Bestest Sugars Cookies EVER!!! EVER!!!

Ok…So you know when you find the best recipe EVER and inside your head you hear a sneaky little voice that says

“Ooh!!!! You should never ever ever in a million years share this recipe with a single soul because then you can be the queen of (fill in the blank) making and everyone will think you’re fabulous and envy your baking skills and wish they were you!”

Well…this is one of those recipes but I told that sneaky little voice to hit the road!

This here Sugar Cookie recipe is the BEST! My dear friend Aspen shared this with me 4 years ago and ever since I’ve been so loyal to it I can’t bare to try another! They are moist and Soft and the perfect dough for any holiday! Cookie Cutters turn them into the perfect Halloween Bats! Best Ever Spring time Flower and of course the best heart shaped Valentine treat!

Best Ever Sugar Cookie

Blend together until smooth:

1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup melted Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 eggs
1 Cup Sour Cream

Combined in separate bowl:

5 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

• Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined.
  • Make a ball out of the dough and wrap in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge 2-3 hours or until firm. Over night works well too.
  • Once dough is firm roll out a portion of the dough onto a floured surface. You want the dough thick. I roll mine out to be about 1/3″ thick!
  • Cut with cookie cutters and place on greases cookie sheet.
  • Back at 375 for 10-12 min. You don’t want them golden brown. They will be the same shade as the uncooked dough.

To make the perfect glossy and smooth frosting simply warm in your Microwave a can of Strawberry Frosting for about 30 seconds. Stir it and warm it longer until it’s soupy. Dip your cooled cookies face down into the frosting and let the excess frosting drip off. Add Sprinkles right away so they can stick well. When the frosting cools it dries smooth!

My girls have been saving their money to buy their first pet! I told them if they could save half we’d go pick out their frogs! So guess who set up shop and sold these bad boys?

40 minutes and $23 dollars later they were picking out names for the Frogs that would soon be joining the family! Not too shabby for one batch of Cookies!

Meet Sally and Coco! I’m the farthest thing from a pet person! But these sweet little Frogs were hard to resist. You only feed them twice a week and clean their tank twice a year! I can handle that! If you’re looking for a low key pet be sure to check them out at Brookstone. It’s called a Frog-O-Sphere! Funny huh! They come complete with a years worth of food and already in their tank swimming around. Doesn’t get easier then that!

My girls are in heaven… This should buy me a year or so of them asking for a puppy right!

Comments

Lynn from For Love or Funny says:

I can't wait to try these! But I don't think I'll sell them for froggies!

joliesjunebugboutique says:

Oh My goodness! I have this same recipe, with tiny alterations! I made them yesterday too! Your frosting looks alot better than mine!

Instead of the 1 cup of butter, we use 1 cup of crisco. 2tsp baking powder and 1tsp baking soda and no salt!

SO SO SO YUMMY!

Now I really want to try the recipe your way!

Thanks so much for sharing! I was thinking of making sugar cookies to send to my two kids off at college and this is just the ticket!
    Glad your girls had so much fun!

Mod Podge Amy says:

How cute are your two? So fun! xo

They look soooo yummy and prettty!!!!

And your sale girls are adorable!! :)

Lucky frogs…

MadeInCanarias says:

Those cookies look so so delicious! And frogs cute!

I just made sugar cookies yesterday, but yours looks so good, i may have to try those too!!

Cute froggies! I had some frogs like that when I was little! The girls look so cute at their cookie stand! Thanks for sharing the coveted recipe, I've been looking for a good sugar cookie recipe!

Can't wait to try those cookies-yummy!! I saw those frogs at Brookstone before Christmas-a little voice inside my head said you would get the best mom award for getting that for the girls for Christmas-but I just can't do another pet right now-they are adorable!!

Looking forward to trying these out! Great tip on the icing. The cookie/froggy stand made me laugh!

thanks for sharing the recipe, those cookies look so yummy! Your girls and that sign are so cute – no wonder they raised all that money.

Oh how cute, a cookie sale to raise money for a frog. Your girls are so sweet and those cookies look so yummy.

Mama Thompson says:

This recipe sounds similar to one my aunt gave me…totally delicious…I think it's the sour cream:) Thanks for sharing…can't wait to try this one:)

How cute! Yay for them for raising enough!

I might have to try those, Im thinking about making cookies for DD's 1st birthday.

These look divine! I have been trying to find a new sugar cookie recipe and this looks likes just the one! thanks for sharing!

Thanks Becca! BTW…do you use unsalted butter or salted? Or does it not matter? Going to try to make them for a superbowl treat today! ;)

WOW I've used sour cream in cakes but never in cookies!! this recipes sounds AWESOME!! Thanks!!

~TidyMom

your girls looks like they had so much fun!!

Thank you for the recipe! That's why I love sites like recipezaar, because you can find things that other people have tried and love! I always love to get a recommendation for a recipe. :)

Also, those frogs are so cute! I had never heard of a frog-o-sphere, but it sounds so ideal.

I will be trying these for sure – I have been on a quest for the perfect sugar cookie recipe! The cookie stand is adorable(and so are the salesladies).

Can't wait to try these cookies, they look so good. We have the same froggies at our house. The girls love them. They are pretty entertaining to watch. I love when they look like they are standing on their hind legs..hysterical.

