Halloween Hangy thingy-ma-bobs!!!
(a.k.a. Halloween Ornaments!)
I was introduced to Paper Mache Christmas ornaments from my Cousin! I thought to myself “Self! Wouldn’t these be perfect for any Holiday!?!” For sure!!
Some whimsical painting and Halloween colors make
these little guys Spookerific!
Here’s the “How To” low down…
What you’ll need:
- Those glass ornaments I’m sure you can find in your Christmas stash! If you need to go get some check your thrift stores first! I picked up a 24 pack for 50 cents!!! SCORE!
- A newspaper
- The magic Craft necter MOD PODGE
- Patience…the painting can take a while!
- Wire for hanging
- Beads for added touch!
- Get your balls ready! (trying not to laugh over here!)
- Take newspaper and rip it in to thin strips. If you rip from the top of the page to the bottom it rips super smooth and even. HINT!!The thinner the strips the smoother the paper will lay. Strips should be about 1/4″- 1/2″ thick.
- Mix 1 part water with 1 part Modge Podge! Enough to submerge your paper in.
- Dip each strip into the MP mixture being sure to get it completely wet. Using your fingers wipe off excess mixture.
6. Continue wrapping paper strips and be sure to get the lip of the bulb that holds the top hanging thing.
7. Cover all of your ornaments completely.
8. Hang them to dry over night!
Get creative with your designs and patterns!
Add glitter and gems to add sparkle or cut out Halloween images from Scrapbook paper and MP them on! The possibilities are endless!
Add wire and beads if you plan on hanging them! I have mine hanging on door knobs and cupboard knobs throughout my house. You could also display them in a bowl
or basket or jar just as they are!