A place to call {HOME!} For fabric that is!

I love a good Before and After!!!

I have been on the hunt for a good Dresser and hutch to transform! I was desperate to find a home for all my fabric! I love the idea of having my fabric organized and beautiful and on display ready to inspire me every time I walk into my Craft Room! My new happiness is for sure
an inspiration!

I found these two mismatched pieces at my local Thrift Store!
The Hutch was $25 and the Dresser $35.

Both were constructed with care and would serve me well. We just had to get over the fact that they were dated and let’s be honest UGLY!

I gladly welcomed the challenge and set off to find the perfect color! I followed my Furniture Refinishing Steps I have listed HERE and got to work!

A few hours later I had a sparkling new piece of furniture ready to be put to work!

So I filled her up with pretty folds of fat quarters and yards of cotton! Her drawers house my collection of Felt and even more fabric! This baby makes finding what I need a breeze!

I save all my scraps and in the buckets they go…

I was in heaven sorting and folding and organizing all my fabric! I just sat back and gazed at it all when I was done! I love her!!! My little home of all things soft and bright! She lives in the corner of “My” corner of our home! My craft room is my domain! My refuge! My inspiration!!!

More about my Craft/Creative space to come!

Comments

oh, I'm in LOVE! It's so cute, it's hard to believe how ugly it was before you rescued it! I love you bucket for scraps idea!

I love, love love your new hutch! And wow, the room it's in looks fab, too!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

Love love love it – maybe I'll need to work on my craft space – but not until January.

so pretty!

great job!

This is a great idea! Love the color!

I love it!!!

i want it, you did a great job. have fun sewing.

I love it!!!

Just Beachy says:

Amazing , good eye , its gorgeous

I love that! Wish I had a big "corner" in my house! Instead I find all these little corners and they are just cluttered, not pretty!!!

The Harris Family says:

Ohhh I love it.

Jennifer @ The Craft House says:

*Drools*

I'm in love! The color is gorgeous and the two pieces look wonderful together post-makeover!

You are simply amazing Becca. Seriously. You took two pieces of furniture and created that masterpiece. I am in love with it and it is not even in my craft area. Love it!! You are always amazing me. ANd then with the fabric on top? I could not get better. It is making me want to look at your pictures all morning long. I love fabric. Love it.

Embellished Bayou says:

Fabulous! I never would have thought about pairing those two pieces together & you did a fantastic job. Plus, all that storage is to die for!

LivingInspired says:

Oh my am I jealous! My fabric is currently in a paper grocery store bag. Boo!

AmaZing!!!

Fabuloso!! What color paint did u use? I absolutely love it love it love it!!

Wes and Dani says:

I'm in love, oh my wordy! GORGEOUS!

what an impressive collection! everything looks so beautiful the way you have displayed it – very inspiring :)

Okay, wiping the drool off the keyboard now. So jealous of that, and that you have a place to put it!!!

What a great cabinet..and such a great price! It makes it so unique and personal when you piece it together yourself!
    Thanks for sharing! I love drooling over craft rooms!

a little bit vintage says:

I love this! It turned out lovely!! :)

jealous! love the color!

Hannah Stevenson says:

ACK!!! This amazing,inspiring, astounding…I want one!

I'm in love too….GREAT JOB!

Anna Lindsey Sailer O'Reilly says:

Absolutely love it! You've inspired me.

Philip, Melissa, & Summer says:

How awesome. My husband just demolished my leaning tower of a fabric shelf. It was ugly and awful. I just bought a new book shelf at target for $16 and now I am thinking I should take it back and do something like what you did. I love it.

What color did you use?

That is fabulous!!!

I've been sick and I've been missing my bloggie world.

Well, I've just come out from underneath my covers to face the light of day once again. And thank goodness I did. I found this wonderful post! Becca, you are so courageous.

I'm pretty sure I'd never have the nerve to take this on. But what a glorious thing that you did take it on.

I'm just breathless….

Gorgeous transformation!!

Blue Creek Home says:

What a charming home for your pretty fabric. I could use one!
    You did a great job.
    Rhonda

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House says:

I'm speechless! Do share the paint color and technique! This is out of sight fantastic!

Sherri @ Design2Shine says:

Love the color! Great makeover and dang that fabric looks AWESOME in it with all the different designs and colors.

Sa-Sea Boutique says:

I am in shock with how amazing that is! I am now inspired to search craigslist and find one to do the same thing!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

ImagineCozy says:

You certainly have vision! Those two "beauties" ended up looking like they were always meant to be together. I love the idea of displaying your fabric, it does promote creativity!
    -Angela

the Material Girls Quilts says:

Just cruised through your site, girl you are amazing!! I love everything!
    Nadine

"…………" -that's the sound of jaw dropping. GORGEOUS!! All that lovely fabric just makes my heart pitter-patter!

AWESOME! And….looks like plenty of room to add more… I love finding something cheap or free and then turning it into a jewel—it's so much more satisfing than going out and buying something new for lots of money.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

Beautiful! What a great piece of furniture you got out of this now. The color and everything is great! How fun to fill it up now!

It looks so pretty and the color is gorg! All your fabrics look so colorful and organized – I love my craft room too – I know (exactly) that feeling when you walk in there and it feels so good to sit down and just create!

Happy New Year -

Wonderful. I love how you married the two pieces together so well. And the color is great!

Katherine @ Grass Stains says:

You have GOT to be kidding me! I would never have thought that those two pieces could have been married so well together. What a brilliant end result! I love the color you chose and am totally envious of your visionary abilities. :) Great job!

Oh, I LOVE it!! Such a clever idea! And it's beautiful! Great job!!

Totally Cool!!! what color is this? I need to paint a tiny small bookcase that that is the PERFECT color.
    thanks,
    Robin

design_aholic says:

the blue is nice, and the fabric really pops! Nice work finding mis-matched furniture… I'll need to remember that!

Becca, I love this dresser…what a fabulous way to store the things you love! And those fabrics are so beautiful…makes me wish I crafted more! Thanks for linkin' up to FF!

Wow…nice marriage of the two pieces!

If you ever grew tired of the look, you could easily modify the dresser to look like an old apothecary cabinet (or even card catalog cabinet) by adding more hardware (to give the appearance of additional drawers) and by replacing the hardware to look like drawer pulls, etc..

Wonderful job…found you while blog hopping (from Beyond the Picket Fence's 100 Ideas under $100.

– a m a n d a

Kristi @ Pink and Polka Dot says:

that is freakin' fabulous! i love your redo!

what a fantastic job…a perfect marriage of style and function..you should be so proud.