Beautifully Inspired says:

YUM! I can't wait to try your cookie recipe! What a cute story!!! and such creative frog names! :)

Nicole

Thanks for this!! I have been looking for a good recipe for years!! Can't wait to try 'em.

Great, now I am craving sugar cookies! lol They look great and congrats on their new pet!

That is awesome!!! I would have totally bought one to help them earn 2 frogs. I love this idea. And Mmmm those cookies look fabulous. It is making me want to go make some RIGHT NOW

TappinTamara says:

yummy, I'll buy 2 please! LOL! I'll definitely be trying these out next weekend.

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama says:

Hmmmm…I love sugar cookies! I will try your recipe when I get home! Yummers! And the frogs are cute! I have been wanting to get one for my son.

FINALLY an answer to my frosting frustration. I am soooo super glad you shared the tub frosting melted tip. You have no idea…. So glad.

This recipe is for sure in my recipe file. I've been working on a chocolate chip cookie recipe and I'm bored. I'm ready to try something new!

Personally I like the frog that you drew way better than the live ones. You know, that would be a cute sortie. In case you had some time on your hands.

Hanneke Nelson says:

With that kind of advertising, how can I not try these at home now? And you have some very cute sales ladies!

Beth- the mama bee says:

I thought I had the best sugar cookie recipe. I may need to try these… for research purposes!

I am so excited to try these cookies! I love a good sugar cookie..especially when they stay soft! YUM! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel Sue says:

$23? Not too shabby! My girls have been earning money to help pay for dance classes. We may just have to take a page out of your book!

Really cute!! I am sure the girls were very effective salespersons.:)

i don't know which i want more … frogs or cookies

I've been on the hunt for the best sugar cookie recipe and I have been disapointed by al of them. I'm def. picky when it comes to them but I'm totally going to try this one!

someone once told my daughter that if she wanted a kitten/puppy start out asking for a pony… she did! good luck with the pets thing.
    we started out with fish, (can't interact enough) hermet crabs (don't like their scratcing on the glass mum), guinea pigs (cute and can cuddle but…), puppy (yeay) then kittens (double yeay) and now have two cats and one dog all loved and spoiled.

We got the same thing for Christmas (Mario and Luigi)… :)

They are fun…but they dont' seem very happy. I'm worried they are hungry in between feedings.

And…feed them when they are apart. If you feed them when they are close, they fight over food and one will eat them both. So I drop a pellet in front of each of them when they are apart so they can't fight over food.

They are fun to watch. I have them on the counter in front of the sink so the kids can play with them from one side and I can look at them while I'm cleaning dishes.

Have fun!

When I saw this post I was wondering if it was the same recipe that I have and refer to as the "Bestest Sugar Cookies Ever!" and sure enough it is! They are so GOOD!!!! And I totally understand that moment of thinking about never sharing a recipe, ever! But then someone ask for it and I can never say no. :)

Six Kinds of Crazy says:

These look awesome. I have to make Valentine cookies for first grade this week, and these look perfect.

I love that you made them earn the money for their frogs. And what a yummt treat to sell! They look tasty!

I'm always on the lookout for a great sugar cookie recipe! I will definitely give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!!!!

i actually made this recipe and they are awesome! I think one of my co-workers literally ate 7 of them in a row…

CraftSewCreate says:

Can't wait to try the cookies! I'm always looking for the perfect sugar cookie recipe.
    And LOL about the frogs! I got my daughter the EXACT frogs for Christmas. My kids are dying for a dog but we just can't do it right now. So, I figured the frogs would be nice and low maintenance. They are funny little creatures.

Thanks for ignoring the little voice inside to save the recipe for yourself and sharing with the rest of us. Our cookies are made and ready for the school party! I love your site!

kirstin & jordan says:

I LOVE sugar cookies… I feel like they are perfect for every occasion!
    We'll definitely be linking!

The Ransacking Renovator says:

I made these cookies this morning with my 6 year old daughter. I have to agree…these are the BEST ever! And SO easy to make! Of course, my husband complained that he had to wait for the dough to be refridgerated…oh well, it was well worth it! Thanks for sharing!!

Kim

Made these cookies yesterday, and my family gobbled them all up! Ahh, they were going to be for V-day gift bags for the teachers. I just put some more in my oven 2 mins ago! Hopefully, these will make it to the teachers…I may have to hide them! Delicious!!!

Nicole Ross says:

I just pulled these cookies out of the oven and then frosted them. Oh. My. Gosh. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It is so yummy. I love all kinds of sugar cookie recipes but I have one rule, they have to be soft, not crunchy. These fit the bill! Thanks for sharing.
    Nicole

Guess what, I just made these. They are SO good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. It's one to keep, for sure.

I made these yesterday for Valentine gift plates and I was so happy to finally have a great sugar cookie recipe. They were beautiful and tasted awesome. One of my neighbors said they looked like they were professionally done. I think my family is tired of hearing Mommy say, "Nailed the sugar cookie recipe this weekend I'm so happy". Thank you so much!

Pink Martini says:

Always love finding a new site and cookie recipe! :)

pongrac15563 says:

I amde these cookies around Valentines Day and they were the BOMB!!! Soooo yummy! I had severe issues with them though…I couldn't stop at just one and neither could my husband! Thanks for sharing it with me!!

1. […] on my busy to-do list. And I surely didn’t need another thing on my to-do. I tried out this recipe for soft sugar cookies…and they turned out VERY soft. But I had to bake them for less time […]