Thanks for your fun questions! Away we go….
Out of my mind asked:
So where do you live? I moved to the Salt Lake City Area 2 years ago!
What inspires you? I’m inspired by pretty much anything that has potential. I’m a trash to treasures kind of gal! It’s the environmentalist in me!!! I am also inspired by my kids! If I can create something for them even better!
What is your favorite type of music? I have an eclectic pallet when it comes to Music. Country, Blue grass,top 40… but the CD’s that are always playing in my car and the artist that are my favorite have to be Imogene Heap, Indigo Girls, Beth Orton,Pink Martini, and Michael Jackson.
Where were you raised? I grew up in Huntington Beach , CA a.k.a. Heaven on earth!!!!
What is your favorite way to spend time with your husband? I love just talking with my husband!!! When the kids are in bed and it’s quiet and just us I LOVE to just get caught up and chat!
What religion are you? I am member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!!!!
What is your favorite animal? While growing up it was a raccoon…couldn’t tell you why!!! Now… probably a dog yet I’d never claim to be any sort of “animal lover.” Do animal crackers count?
How long have you been married? I have been married for just over 8 years!!! Yeah us!
yep that’s me with Dark hair making out in front of all those people!!!
Here’s our wedding cake!!! Mike and I made it all by ourselves the night before the wedding!! It’s Krispy Kream Donuts!!! Quite the hit and sooooo me!!! I’m NOT a huge cake fan!
What else do you enjoy doing in your free time besides crafting? I LOVE to read! LOVE LOVE LOVE to read! I seem to get sucked into the reading habit and will read like 5 great books in a row and then get burned out and have to take a few months off! I love to write. I have a collection of childrens stories and other writing I keep adding to! I dream about becoming published some day! I also love talking on the phone with friends. I have weekly hourly phone calls with my sister and my SIL! I love thrift store shopping and bargain hunting! Cooking and creating new recipes also tops the list!
Steph and Megan asked: ( both my sister in laws!)
who is your favorite sister in law? Karrilynn and Tiffany!!!!
When do you usually find time to sew? I sew when ever I can grab a free moment!!! When my kids are in bed is usually when I can dedicate a few hours to a project.
How do you keep your kids occupied while you craft? It’s all about distractions and inclusion! Our buffet in our dining room is half filled with kids crafts, work books and coloring items. When I craft I usually do it upstairs in the kitchen and they are right beside me working on their own projects. Just this last week I scored some great new projects for the kid craft stash! Our Big Lots had a huge selection of Martha Stewart Crafts all marked down for $2 each. Here are just a few of them…
How did you learn how to sew? I’m self taught and that’s not saying much!!! When I was first married my husbands grandmother heard I spent 4 hours hand sewing my curtains. She was so sweet and sent me money to buy my very first sewing machine! There my love for sewing began! I did have a dear dear friend show me the ropes to simple quilting. She is a quilting star!!! For the longest time I only quilted and made blankets. It’s only been in the last few years I have taught myself how to use simple patterns but I mainly make up my own patterns and wing it!!! I would love to “learn” how to sew!!!
How many years have you been sewing? I started sewing about 8 years ago.
Where did you meet your hubby? We grew up together. We went to the same high school and were friends for years before we ever saw each other as anything more then just great friends! We started dating out senior year of high school! So yeah… I married my high school sweet heart!
Here’s a silly picture of Mike and I, my husband, going to a dance together at Ricks College in 1997. He’s the one on my right!!! Dude we looked so young and tiny!!!
hi ! what do you when you’ve got no ideas anymore, nothing coming up for your fingers to be busy ?? Knock on wood that hasn’t happened yet!!! Holidays seem to bring on a whole new list of fun ideas so I am looking forward to the holidays for good inspiration.
How did you make your blog grow – with followers, etc? Great question!!! I have the best readers ever and thanks to them it seems they help get my blog noticed! Many have added my link and button to their own blogs! I have been getting many fun emails from readers telling me they talked about my blog on theirs and I am so grateful. Also, many of my projects have been featured on other popular sites and that always brings in new visitors. “Freaky Friday” posts were I switch blogs with someone else also is a great way to introduce my blog to a new audience as well!
Well that was fun!!!! So are we all best friends now!!! I sure hope so! Here are a few more fun facts about me and my bloggy blog…
- I come from a pretty creative family! My mom tole painted and makes jewlery and my sister sews and is an awesome photographer!
- I, once upon a time, was a pretty good diver! As in spring board and 3 meter! I starting diving at the age of 7 and had no fear back then. I was recruted to dive with a jr. olympic team in Long Beach but chickened out! I dove Varsity my freshman year and my diving career ended when I slipped in the locker room at the end of the season and broke three toes! I never returned to the sport. Diving is still one of my favorite olympic sports to watch!
- I used to sing and perform on stage as a youth!! It was creative performance that did it for me all those years ago! I miss it dearly!
- The name for my blog comes from the names of my kids! Our oldest we call Cricket and our middle child is Blue! Sadly the newest addition was left out of all the fun!!!
- This hear blog has evolved over the last few years. It was origianlly a blog I set up to sell my creations. I found little joy in selling my “crap!” I worked so incredible hard at it and could never make any money!! It wasn’t worth the time, money and stress so I ditched the crafting entierly and gave away tons of my supplies. I missed being creative and ached for an outlet so there launced the change!!! No longer a place to sell, just a placce to share my ideas and hopefully inspire others!!