Frayed…in a good way!

Headbands! Headbands!Get you’re Headbands! Make a frayed Headband! It’s easy and cheap and all the cool kids are doing it!

Create a pattern by cutting a headband shape out of Poster Board. You’ll need to cut it on the Poster Boards Diagonal!
Trace and Cut it out. You can use less then 1/8 of a yard of fabric.

Stack your cut fabric on top of another coordinating fabric. Pin it down and sew it on.

Cut out slightly wider then the first layer so now you have a double layered headband.
Now lets add a little detail! I added leaves.

Layer the leaves and straight stitch them with a coordinating colored thread that is visible. Avoid using the same color thread as the leaves.

Super easy! Super cute! Get creative with your detail work! Applique on flowers and birds and call ‘er done!

Comments

I love these headbands! I am so making them for our girls. Thanks for the tutorial. I came to your blog through MMB and enjoyed your bracelets there.

BTW thought you may want to know that the comment above is a spam to a horrible site. I saw it on several different blog comments lately. You may want to delete it.

Can't wait to snoop through the rest of your blog and see what else you have for me to make.

Thanks for sharing these, I love these headbands. I am bookmarking it to try later.

That is so cute- and I bet I could do that!

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good says:

This would be great to have because it would hide my roots!

These are beautiful! I'm such a sucker for headbands. And I love the leaves! Pretty!!

These are so cute and so are the models.

very cute!

ACK! Stoopid no sewing machine situation.

Because you know I am not going to hand stitch that. You just know I'm not.

Saaaaay, how much is it worth to ya to sew it up on your machine? Hmmm? How much? Say, like 3 boxes of Just Clusters in maple flavor? Would that about do it?

You let me know when the thought tickles your fancy.

I'll just be holding my breath over there in the corner(the corner where my book is on this fabulous rainy day).

What are the dimensions for the poster board strip and how is it sewed in?

One Cheap B*tch says:

So cute! I love headbands but they always end up giving me a headache. =(

Fabulous!! I just love it!

Momma Fish says:

So… You know how I can't make anything to save my life?? I bought a head band like this and love it. They put 2 tiny little pieces of velcro (the prickly part) on the back so when it's in your hair it doesn't slide. Fabulous.

LOVE IT! I just got a sewing machine and am super intimidated by it! Maybe I can start with super easy projects like this! Although how does this hold up in your head… i would imagine because its poster board as soon as you sweat it starts to loose it's shape???

Katie,

the poster board is just used as a pattern template. You only wear the fabric!

TappinTamara says:

Adorable headband! How did you put the ends of it together?

Love handbands! Those are so cute.

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage says:

Gorgeous!!

This is the cutest headband! I think I may have to start wearing headbands if I can have ones this great looking. Thanks so much for the how to.

Oh very cute–I always feel so retro when I wear wide headbands.

Just thought I'd give you a head's up that something is not right in the cinnamon oatmeal pancake recipe. It says 31/2 teaspoons salt. After I dumped that in and stirred it around, I realized that could not be right, so I tripled the recipe. Also was wondering if there was supposed to be in baking powder in it? I added a little, plus some applesauce. They were yummy!

So cute. Love the fabric & leaves!!

Those are so cute! I love the material.

Made one for me, and a matching one for my daughter! Easy-peasy and love them! Thanks!(I cut my own pattern to our sizes)

splendid idea!

I just got finished making 3 of these precious headbands for my girls. They cannot wait to wear them to school tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!

Its So Very Cheri says:

What a cute idea. I love the frayed look. I did frayed organza roses around the edge of my daughters bedding that I made for her.
    FYI-fun give-a-way at my place tonight.
    Cheri

Sacs Longchamps Soldes,,Sac Longchamp Pliage Pas Cher,,Prix Des Sacs Longchamps,
    ,Prix Des Sacs Longchamps,,Longchamp Pliage Pas Cher Taille L,,