Revamp it!!!!! Adult Skirt turns into a Girly Dress!

Don’t you hate it when you hit a Clearance sale and all that’s left is Size XXS or XXL!!!!
What’s a girl to do!!!???!!!

Well think out side the empty rack and get creative!

While at my favorite Clearance Center DOWNEAST CLEARANCE CENTER I found two XL
Skirts! Ahh shucks!!! Not a single small size in sight! But just before I threw them back my mind started doing what it does best!!!

Could it be!?! Is there something adorable just waiting to be created!!!

DING! DING! DING!!!!!

PRESENTING:

Adult skirt revamped into this Adorable Little girls Dress!
(and could it be any easier!!!??)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Let’s Check out the before!

Super cute Down East Basic Skirt but a titch too big for me to enjoy…or is it!!!??
(Check the bottom of this post to see how I even get a little love out of her!)

I picked up the last two skirts for $5 each! Not too bad huh!

Let’s get this party started….

Put the skirt on your little cutie and pin it where you plan to cut. Be sure to allow a little space for seam allowance and a little extra room if you want it to last more then one season.

ALSO: be sure to take advantage of the already existing zipper!! This skirt had it sewn in on one of the sides so I was sure to cut off the opposite side! If the skirt has the zipper in the back just center it on your model and pin both sides showing where you’ll cut!

To line up a perfectly angled cut to match the other side of the skirt, simply fold the skirt in half taking the zippered side and matching it up to your pin marking where you’ll cut!

Follow the edge of the folded skirt with your scissors! Now you have a perfect
angle to match the other side!!!

Save that fabric you just removed…It’s what we’ll be using for the straps!

Now take your skirt section and fold it with right sides in. Sew a straight stitch down the length of the skirt making it a tube.

Finish the raw edge with a surging stitch!
And just like that your dress is nearly done!!!

Now moving onto the straps!

Using the piece of fabric you cut off, Cut out two strips. You can cut them as thick as you’d like and as long as you need . Measure your models shoulders to get an idea of the length you need. Remember, longer is always better! You can adjust them later!

Straps are simple! Fold your cut strip in half long ways and straight stitch up the edge. Turn the tube inside out! Press with an iron and add straight stitches up both edges to finish
the look and reinforce the straps.

Your nearly done!!!!
Put the dress on your model and pin the straps onto the front and back!
Sew them on using a straingt stich. I start at one side of the zipper and sew all the way across making it look clean and finished!

And ther you have it!!!!

A darling little dress any girl would love!!!

AND YOU GUESSED IT!!!

I also revamped a headband!!! I used left over scraps, added a handmade fabric flower
and glued on a vintage button!!! The perfect “Frosting” to our newest little get up!!!

Photobucket

And look what else is “SEW” simple to do… take a large skirt in and enjoy it yourself!!!!

Photobucket
I told you it was easy!!!!!

Comments

That is so awesomely cute!! You are so creative :)

Lindsay@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY says:

GET OUT! (BEAUTIFUL) models and projects!

The Loveridge Family says:

I love that dress…so cute! Great job!

Stephanie says:

hang on a sec while I pick my jaw up off the floor….

ok. I am better now. WHAT THE HECK LADY?!?!?!?!? You make it look so easy, but mine would never turn out that cute- NEVER!!!

good job. i want to be like you someday…

Stephanie says:

Do you mind if I come over and borrow this skirt for church this afternoon?

becca you amaze me with all the great ideas you have! i wish i could be half as creative as you! i love the little dress and matching headband! so cute

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

Super cute – lovely model.

Wow! So cute! I just found your blog and am so impressed. You have such great ideas!

welovetucker says:

Such a great idea, I am going through my closet right now…oh wait I need to have a little girl to sew it for first. Thanks for your great ideas.

Aww, it's so cute! Thanks so much for sharing your process and creativity! I'll be linking.

Holy crap lady! That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen, you need to write a book with all your amazingly creative ideas, I'd buy it!

Veronica Lee says:

That's so creative!

Hi! I'm visiting from Follow Me Club1. Great blog.

