A Thankful Thanksgiving Activity!

Believe it or not it’s already time to start gearing up for the next Holiday on the list! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and even if we’re weeks away from eating ourselves into comas it’s fun to start thinking of ways to enjoy this “Thankful” time of year!

Today I was thrilled to open a cool email from my Aunt Bug! Better then a chain letter and way more useful then a political joke… she sent me this wonderful activity to do with our family to help us remember how blessed we are! Here’s my take on this fun idea…

Thanksgiving Thankful Countdown

DIRECTIONS:

1. Click HERE to get the download for the printable Thankful ideas!
2. Cut out each Thankful idea and mount it on card stock!

3. Place the idea cards into a jar. I decorated my lid with fabric, twine and a fall leaf!

4. Every day draw out one card and do what it suggests!

What a fun way to get the kids excited about being grateful!And Don’t worry! I won’t tell anyone if you stuff the jar full of ideas that include being grateful for YOU that may result in foot rubs, showers of Chocolate and Diet Cokes! WINK WINK!!

Download Created by Valerie Lee!
Thanks SugarDoodle for the great Down Loadable activity!

Comments

Very Cute, but I can't see the cards! I would love to do this with my kids!

Very cute idea!

Jen AKA Jupiter says:

Card download doesn't work. :-(

that's so cute :)

So cute, but the card download doesn't work!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

i used those cards for the Thanksgiving calendar that I made.

Mary Elizabeth says:

love the idea .. download doesn't work. can you check it and repost? thank you

Great minds must think alike! I posted this on my blog too! Thanks aunt Bug!

Rebecca D. says:

Sorry about that! I think I fixed it! Let me know if it works now!

Becca

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Fun idea. :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us. My girls might be a little young for this, but I can give it a try with the 3 year old…she'd probably love it. :)

WOW!! Thank you for sharing.. this will be perfect to put in my thanksgiving advent calendar!!!!!!

This is great! Thanks! Oh, and the link worked just fine for me. :)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking says:

LOVE this idea. We will definitely be doing this. I've been doing a monthly bible memorization theme on my blog and November we're doing Thankfulness, so I will be linking back to this idea. Thanks!

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm linking this post to my blog so I can remember how to do it!

I love this!!!! Thank you soo much for sharing. Can't wait to get started! FHE here we come!

Thank you for this! It's so hard to find Thanksgiving activities and decor, everyone just jumps right into Christmas ;)

I can't get the link on sugardoodle to pull up at all–it is completely blank. Any ideas? It looks like a great idea!

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.

I cannot get this to download, can you help please? I love the idea and want to use it before it's too late-thanks

Howdy!! .!! Happy Thanksgiving!. !! :)
    Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and each yr I like to get into the mood-extend the holiday, since it were-by reading "Thanksgiving novels." And in addition, those stories are mostly about families, about coming together to heal old hurts and giving them thanks for the gift of love. . .. :
    Think You're Much better Off These days Than You Had been 4 Years Ago?

1. [...] for ideas to make Thanksgiving more about giving thanks and less about eating and came across this awesome idea.   Here is where you can download the ideas and [...]