Remember my fun Halloween Ornaments found here ? Well I’ve been counting down the days ’till Christmas was upon us so I could finally create my own Christmas version! Well wait no longer my friends! ‘Tis the Season for Christmas Ornaments!!!
- Those glass ornaments I’m sure you can find in your Christmas stash! If you need to go get some check your thrift stores first! I picked up a 24 pack for 50 cents!!! SCORE!
- A newspaper or all your left over Black Friday ads!
- The magic Craft necter MOD PODGE
- Patience…the painting can take a while!
- Wire or Ribbon for hanging
- Beads for added touch!
- Get your balls ready! (trying not to laugh over here!)
- Take newspaper and rip it in to thin strips. If you rip from the top of the page to the bottom it rips super smooth and even. HINT!!The thinner the strips the smoother the paper will lay. Strips should be about 1/4″- 1/2″ thick.
- Mix 1 part water with 1 part Modge Podge! Enough to submerge your paper in.
- Dip each strip into the MP mixture being sure to get it completely wet. Using your fingers wipe off excess mixture.
6. Continue wrapping paper strips and be sure to get the lip of the bulb that holds the top hanging thing.
7. Cover all of your ornaments completely.
8. Hang them to dry over night!
Once they are completely dried you can start to get crazy and paint your heart out!
Get creative with your designs and patterns!
Add wire and beads if you plan on hanging them!I used Ribbon to hang mine! And think beyond the limbs of your Christmas Tree when it comes to hanging!
I have mine hanging on door knobs and cupboard knobs throughout my house. You could also display them in a bowl or basket or jar just as they are!
And Check out how fantastic they look hanging in my Frame on my front Door!
These ornaments are worth the effort! They are as detailed as you want! You can see I kept mine pretty simple! Whimsical charm awaits you as you create your custom ornaments! They also make perfect Neighbor Gifts or gifts for Teachers! Add a simple tag with a special message!
And I’ve been lucky to be asked to participate in “12 days of Hand made Christmas Ornaments” over at Write it Down!!! Be sure to pop on over and see this and other amazing Ideas!