Craft #3:Easy Peasy Scrap Fabric Barrettes

I brought this last project to the family gathering! I’ll admit they are probably as easy as they come but pack a cute punch! And they include all my favorite things…

Scrap Fabric
Felt
Dollar store Clips
Dollar Store Crafting Floss!

No joke these probably cost like 15 cents each to make…if that!

First things first…

Cut out your three sections. Two Pieces of Felt and one piece of Fabric. These pieces are 1″ x 2″. Basically you want to cut the Felt and Fabric large enough to cover the Clip with extra room on all sides to allow for stitching.

Take one piece of Felt and cut a small slit large enough to slip your clip through.

Slide your clip through the slit and close the clip.

Now we will assemble the clip. Stack your fabric on top of your Felt and place it on top of your Clip that has already been inserted into your last piece of Felt.

And lastly we’ll Stitch a simple stick with Floss and tie it off to finish it! I love using bold colors that pop off the fabric!

Simple, fast and affordable! We sat for over an hour just talking and making these! It’s also the perfect project to occupy your time while you pretend to enjoy the Football game you’re stuck watching with your hubby! Don’t ask me how I know!

Comments

Those are super cute and simple…I'm totally going to try those! Thanks!

So adorable. Thanks for sharing your fun ideas!

I love this idea!! These will make perfect little barretts for my girls and for my nieces. Talk about budget friendly too!!

Mod Podge Amy says:

Fab Becca! These are awesome -

"It's also the perfect project to occupy your time while you pretend to enjoy the Football game you're stuck watching with your hubby! Don't ask me how I know!"

How do you know Becca? How? (smiling devilishly!)

These would be great for Chloe to do with her friends when they come over to play!

Or for me to do instead of laundry. DID I JUST SAY THAT OUTLOUD? I meant, while the laundry is running.

These look so cute, just precious.

I love how simple and cute these are, what a great design. I'll be linking.

The Harris Family says:

So cute and perfect for any outfit

-Crystal

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts says:

How easy and cheap! Thanks for sharing!

I will have to make those! Adorable! It doesn't hurt that I am going to the dollar store today =)

Seiously…. NOBODY could mess these up!!! ;) I was just waiting for you to say how you're challenged friend sewed them.

GroverFamily says:

I have given you an award…you can go here to check it out

casserole says:

These are great! My daughter has -finally- discovered that her hair is cute when put up in barrettes and braids. I'll be making some of these for her!!

I blogged your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:

–Anne

HowDoesShe Alison says:

SUPER CUTE!!!
    ALison

Like a little clippy sleeping bag, love it!

Becca-
    Thanks for sharing these! I absolutely love the easiness and cute factor! I will for sure be making these up for my daughter in the next little bit, she is in need of some new clippies now that her hair is growing out.
    -Thanks again!
    -Tiff

Hair Clip says:

Those are so cute and easy to do! I'll probably try to make some for my younger sister. Thanks for sharing this idea. :)

Lenetta @ Nettacow says:

Super cute and very funky! I also like how the barrette is covered . . . I hate getting them snagged on a piece of hair. I linked to this on my weekly roundup too – thanks!

These are so cute – and QUICK to match! You can match with every outfit in your child's closet! Thank you so much for linking on Thursday's Treasures!!

Its So Very Cheri says:

That is cute and they look really easy.

Cheri

Angie@treasures for tots says:

I featured this post on today's Thursday's Treasures!!

Come share more of your ideas, tutorials, crafting projects, or recipes you've been working on this week!

I tried your barrettes! They are super easy and fun! tHanks! here's a link to the ones i've made….so far that is :)

Anonymous says:

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!