Fabric Barn!

I am excited to share a little shopping joy with all of you! You all know I am a sucker for ribbon!
I can never have too much and it’s almost always used in my creative process so I think of
it as an investment!

I recently spent a week in CA visiting my old stomping ground! It would not be a trip to CA without visiting a Classic stop! Fabric Barn in Long Beach has been a staple in my life. For as long as I can remember I have visited Fabric Barn. As a young kid my mom dragged us there. We sat at the pathetic childrens table with baby toys and waited for our mom to finish her shopping!

Funny how it’s come full circle! Now I too drag my kidlets to this wonderland and they whine and complain and I promise to hurry! But it’s all worth it!

Look what I scored this time…

5/8 in. Satin Ribbon is only $2.50 for 100 yards! No Joke!

Ric Rack! My most favorite decorative embellishment was $1 for 25 yards!

And the Ruffles! Oh the Ruffles! It was all between .37 -.22 cents a yard!
Ruffle Butt Onsies here I come!!!

And Tulle was $1.75 for 25 yards! I’m a sucker for a good roll of Tulle for gift wrapping!

See why I love it so much! The prices can’t be beat! There Long Beach store open to the public
and they do have online store but it looks like you need a resale license to order!

check em out HERE!

Do you guys have a favorite Ribbon supplier? Seeing as I only get to California about once a year I would love to find other online suppliers that are tried and true hits!

So hopefully this week I can bust out some awesome projects using my new stash!

Comments

Philip, Melissa, & Summer says:

How fun. That ric rac is so cheap. I need to take a trip there too.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking says:

Wow… I didn't know about this place. I'm not too far from Long Beach. I'll have to stop by next time I'm in the area. THANKS!

I have never heard of this place… I will definitely have to pay them a visit on my Christmas trip to CA!

Growing up in Anaheim, my mom used to drag us kids to M & L Fabrics with her. Our source of entertainment was trying to collect as many sequin sparkles that we could find on the ground and then neatly put them on a pin. It kept us occupied for the hours (or so it seemed) that my mom spent browsing. ;)
    Thanks for letting us know about the fabric barn! Can't wait to go!

Back Porch Blessings says:

Love your finds wish we had something that close that I could drag my ducklings too, lol. We do have a Hobby Lobby about 20 miles from us and I do drag them there as often as possible and they complain the entire time but I make it up to them by taking them for ice cream after and they forget about the time they spent suffering while I blissed.

Wow! Those were some steeeals! Now I wish we had something like that in Dallas. I would love to make "investments" like that- seriously. Sewing for a little girl requires all of the above. :)

Blessings! -Sarah

Michelle @ My Crazy Hen House says:

I wish i loved closer to Ca so I could go to that store. I love ribbon and a good sale. I use the site ribbonandbowsohmy.com to get ribbon to make hairbows for my girls. They have a great selection of grosgrain and satin ribbon at really good prices. You can catch some good sales there too. Give them a look.

Michelle

I am glad you still like it! Fabric Bran is dead to me now…

Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous says:

So jealous! Love all the ribbon you got! Wish CA was a little bit closer to the EAST coast! :)

Looks like a fun place!

Mod Podge Amy says:

That's awesome. I spend entirely too much on ribbon – I need a great place here in GA!

How funny that I love this store too and have the same kid memories as you!!! I have not been back to the store in a couple of years. What is my problem??? Now you have sold me in needing to go. Soon. Very. Very. Soon.