Home Depot here we come!

Wanna make something Pretty!!!!??? I always aim to please!
Check out these Puppies!
I know what you’re thinking…
“I want that!”

I saw these on The Small Object after searching her archives. I’m a pretty good judge of character and knew right off the bat that she was all kinds of wonderful. Once again I was right!This project Rocks! It’s a May 2005 work of art if you ask me!

You need three things…

• Washers from Home Depot. And I warn you! You will get that “Damsel in Distress” look from the sales guy when he asks you what size you need and what you’re using them for! I avoided answering. Pretty Sure Orange Aproned Men don’t like to hear their department is a new hit with house wives across America for gathering jewelry supplies! I used 3/8th, 5 /16th and the next smallest size.
  • Ribbon! Any color your heart desires! I used 5/8″ Satin. And when it comes to cutting a length follow this motto: “Longer is better! Longer is Better!” I would cut at least 60″. You’d be surprised how much ribbon is used in the weaving process! You’ll want plenty of slack on each end so you can tie it off in a bow!I found this out the hard way!
  • A Calm Zen Like mood! Trust me… you’ll read, and stare at these photos and still wonder if you’re doing it right! This one is a wee bit difficult to explain!
Ok… let’s get on with it! Don’t worry… I’m nervous too!

First you will want to lay out your washers. I did two versions one that had a growing Pattern…
6 small
6 medium
6 large washers.

The next one I did:
4 small
5 medium
7 large
5 medium
4 small

Take your first washer and string it onto your ribbon like the photo illustrates. Be sure to leave plenty of slack on the end.

You are going to go up the center of the first washer, over the top of the next and down it’s middle lacing the ribbon back through the center of the first washer.

Pull it tight and it should look like this.

Now we keep repeating the steps…

Take the ribbon up the center of washer on top, over the top of the next and down it’s middle lacing the ribbon back through the center of the washer before it. Can you see what I mean in the picture? Here’s a different angel. Notice the ribbon and see if you can follow the pattern.

Keep following the steps until you finish your washer pattern.

Tighten the ribbon and tie off the first and last washer with its long ribbon. Burn the ribbon edges to prevent fraying.

Once you get the hang of it they are pretty easy to make! I know it seems complicated! Just re read and study the photos! That’s what I had to do! And feeling dumb is completely normal! I’m pretty used to the feeling so I just rolled with it! And there’s nothing like conquering a tricky tutorial! I feel like I can do ANYTHING!!!!

Comments

That is so cute.

Those are great! Can't wait to try this one.

Oh that looks so cute and easy!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage says:

Oh so cool!! Thanks!

Very cute! I'll have to try it then feature your tutorial on my blog!

the thrifty ba says:

im so making this for my sisters bday-thank you!

Cute! I needed a project for today…guess what I'll be working on? And my husband just so happens to have a large baggie of those laying around in the garage!

springrose says:

If you go to somewhere like Pacific Steel (this is in my area) they are so much cheaper on washers then Home Depot or Lowes. I have bought a lot of washers for about 3 or 4 dollars and it would have been 15 or 20 at one of the other stores. And they don't get many women in there so they are always very helpful and nice!! You should see if there is a place like that in your area and save yourslef even more $!

Very cute! I wonder how they would look if they are painted or decoupage! :)
    Martha

Stephanie says:

Wow Becca, that is a cool idea! I couldn't even tell it was made out of washers until I read the post. Very chic and stylin! Love it!

Stephanie

Sometimes I think I enjoy HD more than my husband. LOVE this!

FABULOUS!!! Seriously. Oh, Ilove a fun new idea like this.

One Cheap B*tch says:

Who knew washers could be so fashionable! =)

peace.love.applesauce says:

Love this idea!!

Ben and Taryn says:

Love it! I have a sister who would look amazing with one of these around her neck. Thanks!

So fun!

What a cute idea! I love that and can't wait to try it!

Amanda K
    everycraftyendeavor.blogspot.com

I'm thinking this could make a cute belt with larger washers…

Hey Becca, just wanted to tell you how much i enjoy your blog. just discovered you before the holidays and have read it every day since! ;) keep smiling! Kym

That turned out really cute!

Infarrantly Creative says:

Darling! Talk about easy peasy mac n cheesy. I am going to have to do that for some quick and easy gifts to have around the house for the "oops I forgot her birthday" present.

as if going to HD wasn't fun enough already! now I have more stuff to buy at HD and I actually get to wear it – YEAH!!!!

hotpants™ says:

I'm not crafty, but my girlfriends are. I hinted for them to make me one for my birthday. Love this idea!

michelle@somedaycrafts says:

Those are so cool! Love it!

