Uncle J’s Sac Town Ribs!

Our Sacramento Trip resulted in a lot more then just Sisterly Creativity! The Men Folk also joined in and created a few memorable creations of their own… Ok! So maybe one did! My Bro-In Law Jason treated us to mouthwatering Ribs that were so worthy of replicated they made it onto our Christmas Dinner Menu! You know they have to be pretty darn amazing if I have to make them again in less then a weeks time!
Dry Rub Ribs

Ingredients

1 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine Dry Rub Ingredients in a bowl. Prep your Rack of Pork Ribs. Place each Rack onto a sheet of Aluminum Foil.

Rub your Dry rub onto each Rack covering both sides!

Next add a Top Sheet of Aluminum Foil to each Rack! Tightly fold each edge to create a Pouch!

Now you’ll want to place each Rack of Ribs onto a Cookie sheet and throw them into the Refrigerator over night for a little Marinating Magic to occur!

The next day as you grab your milk for your A.M. Cereal you’ll get that Christmas Morning Feeling when you’re greeted by silvery pouched of LOVE!!!

Bake your Ribs at 220 for at least 5 hours! Your house will smell incredible! Feel free to slather on some BBQ sauce after baking but I strongly recommend tossing them on the old Barbi and grilling them for about 10 minutes! It gives them a slight caramelization only prolongs your agony for a few more minutes but it’s well worth the tourtute!

Ok…stop licking your Computer Screen! Your kids are getting frightened!

Thanks Jay Bird! These were such a hit we sent left overs home with Josh from Christmas Dinner and someone stole them from his office Fridge! They are so freakin’ awesome people are willing to lower their moral standards just to get their hands on them!

Comments

Lois Grebowski says:

:: thud! ::

They look So. Darn. Delicious

:: bookmark ::

Drew&Samsmom says:

those look AMAZING – my husband loves ribs!!! i may have to make these tonight – if i can brave the snow!

MadeInCanarias says:

Wow, that looks delicious!

Oh my gosh- these look amazing.
    Thank you for sharing such a great family recipe.
    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura

Those look delicious! I want to make them for the cowboy game tonight. I hope they turn out the same with less marinating time. Thanks for the recipe.

I have been searching for THE best rib recipe! This looks like it could the it! Thanks so much for posting it and the pics. I have bookmarked it to try it really soon.

Those look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants says:

Yum! Gotta love ribs!

I woke up obscenely early this Saturday morning. I had plans to bypass the morning entirely and greet the day much closer to lunch. Didn't happen. Why? Because my hungry tummy woke me up.

After two hours of denying that I was indeed awake, I clicked my phone on and surfed here. The BCD is my ritual wake up treat. And what do I get for my loyalty? MORE HUNGER!

Considering I don't eat red meat, my vastly increased hunger level after this post is a testament to your descriptor words and appealing photos.

Also? Has Mint Oreos always been in your banner?!? I just this minute noticed that!

More food teasers.

I'd better leave the BCD before I eat my phone.

Bird learning to fly... says:

Becca,

These are scrumptious!!!! I love ribs, but mine has a lot more ingredients…I'll have to try yours, 'cause I am salivating right now :)

Looks awesome! Lucky you were able to go to Sacramento. I was born and raised there but now live in Utah.

I nominated you for an award. Check it out here: http://babblingsfrombrooke.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-first-award.html

Gosh, that looks sooooo delicious!! I just have to try that sometime very soon.

our family has used this recipe for years and we LOVE it!! but beware, you can never get ribs out at a restaurant again, they just pale in comparison!!! we let ours marinate in the rub for at least two days, and the longer and lower you cook it the better.!!

I was looking for a rib recipe that was cooked in the oven. This one sounds easy and delicious.

Mommyof2girlz says:

Those look amazing, I am such a huge rib fan! Glad you had a good trip to Sac..it's my home town :)

Those look delicious! Ive been craving ribs, but its been in the 30s here. Too cold to use the smoker!

Looks amazing! We live in Germany and our German neighbors have been teaching me how to cook traditional German meals. I asked them if there is a traditional American dish they'd like me to make … they said "BBQ Ribs"! I'll try this one out and let you know if this recipe makes its way over the ocean!

Orange Peanut says:

Those ribs look pretty amazing! I hope you enjoyed your time in Sac. We love it up here!