The "Hub"

I’m secretly addicted to staying organized! It’s a secret because on some days if you were to pop in you’d find my life and my home far from organized…like right about now!!!( Huge birthday party this weekend = panic mode over here= less then ideal living conditions! So basically what I’m trying to say is DON’T pop in unexpectedly!!)

Anywho… I’m also addicted to making lists!! I love to see that mile long list of my “To Do’s” staring back at me! I almost get a rush as I cross something off and make my way down my tasks one at a time!

I made my “Hub” a while back! It’s my go to station for all things I need to keep track of and stay on top of!

These labeled magnets help me sort my priorities. Simple Vinyl on painted thin wood glued to two magnets. I chose different fonts because…well that’s just me I guess!

7 different to do lists!!! It’s like Heaven on earth people!!!

It’s a pretty huge magnet board!I bought an ugly framed picture of a horse from my local thrift store and tossed the picture. I painted the frame and inserted a sheet of metal I picked up from Home Depot. I had to cut it done to fit with Tin Snips! I used Liquid nails to adhere it. All in all the Hub cost me about $30.

Here are my girls behavior cards! Do I use them? No! Should I take them down? Probably. Will I? Maybe if I put it on my to do list I’ll remember to!

And NO! My Hub doesn’t look this organized right now. I need to get on the ball and whip it back into shape! It seriously keeps me on track and motivated!

And I know it seems a waste to use all that paper to make lists!!! I’m a “GREEN” kind of gal so I use the back sides of those “Val Pack”mailers to make my lists on! They come every week in the mail and I like to get some sort of use out of them! Who needs 12 ads for 12 different local dentists and dry cleaners!

Comments

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

What a great idea. Love your hub! :)

Sam and Kyrsten says:

this is such a great idea. my to do list gets a little crazy sometimes and this is an awesome way to keep things organized! thanks for the inspiration!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

It makes me swoon – I love that you have long term goals listed as well!

Josh and Tiff says:

i have always loved this board! it's my dream come true…. i just don't have one, haha. i am just like you and absolutely love lists, but my lists are usually thrown in my purse and then lost… i definitely need to be more organized like you!

You can use dry erase markers on the sheet metal and then you don't have to use any paper!

I wish I had wall space big enough for something like that!

Sheena Marie says:

This is such a fab idea! (kinda funny since I am a maniac at being organized – and I totally get the whole rush of crossing something off your 'to do list' ) Love it.

Im totally addicted to organizing too but my home never looks it, I finish one project, start another and turn around and find the first project destroyed by my 3 kids, I mean 2 kids and husband!!! I wish I had a special little area like you have tho, it would make my life easier!!

Britney Jean says:

i'm making one. seriously. i LOVE it.

lists are the best! especially ones that are starting to get checked off…

k, I need one of these, jason makes fun of me because I have 15 different notepads with lists on them all over the house! Maybe if I had one of these I could actually accomplish some stuff on my lists!

Brown Family says:

Love your blog! Love the hub! Your are such a creative inspiration!!

I love it! I have a magnet board just laying around, thanks for the idea!

I am SO jealous! I am obsessed with all things organizational! The hub is my dream come true!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Such a fabulous idea! I my have to see if I can incorporate this into my future crafting plans :)

oh boy do i ever need one of those! i was just saying today that i can't seem to "catch up'… that might just be my answer…
    now just somewhere to put it…
    hmmmm…
    thanks for sharing!!

Kimberly Cherrine-Bell says:

Can I ask where you got the cabinet that has the board on it? Or did you make it?

Kimberly,

I got the cabinet at my most favorite consignment shop in Utah. It's called Home Again and they have a store in Sugar House and in Midvale!

I have since moved it from that location and now our desk is there. I need to move that amazing cabinet down to my craft room. I have a strong cousin comin' to town this weekend so I think I'll put his brawn to work and get it all set up down there!!!

Do you live in Utah? I can email you the address of Home Again if you'd like!

I love it! I had to laugh when I read that one of your To Do's was to clean before the cleaning lady! If I were lucky enough to have a cleaning lady I would do the same thing!

shari berry bo-berry says:

i think it is hilarious that you have "clean before cleaning lady" on your list… what is the cleaning lady for if you have to clean before she comes???? sheesh. i wish i had a cleaning lady!

Kimberly Cherrine-Bell says:

Hey I ask if you got it or made it cause…That was one of our pieces we made…….We consign a lot of furniture to Home Again both stores. I really never get to see them in other peoples homes and was just waiting for your comments to make sure where you had gotten it first…..We do so many pieces it would be mind boggling to keep up with them all. Thank you for showing off one of "our' pieces..You made my made. Thank You. We just started a blog so if you want you can see what we do.