Birthday Bash 2009

We recently threw a huge Backyard Carnival Birthday Party for both our girls! With their birthdays only one month apart and winter just around the corner, we really wanted to celebrate outdoors so an early party it was!

Weeks and weeks of planning and preparing helped make this day special for
our Cricket and Blue!

Photobucket

We hired an amazing face painter and she did not disappoint! I was tempted to cut in line and get myself a little princess mask or butterfly! I loved the spooky faces a few of the kids got! She was incredible! I wish we could think of more occasions to have her come and paint faces! Maybe for Ground Hogs Day!

Photobucket

I worked for days on the decorations! We have a pretty huge backyard and it needed to be filled with colorful decorations!

Solution:
One super duper long homemade fabric Bunting Banner! I swear this thing took me almost 7 hours to make. It’s probably the length of a football field but it was my most favorite feature of the entire party!
(Please!!!Someone borrow it!!)

I also created the Carnival entrance!Super easy… A PVC Pipe
frame and three $1 plastic table cloths!

Photobucket

And lastly I made a few dozen Tissue Pom Poms and Fans to hang in the trees!

Photobucket

The games were a hit! We had a Goldfish game, Ping Pong Toss, Ring Toss,
Bean bag Toss and Can Game!

I picked up some Harry Potter Blood Pops for some of the prizes!
Check out how cool they made the kiddos look…

Way too funny!

Photobucket

I made Cupcakes for the party from Scratch! Yeah! I’m into baking! Click HERE for my killer recipe! My secret for amazing frosting is Jello! I used Strawberry, Lemon and Lime Flavored Jello to get the vibrant color and great taste!

Photobucket

And we could not have pulled it off with out theses amazing helpers!!! Grandma Reena, Uncle Chris and soon to be Aunt Megan were so incredible!!! Thanks a million you guys!

The party went off without a hitch…that is unless you count the fact that my camera batteries went dead and the propane tank was empty 5 minutes into the shin dig! Other
then that it was a hit!!!

Come back for the endless tutorials I have in the hopper!!! I’ll be showing you how to create…

A quick no sew Fabric Bunting
Tissue Paper Pom Poms
Jello Frosting
Carnival Entrance

Comments

cute! everything looks perfect!

Brittanie says:

I love all of the colors! I had a grin on my face the entire time I read through this post. Genius idea putting jello in the frosting!

Devin & Amanda says:

So, a funny story. I come to your blog often and really like it. Well, today I thought to myself, "This looks really familiar for some reason." So, I went back to past emails that my husband's grandfather had sent and sure enough we had gotten pictures of this party back in the middle of September. We live in Florida, but my husband's grandparents are Bart and Joan next door to you! What a small world! I had no idea! Grandpa had sent pictures to us of your cute birthday party back in September!

wow what a great B-day party! ;-)

Wes and Dani says:

You have to be the best mom in the world.

How hilarious is the picture of that darling baby with the "bloody" mouth? I laughed right out loud!

That bunting is amazing! It is amazing how endless your dedication to a beautiful is. The tissue pops are stunning!!!

Blue and Cricket are so adorable. They are very lucky to have you as their Mamma. As lucky as you are to have them, I'm sure.

Josh and Tiff says:

I've probably already said this, but what a FUN party and I'm so sad I couldn't make it :( I also plan on making your delicious cupcake recipe once my beautiful mixer comes… I'll need all of your awesome recipes!

I have something on my blog for you :)

It looks like a fabulous party!

a little bit vintage says:

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! SO cute!

Wow, what an amazing party!! The decorations look perfect!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer says:

Very Cute. I love it, and you are too patient to spend so long making a really long banner. However, it seems worth it because it is really cute.

Will you be my kids mom? they deserve someone amazing like you!!! Looks like a ton of fun!