Fall Mantle Makeover: Part one!

I can’t tell you how excited I am to get all my Fall Decorations up! Each year when I unpack my decorations I’m as excited as a kid on Christmas morning!

Every year I add to my collection! This year I created this fun Fall Garland!

Super Easy and Super Cheap!

First I had to work my magic on a set of Crape Paper Leaves I picked up at the Dollar Store!

Photobucket

These sweet little reminders of Autumn were a wee bit boring and plain for my taste but you couldn’t beat the price! A ten pack for $1!!!SCORE!

I spruced them up by painting on a burnt yellow color and making them look more veiny. I added a few more shades of Autumn hues and sprayed on some Gold Glitter!

Now these puppies are ready to be hung!

Photobucket

I attached 6 leaves to a swagged piece of ribbon!
I used two pieces of fabric ( about 1/4 of a yard each) and cut them into approximately 1″ x 9″ strips.
Alternating the fabric, I tied then onto the ribbon!

And that’ll do it folks!

Be on the look out for Part Two of my Mantle Makeover!!!

Comments

love it Becca.
    Ryan won't let me put fall decorations up till OCT!

This is a great idea! Love the Fall leaves and fabric.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants says:

Looks great!

That looks so nice! Great inspiration!

Diana {The Princess Escapades} says:

Very cute. And Simple too. :)

that looks great! I love it!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade says:

Cute! I love that you painted the leaves. It reminds me of my mom. She paints everything! And gold glitter makes the world a better place. Ragamuffin fall garland = fun and cheap.

Mary Ellen (megardengal) says:

Very cute idea!

Love Love the glitter!! Your super talented Becca…I heart Fall :)

Thats really cute!

I wish we had a fireplace :(

I dont have any of my decorations out yet. Seeing everyone else is really making me want to get them out!

wow…who would've thunk it. something so cute could be so easy. the best part is that you can really incorporate that into any season…perhaps christmas could be red and green fabric of course and maybe some little jingle bells hanging…the wheels are spinning now!

So dang cute and probably easy enough for evn me to make one!

I fell the same way about fall, it's my favorite time to decorate! I haven't done anything yet though. I'm hoping next week. I'll be linking to this.

Love this! I was inspired and tried one myself… I'll try to post pictures today or tomorrow. :)

Wendy, I don't have a mantle either, and it always makes me sad that I can't do things like this… until today, when it hit me that I have a great spot to hang a garland on the trim above my kitchen sink! :) So I did, and I think it needs more fabric but it is up for now and looking good. I'm going to try to post pictures of it later today.

I love the leaves with the ties. So stinkin cute. This would be perfect in my playroom! Thanks for the idea… :)

Love your fall garland!

Mod Podge Amy says:

Pretty pretty! LOVE the mantle itself too!!

Such a sweet idea….

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though
    you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just
    posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

Hi just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of
    the pictures aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.