Scrap Fabric Bracelets

I’m excited to share a fun, easy and affordable project with you today! First you’ll need to raid your little girls dress up jewelery! Quick! She’s not looking!!! This fun scrap fabric bracelet project uses plastic bangle bracelets and scrap fabric and buttons (optional!). Don’t laugh but the bracelets I’m using came from a Barbi Happy Meal from McDonald’s! FINALLY a Happy Meal toy I didn’t want to throw away right away!!!

You will need: Bracelets, a glue gun and glue sticks, fabric and
buttons if you’d like to adorn your bracelets!

First cut long strips approximately 1/2 ” x 12″ or longer!

Starting on the inside of our bracelet we are going to glue on an end of our fabric strip!

Wrap your fabric around the bracelet pulling it tight!
Completely cover the bracelet and finish it by gluing the end of your fabric strip on the inside!

Make a set to wear together! Lightweight, interchangeable and so comfortable! Now I only wish I let me kids at McDonald’s more often!!!

I added some vintage buttons to this one for a little more detail!

I’m addicted I tell ya!!! I need to make more!

Comments

Crafts and Deals says:

So CUTE!! Thanks for sharing!

What a great idea! I may do this, although I'm kind of a stickler about stray threads, so I'll probably use Fray Check—absolutely love that stuff!

That´s a really great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah@VintageChic says:

What a great idea… it's one of those that makes you think, why didn't I think of that? I will be on the hunt for some bracelets to make these for my nieces for Christmas!

I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV the orange one with the knot tied on the top.

LUUUUUUUUUV.

At least it's a good reason to be 5 again. At the McDonald's drive thru window anyway!

super cute! I love your vintage buttons!

Emily would love those!

So cute. They would make wonderful goodie bag treatsor even bracelets for trick or treaters.

Wes and Dani says:

Looking cute! :)I thought I'd mention I always see those kinds of bracelets at the D.I. You could probably get all shapes and sizes there.

oh my goodness – so cute! I just threw like 2 of those away too! :/

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Those are seriously cute! Wonder if they have any bracelets at The Dollar Tree???

Oooh pretty!

Amanda- My Dollar Tree had them in the kid's section, I'm going to go back and look.

So cute! I linked your post on my blog. :) Thanks for sharing!

a little bit vintage says:

These are super cute and easy! I'll have to try some!

Smiles,
    Rachel

Linds@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY says:

Mmm, I LOVE addictions…But lets put it more lightly shall we…I tell my husband that I have alot of PASSIONS.

Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous says:

Supah cute!

I just saw your Vintage Handmade Cards on your guest post on Infarrative Creative and wow! Those are so cute! I didnt want to comment over there in case you didnt go back to read it. That is a great idea! I think I might have to ask my MIL to borrow some old patterns!

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster says:

What a great idea!
    Nancy

Wow…your bracelets are super cute, and thrifty too. Love that! Thanks for sharing and linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

jane @ Finding Fabulous

You are so creative!! I will be making one of these this weekend – thanks!!

polyester spandex fabric says:

Lauren @ nine{oh!}nine design says:

That's a super cute idea. Thanks for sharing!!

Wholesale Shopping says:

Bracelets are a beautiful piece of jewelery, which add grace to your lovely hands. They are a fun way to infuse some personality into your look. Nice to see all Scrap Fabric Bracelets.

Brittany@Love Stitched says:

featuring on friday :)

momphotographer says:

This is so cool! So simple yet so beautiful!

What a GREAT DIY!! Thank you for posting this. Beautiful!

Delighted Momma

What a great easy project! Going to go share it with my Facebook friends!

Very cute idea. A great idea for the bracelets is to take water bottles and cut them into rings. Then you can cover them up in anything. I remember a tutorial a long time ago about taking styrofoam and putting it in the blender with a bit of water, drying it out and then adding glue and paint to it and coating the water bottle bracelet. I made a few and they came out cute. I suppose you could also use a little batting and fabric since the bottle would leave a rather sharp edge on it’s own.

I love this. I have done something similar with ribbon, but love the idea of using fabric scraps and cheapo bracelets. Thanks for sharing! I pinned this to my board at http://pinterest.com/pin/17106578/

love this idea! I wish i didn’t throw away those pesky McD bracelets.. hehe..

Hi REbecca! I am putting together a DIY bracelet round up and I’d love to include this tutorial. Could I snag 1 photo and your link please? let me know asap! :) thanks!!!!

Oh my word. Seriously how easy is this project but SOOOO fabulous!!! They would make awesome gifts, too! Would love for you to link up to the SPEND LESS-GIVE MORE Gift party @ http://www.SummitStreetJoy.com

Thanks for sharing & inspiring!!! :) – Lauren

JaneEllen Jones says:

I would have such a hard time deciding which of the projects I love the most. Thanks for making them available to all of us. What great and affordable projects. We’re two senior citizens with alot of time and very little money.
    Those projects are absolutely awesome and so affordable. I have some canvases just waiting for a great project. I have birds in our bedroom and master bathroom so will be working on that project right away. Think I’ll be using newspaper pages as I have lots of them to use.
    Ever since I started going on so many inspiring blogs I have been all fired up to make more and more things. I’m even contemplating getting myself an Etsy spot. There’s nothing like creating.
    Love those trim and scrap bracelets. Think my granddaughters just might like those. I have a few of those plastic bracelets and lots of scrap material so here I go. Thanks so much for all the terrific inspiration. Yeahooo.

I made these using a Pringles can I cut to different size and wrapped ribbon around them…but I like the fabric idea…thanks for sharing!

Would this work with gel bracelets?? I want to try this at work this summer.