create our center fringed section! Take a 9″x1.5″ strip of Wool.

Cut very close slits creating your fringe approximately 1″ long.

Roll up your cut strip tightly.

Stitch the roll together and tie off and trim excess thread.

Pretty huh!!

Tuck your fringed center into the center of your layered petals and stitch it securely in place!

And lastly you’ll cover the stitching with a section of felt and glue on your Broach Pin piece!

Wear it on a jacket! Slap it on a bag! Glue it on a headband! It’s pretty much adorable everywhere!

So pardon my lack of jewelry my friends! I prefer flowers!

Comments

Fantastic! What a great gift idea, too…Thanks for sharing.

Super cute! I'm not a jewelry person either.

I love this! I cannot wait to make some!

Adorable! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I'm not a jewelry person either and I always wish I were.

I'm not a jewelry person either! I don't even wear my wearing most of the time. That's bad! But I love your flower!!!

I love this!!!

cute becks! That is totally you! Be grateful you can pull off any sort of accessorizing, I can't!

Adorable, I love that you can use it on anything!!

the mama monster says:

i have that houndstooth wool too. i used it for flowers and leaves on headbands. so stinking cute.

Don't you think this would be a great Mother's Day gift?

Or made as poinsettia's for next Christmas?

I'm so just now getting into the whole felt world. I haven't found the good stuff yet….maybe that's a good thing. But I don't think so.

And I agree, that hound's tooth is gorgeous!

Trudy Callan says:

Very cute.

I'm the same way, jewelry just doesn't look right on me. I usually only wear my wedding rings and a pair of studs in my ears. I like big flowers or bows in my hair :)

those are so cute! However, I am so not a sewing person–you should make them and sell them!!! I would totally buy if they weren't way expensive :P

I'm with you, I can't really pull off much jewlery either. A pair of earrings is about it. I love this flower! It is darling!
    teri

Mama Holli says:

Love it!!! Love it!!! Did I say …Love it?
    Well I do!

so cute!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade says:

Cute patoot! Who doesn't love a good houndstooth pattern? But I do love my jewelry. My mom has a wrist full of bangles that she got when they lived in Iran. I like the way they jingle. I have a few silver bangles that I always wear.
    Also….I'm doing a giveaway on my blog. Come and over and enter!

artisticblend says:

Wow! I love it. Simply adorable. I love your tutorials by the way! ;) Thanks for sharing.

Emily Call says:

How cute is that? I love every last little bit of it… the fabrics and the fun red center!

That is really cute!

just wanted to drop you a line and let you know how cute you are and how very much I love and adore you. I am coming for BYU Womens Conference. Dinner? You, me, Reg?

Kimm at Reinvented says:

So cute! I'm really loving the look of pins, they can dress up any sweater or jacket!

Great tutorial…can't wait to give it a try.

TOO CUTE!!…..this is SO funny though…….go look at MY post yesterday….a felt flower pin tutorial! LOL http://www.tidymom.net/2010/02/how-to-felt-valentinerosette-flower-pin.html
    Great minds think alike!

New Every Morning says:

This is the best thing I've seen all week!
    I LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing the directions.
    Hugs!

Very Cute!!

I really like the pin on the denim jacket! You make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing! I've posted a link and hope you join me on my photo linky party.

honeysuckle says:

Great tutorial! So cute and versatile. I like it especially on your purse! Thanks for sharing your idea.

That is so pretty! I love how you did the middle. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com says:

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah @ Hennessey House says:

what a wonderful idea, beautiful outcome, thanks for the detailed tutorial! may have to give this a shot… :)

I LOVE this pin…certainly makes a statement. great tutorial, too

Mariella says:

bellissimo questo tutorial del fiore grazie,ciao mariella

Ensiklopedi Bocah Muslim says:

woooowwwwww…
    it's very cute…
    I love it

Dita Maulani says:

love this! thanks for sharing!

That is a good tip particularly to those fresh
    to the blogosphere. Short but very precise information…
    Thank you for sharing this one. A must read post!

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for sweet sultan

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really helpful
    & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present something back and aid
    others such as you aided me.

