After searching high and low for a cute ribbon organizer, I finally came up with my own solution!
I took this old dresser bought at a thrift store
Gutted the bottom section, refinished it (refinishing instructions found HERE!!!) and then turned it into this…
I turned the six removed drawers into fun ribbon organizers! It was super easy!!!
Each of these particular drawer openings were about 14″ x 14″.
- I first measured off and then drilled holes for the dowels that would hold my ribbon.
- Next I painted each box inside and out using my refinishing technique.
- Once the paint was completely dried I added with Mod Pogde a sheet of scrapbook paper to the inside of the drawers. If you look close the 12″ x 12″ paper does not completely cover the inside. I simply centered it to make it look even on all sides. I had applied a Glaze that left aging in the corners and seams of the drawer so I think it looks cool. You could also use wall paper or wrapping paper and cut it exactly to size and then adhere it with Mod Podge as well if you wanted a completely covered drawer.
- Next I adorned the outside with scrapbook “frosting!” my fancy word for pretty little extras!!
- I spray painted the existing brass handles and reattached it once it was dry.
- And lastly I added decorative ribbon to the handle and a fun gem and button to tie it all together!
I sold or gave then all away but not before keeping my favorite
one that sits happily in my craft room!!!