Christmas Pop Top Cans

Remember my 4th of July Pop Top Cans? Well guess what! Go figure!! They look fantastic all dressed up for Christmas too!

Add this one to your gift giving list! It’s perfect for Teachers, neighbors, the mail man, your Doctor…yes I give a gift to my Doctor!

Here’s how to create this fun little surprise…

Take any can that comes with a Pop Top.

Remove it’s label and flip it upside down! Open the BOTTOM with a can opener! I leave the lid attached just a tiny bite. This will make a future step a little easier!

Eat the contents! Or save it! Maybe you’re not in the mood for Vegetable soup! Wash out the can and dry it well! Add your fun surprise inside! Candy, gift cards and small gifts fit perfectly inside! Add a small Holiday greeting inside as well.

Use a hot glue gun and glue the lid shut!

Measure and cut pieces of Scrapbook paper to recover the outside of the cans.

Glue them on with your hot glue!

Embellish your can if you’d like! Ribbon, Ric Rac, gems and button all add fun detail!

Tie on fun coordinating Ribbon to the Pop Top tab! Be sure to burn the edges of the ribbon with a lighter to keep them from fraying!

Add a tag that reads “Pull my Tab!” on top.

And off you go delivering smiles and Holiday Cheer!

And I am thrilled to announce the start of a wonderful event over at “Write it Down!” Kristin is hosting a “12 Days of Handmade Christmas Ornaments” Event and it starts TODAY!!!
I’ll be featured Thursday so be sure to stop by and give me a friendly hello “How are ya!”
Get ready for some amazing inspiration!!!

Photobucket

Comments

HOW FUN!!! I totally missed these in July!

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster says:

Very Clever! Thanks for the idea!
    Nancy

Super cute and a great gift for my teenage daughter to make for her friends this year!

First time to your blog (came from Susan's) and LOVE this , what a great idea!!!! Thanks so much! Pinky

Cute idea!

That is supper cure…my son's teacher may be getting one of these!

Julie John says:

Thanks. I read about these somewhere else and they said only a certain kind of glue would work for the paper, so I'm glad I don't have to run to the store. My trusty glue gun will work!

Susan Crabtree says:

super cute idea! my kids would love these!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer says:

Those are so cute.

MommyBrain says:

I have so many cans covered in scrapbook paper around the house … they are so versatile and cute … I use them for all kinds of things … this is a great idea :)

Very cute – seen these done with smaller cans – I need to eat some soup very soon…

Cute idea!

Linds@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY says:

I'm thinking that this might come in handy…I'm getting desperate for neighbor gifts this years…everyone's already seen the "Whisk" you a Merry "Kiss"mas a thousand times…and I think this gift is JUST RIGHT!
    Cant wait to see you Ornament!
    Linds

The Harris Family says:

Adorable!

peace.love.applesauce says:

LOVEEE this!

What a CUTE idea!! Wow, I'm in love, lol.

What a darling idea!!!

Becca I like to make these with a Pampered Chef can opener, then you get a lip to put the glue in :) and you can't even tell that it was taken off. I love these as teacher gifts, so easy and gift cards fit great in the Dole pineapple cans :)

Kate @ The Gaines Gang says:

How Fun! I would have never thought of that one. Can;t wait to use it for giftgiving this year.

Just fabulous!

Thanks for sharing!
    Kate

That's funny! I already wrapped some presents like that.

I just found your blog today..I love it, and linked my blog to yours

peapodcreations.blogspot.com

Sisters' Stuff says:

So cute!! I am going to start saving my cans!!

These are so pretty dressed up for Christmas. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Very cool idea and such a clever way to give a gift.

a little bit vintage says:

This is a super cute idea! I love it! SO clever!

Smiles,
    Rachel

Jenglamgirl says:

Oh' WOW' this is so darling, I am loving this idea. Your paper choice is so cute, love the tags as well!

How cute!!! I'm going to do this! Thanks for sharing!

So cute! Im thinking I need to make some too :) Where did you get that cute red polka dot paper?!

Oh my gosh, that is an adorable idea! Absolutely love it.

Rebecca D. says:

I got the red paper at Roberts Crafts! it's glittered! Not sure if you can tell in the Photos!

Love the Idea!!!!

Yours are so cute….I made some in July too (wonder how I missed yours :( Anyhoo, LOVE the sparkly paper….I'm a girl, i like anything sparkly :)

Sweet Bee Cottage says:

Love, love, love this idea. Your blog looks great! I'll be back again soon to check out more.

Janelle

welovetucker says:

What a freaking good idea, love this. and I have the perfect thing that can go inside of this :)

So for us slower folk ;) You took the bottom off and glued it back on. Did you glue the top where the pop top is too? So it pulls off easy with hot glue? I LOVE thie idea! So stinkin' cute!

Ok yeah I'm super slow! I get it! You don't take the top off just the bottom! I don't know why I thought both were open. Oops!

THIS is a very clever and cute idea : )

Embellished Bayou says:

What a cute idea!! I'll be doing this for the kids!

Love these! I linked to this project in my Friday Favorites. I hope you will stop by for a visit! ~Lanie

Happy Nester says:

Another great idea. Thanks for sharing.

WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA! HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU COME UP WITH IT? IT IS SO MUCH FUN:) THANKS FOR SHARING.

Andy Porter says:

LOVE IT!!

Adorable, thank you for sharing your creativity! :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards says:

This is adorable. I would have never guessed it was a soup can.

Thanks for joining the party. Come back soon. =)

The Persimmon Perch says:

Great idea! I love the paper and the embellishments. How festive! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Just darling! I've done something like this, but I like this better because you actually get to open it.

Its So Very Cheri says:

What a great idea. I would say I will have to make these for my kids teacher but we homeschool so I'd be making them for myself.

Cheri

You are brilliant! I love it! Kelly

This is just the sweetest little thing! It made me wish I hadn't just recycled all my cans!!

Help, I wanted to make these, but my can opener won't fit on the bottom. What kind of can opener did you use? Also, the bottom of my soup can doesn't have a lip to grip my opener on. Thanks for any help.

Wendy

Funky Junk Interiors says:

I totally love these! And yours look like so much fun to open! Great paper and ribbon choices.

Thanks for linking up to SNS#9!

FJ Donna

I made these for my girls' teachers and they turned out SOOO cute!! Thanks for the fun idea. I posted it on my blog and gave you lots of link love…

I used this idea for my girls' teachers! Pix are on my blog. Thx so much for sharing!

My 6yo made one of these for his older brother last year. He decorated it with BYU colors so my son could use it as a pencil holder after the treats were gone. So fun!

Sugah Beez says:

Adorable! This one will be fun to play with!

Oh my goodness this is too cute!!!! Would you be interested in sharing with my readers at embracingmessy.blogspot.com? I am hosting a 25 days of handmade christmas series and this would be perfect! If you’re interested, I would just need the HTML for a guest post. You can email me at [email protected]

I absolutely love your cute little idea! come Christmas time I may try it this way. but I actually did use most of ur techniques! I actually just wrote a blog and posted pictures of my turn out : )