These creams have ingredients that keep your skin hydrated and diminish the appearance of lines gradually.

Skin care professionals everywhere all agree that people
    should begin using anti-wrinkle cream as
    early as in their 20s. Finally, De – Lucia said many supermarkets
    don’t properly store eggs.

Always take the time to read a number of sites to compare and contrast ratings and watch for sponsored ratings which could be biased.
    Noticeable improvement of skin texture ‘ no visible pores.
    Often Hydroxatone could help take ages from a person’s visual appeal
    if part of numerous fundamental principles regarding dermal firming as well as toning.

Since the problem is not properly solved it leads to major problems in the future.
    Offering emergency plumbers, gas installations
    & general plumbing repairs. Winter Vacations: If you
    take winter vacations, it is vital that you take measures to prevent your plumbing
    pipes from freezing and bursting while you are away.

I enjoyed reading through your website, that is why i decided
    to leave a comment in your guestbook. Great work! Keep it up.

Vancouver, BC is flooded with lots of roof repair
    contractors, which are having great reputation and firm’s image in the public eye due to their superior quality roof repair services.

These are some of the many reasons why homeowners should pay attention to proper roofing.

Points to take into account when purchasing recycled bathroom items:.

I do trust all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post.
    They’re really convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are too brief for newbies.

May just you please lengthen them a little from next time?
    Thank you for the post.

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?

Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will
    be waiting for your further post thhank you once again.

If you are seriously injured in an auto accident there are many things that are taken into
    consideration. A driver can be impaired even if alcohol is
    not the drug which includes impeded the decision making of
    the individual. If you are sure and you have made up your mind that you are going to
    plead not guilty but the lawyer has their mind set on a
    plea bargain, that is not the right lawyer to handle your case.

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am inspired!
    Very helpful info specifically the ultimate part :) I take care of such information much.

I was seeking this certain info for a very long time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

My brother recommended I may like this web site. He was once entirely right.
    This publish actually made my day. You can not consider
    simply how much time I had spent for this information!
    Thank you!

Jodi Benson, who’s the voice of Ariel from ‘The Little Mermaid,’ was in the movie as the receptionist at Robert’s office.

Nobody can deny that you poked your head through that little hole, and she
    owes you a kiss. For example, they thought that Chris Nolan’s “obvious” choice for the final main villain against
    Batman in his trilogy was the Riddler.

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who has been conducting a little homework
    on this. And he in fact ordered me dinner simply because I found it for him…
    lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this
    matter here on your web page.

Your style is really unique in comparison to other people I’ve read
    stuff from. Thank yoou for posting when you’ve
    got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark this page.

Because the scanning and detecting engine may bbe the core technology of your
    driver program. It is recommended that put it into practice this wayy since you aree downloading
    the entire install package and this will have all the resources it must
    properly improve your system. This iis always to prevent the machine from more driver-related problems or maybe a system
    crash.

For most recent information you have to pay a visit world wide
    web and on internet I found this web site as a best web page for hottest updates.

For years, I placed sunflower seeds and salt. Long-term results: As long as you like
    the Optifast or the older crowd just because you want the same time.
    This will help in weight loss diet program it is how to buy diet pills online Hoodia.
    Do that by means of having excess weight within a short
    period of time. Simeon’s list of permitted foods. When you how to buy
    diet pills online are doing. Do you want to do this program.

After I originally commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added
    I receive four emails with the same comment.
    Perhaps there is a means you are able to remove me from
    that service? Appreciate it!

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to
    protect against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any
    tips?

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
    I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more
    of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

I constantly emailed this wweb site post page to all my contacts, since if like to
    read it next my friends will too.

certainly like your website however you need
    to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts.

Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it
    very troublesome to tell the truth on the other hand I will surely come back again.

You can adopt their styles to suit yours; this is
    one of the best ways to determine the right fashion for you.
    Bourne’s President, Thomas Mc – Claskie, always uses
    his creative imagery to make trendy shoes for men. The Fashion Industry is
    totally focused on how people look and larger people do not figure on mainstream fashion’s radar.

1. [...] adım yapılışı burada ister çantana ister yakana taka yapımı kolay bir [...]