Sweater Revamp

Man I love a good revamp! This latest sweater makeover is a new personal favorite! I took these two Items…

And turned then into this…

LOVE IT!!!!!

So I picked up this American Eagle Sweater from my favorite discount store, DownEast Clearance Center! This store sells a Hodge Podge of Pottery Barn, William Sonoma, Red Envelope, Down East, J Crew, American Eagle and other Brands. The inventory is slightly damaged, monogrammed or scratch and dent! It’s a dream come true for someone like me who loves to turn otherwise unusable Quality Items into Original creations.

Anyway… I picked up this sweater that had a small hole in it for $2.50! For weeks I held onto it just waiting for an idea to pop into my head!

That idea finally came when I scored this little lovely while pillaging a bag of cloths my sister was going to toss! STOP THE PRESS!!!! What a find! (For sure she hates that she parted with such a gem NOW! Sorry Boopers!)

I cut out it’s beautiful and intricate details and started to arrange them on my sweater being sure to cover the hole!

Using as much of it as I could I even liked the look of reusing it’s buttons. I later decided against using all of them because of where they laid on my body once it was all put together! Let’s just say it could have been offensive if you know what I mean!

I pinned the appliques on and Zig Zag Stitched them on!

Ba-da Bing! Ba-da Bang! A brand new “Anthropology-esk” Sweater! I know we aren’t suppose to love things as much as I do this Sweater but I just can’t help myself! I HEART her!!!!

Comments

I can see the reason for the love! Great Job!!!

Lynn from For Love or Funny says:

This is brilliant! It's good to be reminded of how we can update things we might throw away… particularly today. I'll be a little more careful about the stuff I toss out of my closet as I get ready for 2010!

That new sweater is amazing! Beautiful! Some day I hope to be as talented. =)

Missy Luukkonen says:

What a great Idea, and that sweater turned out great!!!! Love it!

Missy

Wow!!! This is fantastic! What a great find, I wish I had a shirt I could do this with!

VERY VERY COOL! I think that I will look at my sweaters in a new way now! : )

The Painted Home says:

omg! love!

Thats brilliant, I wish I had your creativity, I shall try harder in 2010!

Nice! I'm going to have to re-think the items I have boxed to donate now!

Heather@PixieDust says:

wow – you have a fantastic eye, that sweater is gorgeous!

Now Becca, that's just darn clever and cute as can be!!!
    I love it. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Now Becca, that's just darn clever and cute as can be!!!
    I love it. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

The Weathered Cottage says:

ahhh! that is adorable! you must live near provo or I.F. I LOVE downeast, the home part especially!

Jared and Kalleen says:

Wow, I love it. I hope I can copy you with something of my own.

Amy@TheLemonCottage says:

Wow. You are so clever. I love the color combination, the contrast. OH, so cute!
    Let me go and get that bag of goodies I just can't part with…I'll box them up and send them to you to revamp. LOL

~Amy

Great job! I love it and you did a fantastic job of showing us how you did it.

I say love it as much as you want to – it looks fabulous!!

Laura Gerencser says:

That sweater is awesome!!!

Adventures in Dressmaking says:

OMG this is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen!!!! I am so inspired! I love the yellow and grey combo, too. Who knew that blouse was destined for Anthropologie style. I am jealous of your thrift store too, sounds fabulous!

yep. this is one of my favorite becca creations. hands down.

a little bit vintage says:

Loving the sweater! SO cute!

Happy New Year!

rachel

So pretty. Love the upcycling.

It's darling and it looks good on you too! Very creative designing!

just_me_tiff says:

amazing! I love it

WOW! Seriously. . . WOW! I don't know how to even express how amazed I am by this. I'm in love with it and I don't even own it! :)

That looks great Becca…I love it!!

Oh for the love! this is where we are different. I pay the jcrew price all the time while you spend 2 bucks! Brilliant on your part. don't tell my hubby!

Morph This says:

lovin on it! glad you got some use out of that shirt.. and i'm not mad you took it.

All I can say is WOW!

OMG, that sweater is GORG. I seriously covet.

And I was lol'ing at the almost-unfortunate button placement. ;)

Kari @ Ucreate says:

K, I want this sweater!!!

very nice!

casserole says:

Awesome!! I got some extra eyelet trim from my sister, and now I know what to do with it.

I featured your project on Craft Gossip Sewing:

–Anne

design_aholic says:

I LOVE this! I wish I knew how to use my sewing machine… :(

this blessed nest says:

very anthro!!! i bet your sweater will become m.i.a. soon. when your sister wants to claim her shirt back. :)
    super cute.
    happy new year!
    kellie

This is too cute!! I think I'm going to go look through my "donate" boxes and see what I can come up with! Always looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Funky Junk Interiors says:

How sweet! And you make it look good too I might add. :)

Thanks for linking up to SNS!

Fj Donna

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood says:

Very cool and fun, too! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

Catherine [email protected] says:

Great job! It looks terrific! I'm a big sweater nut too – but have been brave enough to wear any creations yet!

Sarah @ Hennessey House says:

what a great eye you must have, to look at the one shirt and think to incorporate the floral pattern into the yellow sweater. it turned out awesome :)

shari berry bo-berry says:

at first glance I wasn't so sure about this…but then I remembered that I just bought a sweater a couple months ago at Gap and wore it once and then washed it and now it has a small hole in it, making me so mad that i only got to wear it once! But now after reading this post and thinking "hey, I could do that!" i am determined to find something like this to cover up the hole and revamp the sweater! thanks for sharing!

Hi Becca! Cute project! I am featuring it on my Friday Favorites and linking to you. Love it!

XOXO
    Jen

ClassiclyAmber says:

That is FAB!! I just tried doing something similar with a regular plain shirt from Goodwill. It's so much fun to customize your clothes! Great work~! =-D

Its So Very Cheri says:

I LOVE it–the color combination is gorgeous. Wish I had a store like that near me.

Cheri

Its So Very Cheri says:

You've been featured. Go check it out.

Cheri

It's divine! Great finds, m'dear.

what a great way to re fashion something!!! very pretty

Fantastic job!! Sweater looks great.

Beautiful! You have a great sweater, and a great eye for a super finish.

The sweater is beautiful!!! Love the yellow in the winter. Good for you for upcycling. Thanks for sharing.

amylouwho says:

amazing! love it.

Busy Little Quilter says:

I don't blame you for loving it so much. It's beautiful!

Too cute! You did a great job! ;o)

Who is Pin Dot? says:

I *heart* your sweater, too.

- Brittany says:

Love this idea. I've been trying to revamp some old sweaters I never wear. Have you seen GrosgrainFab's month of sweater embellishments? Love some of those ideas too.

Thanks for sharing.
    Brittany

Very cute, great color combo! So jealous of your Downeast Clearance center. Our PB outlet used to have bins of what you describe, sometimes perfectly good items, just catalog returns, for CHEAP! Not so much any more and pricing not much lower than regular retail. Boo hiss, Susanne.

This one is super cute as well! I’ve got some odd pieces in my stash I’ve kept because of the pretty embroidery on them, they might finally get to come out of the dark using this idea!

You can love it all you want! It looks awesome!!!! :)

New follower!
    Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

ooh yeah very good! love it!

This is adorable! I’ve added you to my blogroll at http://www.alovelyplacetoland.com!

Wow, this article is nice, my sister is analyzing these things, so I am going to convey her.

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote ann extremely long comment but after I
    clicked submit my comment didn’t show up.
    Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyway,
    just wanted to say fantastic blog!

1. [...] -  Blue cricket design GA_googleFillSlot("468x60_manualidadeson"); [...]