Holiday Clothes Pins!

Not sure if you’ve recognized my reoccurring Color Pallet but here it is again! These Clothe Pins were so easy to make and are simply adorable if I do say so myself! The best part is that I can use them year round! My colors of Red, Green and Blues for the Holidays compliment my house year round so you know I’ll be using these baby’s all the time!

They make for a perfect little gift set for your friends and Neighbors! This gift box was intended to use as a Mantel display for all the Photo Greeting Cards we get this time of year! I included a 10 foot piece of Ribbon and instructions to use them to hang your cards onto the ribbon!

They are simple to make…

Measure and cut thin strips of paper.

Glue them using Mod Podge onto your Clothe Pins. I bought a 30 pack from the Dollar Store!
Now you didn’t think I could resist Distressing something did you!?!
Distress away!

Start going CRAZY!!! Glue on Buttons, Gems and other whimsical details! I love my rusted Stars!

If you plan on giving these away you will want to display them nicely! Add then to a card and package them in a clear bag tied with ribbon or in a gift box! I also added the description of how to display them!

And yes they work great as Magnets!

Like Blues classic snot face! What a stinker!

Comments

Now, that is a great idea! I will be putting this project on my list for next year. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Kelly Howard says:

LOVE this idea! I can see it as a gift for SO many occasions…like pink ones for a baby girl's room or even to dress up a laundry room or kitchen…just awesome!

Love this idea… My FAVORITE part is the packaging! When do you sleep??? :)

Sweet Bee Cottage says:

I just made some the these last weekend and I was still working on figuring out how to package them. Thank you for the ideas!

Teresa Tysinger says:

Holy great crafting, Becca! These are super fantastic and I just might have to pretend to be sick *cough cough* so I can take off work RIGHT NOW, run to the Dollar Store and make these before lunch! :) Thanks so much for this idea.

Jenn @ Livin' the Simple Life says:

Those are great! I was known for my snot face as a kid too :)

Great, creative idea. Love it!

So CUTE! Thanks for all of your inspiration! Your blog is GREEEEEAT!

peace.love.applesauce says:

GREAT idea.. Thanks!

I am using this idea right now…love the box and message with it for gifts…thanks.

I just made some this year too and recently posted them, only mine are stand up photo holders. I love how you embellished them and the cute presentation you've come up with that makes them extra special.

I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! I just found your blog a few weeks ago and have loved visiting it daily…any chance you are going to post your ideas for Christmas cards? I am looking for something creative to do that would include a few photos, any ideas?

Cute. And the embellishments make it extra fun! I bet my son's preschool teachers would love these.

I love your buttons!!

I love these clips and I love the pictures they hold- too cute!

thanks for linking up! : )

This is a great idea! Plus they will only take bits and bobs to complete.

So cute! I will be featuring this!

So clever!! Every single time I pull up your blog, I'm blown away! But one question: on the blog header, you have some Martha Stewart stockings pictured. Did you do these? Years ago I started but had some trouble…maybe I enlarged my pattern too much so that the punches wouldn't fit to punch the felt. Just curious if you made them, because I LOVE them so much and every year I say "this will be the year" but yet again it doesn't happen. [email protected]

Andy Porter says:

SO CUTE!!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

I think I could do this! Your buttons are beautiful ~ I love those with the design, are they fabric? I like the idea of putting magnets on them too.

Tammy of Yarborough House says:

Adorable like all your projects..gotta make some but then also – gotta find time to :)
    so busy so busy here.

tammy

Mod Podge Amy says:

Becca, you rock. . . as usual. . . :D

How do you "distress" something? I am totally going to nake a bunch of these! Soooo Cute!

Love it! I'm making them today!

Becca @ Blue Cricket Design says:

Betsy… I distress it with Distress Ink.It's sold in a variety of cool colors at a craft store usually in the stamp section!

Its So Very Cheri says:

Great inspiration. I love the star too. I missed my url or party button-if it's not there can you add that in please.

Cheri

Barbara Jean says:

Cute Clips.
    You did such a nice job on such a fun thing.

barbara jean

Kara@ Creations by Kara says:

Oh my gosh, these are so adorable! I'm pulling out my clothes pins as soon as I get a chance!

DOEHLER DAYS says:

Thanks for sharing this tutorial! They are so cute. I had to come up with something last minute for my husbands Secret Santa and made my own. Check them out:

Thanks again for the inspiration.
    ~Bailey

These are fabulous! I love the holiday spin. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

This is amazingly cute. I love it!

Gawd I love those… how does one get on YOUR Christmas list? Thanks for the ideas!!

I love these! Thank you, I needed a few last minute gift ideas and I just found one!

Cindy Van Sluys says:

I love it! Great idea!! I would love the dimensions and directions for the box you put them in. Would you share it???

thanks – Cindy

OH my goodness this is a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

Young Wife says:

Very cute! Found you through Tip Junkie.

I love it! I have a bunch of mini clothespins, this will be a great use for them! How do you turn them into magnets?

Ashley Pichea says:

Thanks for sharing this easy tutorial! We just moved and our previous card displaying method isn't going to work this year. However, I have a bag full of clothes pins that haven't been used in years and a box full of scrap book paper that needs a home. Now to find a few magnets… THANKS!!

Dulce DeLeon says:

Thanks for this great tutorial, those cloth pins look great. They”ll a nice useful gift.

What a great project! We did this for our MOPS group craft this month, about 80 women making 5-6 each means you inspired at least 400 holiday clothespins to be made! :) I’ll be posting a pic on the blog this week

i love this , i was just going to paint them but this is awesome.

I love these! I can’t wait to make these as gifts for my kids’ godmothers this Christmas. It’s nice that my 2 and 4 year olds can help with the selection and gluing for these special goodies :).

What did you use to clip the clothes pins on and where di you find the box to hold the entire project? Thanks!

Your style is very unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this blog.

First of all I would like to say superb blog! I had a
    quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your head prior
    to writing. I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my
    thoughts out there. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to
    figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints?

Thank you!

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

1. [...] credits: Blue Cricket Design Things to do: 1. This is the best part… choose your paper! This project is all about personal [...]

2. [...] embellished CLOTHES PINS are too cute- and talk about easy to make! How fun!  I can’t even count how many [...]

3. [...] Holiday Clips from Blue Cricket Design [...]

4. [...] year I saw this great idea over at Blue Cricket Designs and I knew it would be perfect – Holiday Clothes [...]