The Persimmon Perch says:

I have seen this before somewhere and have been extremely tempted. Have you worn it? I am afraid it will be too heavy. Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

artisticblend says:

Very nice! I can't wait to give this a try! Thanks for sharing.

LOVE!!!!! I am sharing this tomorrow! Thanks for sharing with me!
    -Tiff

pk @ Room Remix says:

What a fun idea! I turned out cute.

De Javu Crafts says:

i will def have to scrounge some of these up…ill start in my husbands tool boxs in the garage…To cute!!thanks for sharing!

This is so exciting! My husband works at a tool store, so I "ordered" some washers from him. I am excited for something crafty to do since we are going to be snowed in this weekend!

::cottageinstincts:: says:

Woot girl! Love this toooooo.

Wow! This is great looking. I'm going to make one but spray paint the washers gold, cause I'm a gold kind of girl! When I do I'll post pictures and a link back on my new blog. Come check it out!

Thanks for the tutorial! I made one with silver washers and red ribbon and will post a picture on my blog this week. With a link here of course, to your fabulous tute. Thanks for all the pictures.

Jessie and Kyle says:

Just made mine! I absolutely love it!! Thanks so much!

These are darling! I just bought washers too!

pushdontpull says:

OH MY GOSH! I don't even remember how many twists I took down the rabbit hole to get to your blog, but this is one of my favorite projects I have ever come across! I work in the outside lawn and garden department at Lowe's (don't worry, I'm not mad you were at Home Depot hehe) and I would absolutely LOVE to wear this jewelry that I made FROM work, AT work!

Thanks for sharing!

Dang, girl, you rock!!! This is awesome and very creative!

The Beading Gem says:

Very pretty! It's hard to believe those were just washers! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Will link in a future blog post.

I found your tutorial through Oopsey Daisy…and I used it to make a necklace for my sister for Christmas! Thanks so much for the tutorial…I linked to you in my post :)

concretenprimroses says:

I'm eager to try it!
    Kathy

thanks for your detailed tutorial! once i enlarged the pictures and read over the steps a few times, i was really plesed with how mine turned out. i did get ‘the look’ from mr. home depot, though :). i linked back @ you from my blog.

What’s your idea of beauty and how does it compare to society?

Amazing! Τhis blog looks just likе my old onе!
    It’s on a completely Ԁifferent topic bսt it has pretty mսch the sake laqyout aոd
    design. Excellent choice օf colors!

It’s appropriate time to make a few plans for the long run
    and it is time to be happy. I’ve learn this post and if I
    could I wish to recommend you some interesting issues or advice.
    Perhaps you could wrife next articles regarding
    this article. I want to learn more things approximately it!

Nice weblog here! Additionally your site rather a lot up fast!
    What web host are you the usage of? Can I get your affiliate link in your host?
    I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

This web site certainly hass all thhe info I wanted about this
    subject and didn’t know who too ask.

I usually do not write a comment, however I browsed some comments on Home Depot here wee come!
    | Blue Cricket Design. I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright.
    Is it just me or do a few off these comments come across like they are left by brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are writing on additional sites, I would
    like to follow anything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list off all of your social
    community sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

As the admin of this web site is working, no doubt very rapidly it will
    be famous, due to its quality contents.

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that
    it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels.
    I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Many
    people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

確かに元の目が小さい人やすっぴんや薄化粧だとディファインバレやすい。ディファインの中ではグラデになってるナチュラルシャインが一番自然に思った。
    黒目は目の奥にあるのに、カラコンは手前に浮いているから怖い
    たぶん100年後の人から見れば歯ブラシとかコンタクトとか謎道具になってると思う

They’re just fire confirmation tiles and in addition carry a gopod rating ffor any exact same.
    In this article, let’s take a look at thee cost and potential
    savings associated with dooing a coplete shingle tear-off and reinstall, oor
    just a shingle overlay. 3) What kind of customer guarantee does the home improvement company give.

For latest news you have to pay a visit world-wide-web and on web I found this
    web site as a most excellent web site for latest updates.

What’s up, everything is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s really good, keep
    up writing.

1. [...] originally found the idea for this necklace at Oopsey Daisy, which directed me to this tutorial at Blue Cricket Design. You know what I say? Why re-create the wheel if someone’s done a beautiful job of writing a [...]

2. [...] SS fans! Becca here from Blue Cricket Design!I came up with a new and easy twist on the original Washer Necklace! It uses two long pieces of ribbon instead of one and is slightly easier to explain! If you are [...]

3. Washers. says:

[...] So fun. Click Here Adorable. Click Here to make this multiple washer necklace Or click here, I think I’m done. Notice the necklace theme. I’m sure there are plenty of other [...]