Wait!?! Did you just say $15???

Ok… I know I say this like every time I leave a thrift store but this time I mean it! I scored the greatest find EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I’ve gotten pretty chumie with a local guy who buys from Estate sales. I’ll check in with him every once in a while just to see what he’s gotten in !

Well once upon a time I stopped in and hit the Estate Sale jackpot!

There in his latest stash were two, yes TWO beautiful antique beds! They were beautiful. Yes they needed a little TLC but I was in love! I was almost certain they were going to be too expensive and I was leary to show up at home with yet another refinishing project we didn’t have room for and a need for for that matter!

But like the title of this posts reveals they were only $15 each! WHAT!!!! SOLD!
Headboards, Foot boards, rails and planks! GET OUT!!!!

I have visions of a girls dormitory someday where all three of my girls share a huge room! I could see these two beds in that future room! I paid the man and prayed my husband wouldn’t kill me! Lucky for me he saw the potential in them as well!

So now… What to do to them! A distressed turquoise? A Butter yellow!!!?? What to do! What to do! So for now they sit waiting for me to beautify them. I have all winter to mull over it!

What would you do to them? Input please!

Comments

first thing i would do is buy a house next to me so we can refinish them together…

I think they are beautiful just as they are. That being said, I think a distressed off white (think cream) would be beautiful. My daughter has two off white beds in her room and it looks great!

Linds@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY says:

GET.OUT.
    I agree with distressed ivory color! Mmm.

That is AMAZING! $15???? Amazing. Wow, all I know is they are going to be fabulous when you are done. You are the queen of make-over and these beds are such fabulous finds. I like the ivory or cream color.

Those are GREAT…and what a find!! I LOVE the idea of color on them…anyone can have a white bed, I like color!!

Beautifully Inspired says:

Okay, that is the best find ever!!! I would have purchased them too! Lucky you and 2 beautiful beds!

Nicole

The Girl Creative says:

What a total bargain!!! I went to this new thrift store that just opened up and they wanted $15 for one little wooden chair. A bed was like $100 or more. I was not impressed. :( I did find a dresser that someone threw out that just needs a good sanding and paint job so I scored big on that one – F.R.E.E.!! :)

What a steal! Way to go Becca!

the mama monster says:

wow are those lovely! i would say a buttery yellow or maybe a sew foam green would be cute. so do tell who this estate guy is! i need some cooler places in utah to go!

Tattered Goods says:

OK to, too,funny… I bought 2 beds at a yared sale for $15.00 each for my 2 lil girls. I have since painted safe white and their roomis turquoise, many sahdes of pink and black. So I say paint them turquoise do not do yellow, I know these beauties will be GORGEOUS painted TURQUOISE. I hope your weekend is full of fun.

Sheila

a little bit vintage says:

WOW…beautiful!! Lucky you! :) Hmmm….they would look great turquoise….but buttery yellow would be perfectly lovely as well. Can't wait to see what you do with them! Happy weekend!

Smiles,
    Rachel

Mod Podge Amy says:

Blue Cricket? It's going to have to be blue ;D

The Three Amigos says:

I love that color gree that Pottery Barn has in girls furniture right now!

The Painted Home says:

Get outta town? What was that guy thinking!!! Great score. they'll be great no matter what you do with them!

shari berry bo-berry says:

ROBIN'S EGG BLUE with a crackle finish would be AMAZING! I am reeling over the $15 price-tag! INSANITY! and what a sweet deal! congrats on scoring two beautiful beds! your girls will love them some day!

DUDE!!!!

i am a black fan….

Summer Gypsy says:

OMG!! I just found your blog!! LOVE IT!! $15???? I am so envious..I'd leave them just like they are because they are beautiful. But, if you must paint…do sage or aqua…either will do well with rose pinks and sand and browns to accesorize….and…I just love these beds!
    :)Marilyn

I think I would rock distressed turquoise :) We just bought Mackenzie a sleigh bad {picture pottery barn chunky wood} at Goodwill for $24…its in FABULOUS condition :) We are actually going with a turquoise color as well :) What a score you got :) Love it!!

those are gorgeous!

They have so much potential. Wouldn't it be cool to do the main color in an aqua or barn red color and the side rails and maybe trim in an off white?? Maybe dry stencil their names on the footboards and then distress it all.

Wes and Dani says:

Turquoise. Definitely. With red and turquoise and yellow accents in the bedroom!

Beyond jealous! I love the idea of them in cream, or if I was being brave, turquoise.

Mountainrose says:

Wow, what a find. Love them. I think, once stripped and primed, I would find pictures of the girls and set them in the ovals. Then either go French cololnial and pait with white and add gold touches, or do opposites with each one.. a pink headboard and purple footboard or something like that. but what possibilites they lead to.

Butter yellow sounds fabulous!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms says:

I was thinking turquoise even before read it in the post, maybe because of the raised design. It just seems right.

You lucky girl!

Laura Major says:

Wow! Wow! You hit that deal at just the right time! It had to be fate!

I was thinking that the oval would be a great place to decoupage the first letter of your lucky kids names!? Then a distressed white would be So Shabby Chic!

I was lucky enough to get my Uncles' childhood bed, after my Grandparents passed away..large spindled headboard and foot board…but more "child" sized. It was prefect for my daughter since she was old enough for a big bed.

I decorated her room in fairies and "Mod Podged" her bed with fairies as well! If you'd like a picture, I could send it to you! I was pretty tickled with how it turned out!