25 Days of Christmas Count Down

With so many wonderful Advent Calendars and Count Downs out there you know I had to put my spin on the Holiday tradition! I created this smaller version of a Christmas classic for all of you out there with limited space and for those of us who’s husbands would kill us if we brought home one more Huge Christmas Decoration!

Gather the following supplies…

1 pack of Library Book Pockets/Envelopes. ( sold at teacher/learning stores)
Approximately 12 Sheets of Scrapbook paper
3 Sheets of Colored Card Stock
Distressing Ink
Glue Stick
Paper Cutter
2″Circle Punch
# Stencil
Sharpie
2″ Ring
Ribbon

And away we go!

Measure and Cut 25 pieces of paper. You will want the cut paper to be slightly smaller then the envelope. I used standard sized envelopes so my paper was cut to 3.5 x 3.25″.

Use your Distress Ink to add detail to the edges and corners of the cut paper! This step is well worth the added time! Attention to detail always pays off!

Now you will want to lay out all 25 pieces of paper. Arrange them in a random order being sure not to put two of the same prints next to each other!

It’s now time to add our 2″ Circles. First we will need to cut them out! I have fallen in love with my new Martha Stewart Circle Cutter! It cuts Circles from 1″ – 5 7/8″. All that versatility in one tool! Gotta love it!

Cut 25 and distress!

Assign a circle to each piece of paper being sure to make it look random and complimentary!

Taking one at a time you will now add the numbered day to each circle! I used a Stencil and a sharpie but if you have awesome free hand skills by all means show ‘em off!!

To make your inserts you will measure and cut a new piece of paper slightly longer then you did your first pieces of paper. In my case I cut mine 3.25 x 4.5″

You know the drill…Distress and arrange them to each envelope. At this point you can also adhere each circle to envelope.

@5 Days of Christmas Count Down Ideas

Now we need to add our Daily idea. I have created a list of 25 fun activities! Use these suggestions and add them to your inserts! I created my idea print outs on Photoshop! Come up with a customized way to display yours based on the Colors you you are working with!

Cut each Idea out and glue them to the insert cards. Be sure to lay them all out first and make sure certain suggestions are closer to the beginning of the month then the end! Putting up Christmas Decorations is something you don’t want to do December 24th!

Punch a hole in the corners.

Add them to a 2′ ring and tie on a Bow!

Hang on a Knob or on your Mantel and enjoy counting down the days until the Fat Man comes and raids your cookie jar!!!

Happy Count Down!

The DIY Show Off

Comments

Love your take on advent calendars/Xmas countdowns!

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster says:

Super Cute idea!
    Thanks
    Nancy

Love this! I will be featuring this when I post my Christmas Advent ideas next week! I want this one more than the one I made!!!

Kari @ Ucreate says:

Becca,
    This is so FABULOUS!! I'm so featuring this!

The Girl Creative says:

Way cute!! Love that idea. :) Thanks for linking up at our "Just Something I Whipped Up" party. Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations says:

That turned out really cute!

I AM SOOO IN LOVE WITH THIS IDEA!! I have had such a hard time deciding what kind of advent calendar I wanted to make this year…but as soon as I saw this I knew it was THE ONE!! –Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed that mine turns out half as cute as yours–

Philip, Melissa, & Summer says:

I need that circle cutter. Very cute idea.

Very very cute!!!! I love that you used special things to do instead of candy….bravo :)

AWESOME!!! Great idea!

Great idea–where did you get the library card pockets

Rebecca D. says:

I bought the library card pockets at a Teacher/ learning store!

Thanks for reminding me to add that to the post!!

Super cute!!! I love the idea of DOING something everyday! What a fun way to count down to Christmas!

Becca, what a cute idea! For the last few years we've done something similar, but I've never had a cute way to present the idea to the kids. We've done some sort of activity everyday leading up to Christmas. I take pictures, digital scrapbook each day with journaling and make a book at the end of the month with our 25 days of Christmas. I always include our Christmas Card on the back cover so we can chronicle what we did each year. Your countdown is going to be the perfect way for the kids to see what we're up to each day! Thanks.

Kate @ The Gaines Gang says:

FABULOUS! Love it!!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing i can't wait to do this with my kids!

This is so cute and your whole blog is great!!

Its So Very Cheri says:

What a cute advent calendar. I have a party as well and would love to have you post this to it as well. I will be following along–
    Cheri

The Traylor's says:

I found this on U-create. Love love love it! Thank so much for sharing. I'm also stealing one of your commenters ideas about the book. What a fabulous idea!

Look at you woman! You are becoming FAMOUS!!!! At least I can say I knew you way back when. The other day my friends at church were talking and one of them asked another about this cute craft they made and they said, "oh I found it on this cute website called Blue Cricket Design." I loved it! It was like I knew the rockstar before she was. Love ya

Hey Becca–
    Fantastic/ compact advent calendar idea–love it! So fun to run into you the other day…

Cherry Blossoms says:

This is ADORABLE!

welovetucker says:

So freaking cute, thank you for sharing!

Love, love, love this!!! Will certainly be creating one of these for some SUPER fun Christmas countdown activities. Thanks for sharing, the Martha tool looks awesome.

Gorgeous! Looks like you had a great time creating those! Fabulous!

Mike and Jenny says:

Very Cute Becca. I would rather you just make it for me though :)

Online Colleges says:

Wow, I love it! Such a creative idea.

SO cute! I love it!!! So adorable!

XOXO
    Jen

Really love this! You're right it's a great space saver advent calendar. It might be fun to take a picture of your family doing each activity and adding it to the back of your activity sheet. Then it'd also serve as a fun mini book afterward. Cause knowing how crafty you are next year you'll want to make a different one and won't need it anymore☺

Very cute! I linked to this in my Friday Favorites. ~Lanie

I love this!! I am going to make them as the twelve days of christmas for my neighbor gifts!! Thanks for sharing!!

I LOVE this, I LOVE this! Thanks so much for this. I love this, I live in a small house and this is perfect. Did I say that I love this? Thanks for sharing this! Oh, and I love your blog!

Orange Peanut says:

Thank you for the idea! I just finished making one!

Jenny at Intentionally Me says:

So perfect!! I made one and posted about it on my blog, linking them back to you! Thank you for such a perfect idea!

Kelli @ RTSM says:

This is such a cute idea! I have a MS circle cutter too and I LOVE it! Thanks for the tutorial!

Pink & Green Mama says:

So very cute!! I made our own version based on yours but it's a bit less fancy!!

I even posted a link back to you as one of my inspiration sources!! Thanks for such great ideas : )

here's my post: http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2009/11/home-made-christmas-family-advent.html

Fondly,
    pink and green mama
    marylea

VEry original and unique! My favorite kind of craft :)

I really like the compact idea. It makes a cute, concise statement.

Thanks for the helpful information. Hope to hear more from you.
    add your website in

Anonymous says:

I would like to exchange links with your site http://www.blogger.com
    Is this possible?

I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he should also go to see this website on regular basis to obtain updated from latest reports.

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
    A number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not working correctly in
    Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

1. [...] made this 25 Days till Christmas countdown .  Each day had a new, fun “Christmassy” or “giving” type activity for us [...]

2. [...] 25 Days of Christmas Count Down by Blue Cricket Design [...]

3. [...] christmas advent for counting down the daysfrom blue cricket designand when I was at the scrapbook store (scrapN fanatics (shoutout to all you poky people) I found [...]