Hey thanks for the comment on my blog! :-) That's a good way to go, and I know I should… I guess I don't really know how to shop that way, lol. Or it takes more patience than I have. But it's downright depressing buying stuff and being unable to wear it after a couple of months, too. I'd probably save money in the long run. *sigh*

This is AWESOME, by the way! I'm so inspired! I don't really sew but I have a great sewing machine here that my mom gave me and I'm needing to get started. Is this simple enough for a beginner's project? It looks easy enough…

Wow! I am so impressed! I am definitely a follower now.

I can't wait to dig around and see what else I can find. (I knew I was in the right place when I saw the MINT OREOS thrown in on your header.) LOL

Hope to see you over at my place. Thanks for replying to my post on MBC~

Lisa @
    All That and a Box of Rocks

Now that is creative!
    I came over from MBC.

Stephanie says:

You are so awesome!

I have a skirt I grabbed in a hurry……..it was marked wrong. There was no returns on it….now I know what to do! You saved my day!

Hannah Stevenson says:

OH STOP!!! Too perfectly adorable…you're making my eye twitch! Good work!

I usually make my little girls skirts from adult shirts but I never thought to make a dress from a skirt! Thanks for sharing!

love this! the skirt and the dress are so cute!

also- you have awesome arms!

Absolutely adorable!!

Oh man, now look what I am going to have to go and do!! :) Super cute!! I have a few skirts that don't fit me anymore and I am totally doing this. My daughter will love me!!

I know you posted this almost 2 months ago (which is years in blog land), but I love this idea.

I've been looking for princess dresses in the store for a halloween costume for my 3 year old. I can't bring myself to spend $12-40 on just a dress.

Went to the DI, found a cute dress, cut it down like this one… ta da.. A $5 dollar dress.

Now all I see when I see skirts is "would this make a cute little girls dress?"

Thanks for the idea.

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I made this for my little girl out of one of my old skirts and it turned out so cute!! I will have to send a picture. Also, I would love a tutorial on the flower you made for the headband on this tutorial

I love those skirt revamps, the fabric was definitely too cute to pass up and turn into something wearable. The headband is the perfect finishing touch and I love how pretty the adult skirt looks with your crisp whites.

You have a great eye for really cute fabric and new possibilities. I love it. I did something similar if you want to check out my blog.
    Cami

shabnam says:

WOW!! THE CHECK PRINT IS nice

Did something similar w/ XL floral skirt w/ 3 layers of ruffles. But I went a bit smaller – small enough to make a sundress for my 18 mo. old granddaughter! Oh so easy!!! The I had one row of ruffles left over and I used it to trim the bottoms of a pair of size 2T jeans for her. Skirt cost 50 cents and I got 2 GREAT outfits from it!!!

Hi, the whole thing is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing information,
    that’s in fact good, keep up writing.

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It’s the little changes that produce the most significant changes. Many thanks for sharing!

Somebody essentially assist to make critically posts I might
    state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far?
    I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual publish extraordinary.
    Great job!

I used to be recommended this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this submit is written by him as nobody else understand such targeted about my problem. You are amazing! Thanks!

WOW!!! what a great idea! Some things we can see odd large size skirts for sale. Which may not fit, but this idea makes us go back and buy every single large skirt and make this cute dresses for our friends. And that headband makes is look so exclusive. Thank you for sharing. :)

Unquestionably imagine that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the internet
    the easiest factor to be mindful of. I say to you,
    I certainly get annoyed whilst people think about worries that they plainly do not recognise about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined
    out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can
    take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% sure.
    Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Appreciate it

Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost
    on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?

There are so many choices out there that I’m totally confused .. Any suggestions? Appreciate it!

sweet tea lady says:

love it! i made a similar style from a man’s button down shirt for my 8 yr old granddaughter,and she insisted i use scraps for my little chihuahua an outfit! both were too cute,and i will post a pic asap…i have the perfect skirt in mind for this idea,too THANKS!!!

If you want to a get extravagant observe, there is the Elite of Nixon watches.

You do not have to belong to a gang to have on flat billed baseball caps.
    This is often the situation when combining a fitted with urban
    don. Outdated children’s apparel can be altered into costumes for pets.

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in
    Opera. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post
    to let you know. The layout look great though!
    Hope you get the issue solved soon. Kudos

I’m not sure exactly why but this web site is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later and
    see if the problem still exists.

I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing problems with your site. It seems like some of the written text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I’ve had
    this happen before. Many thanks

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I
    found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to
    her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had
    to tell someone!

Figuring out unique gift ideas you’ve needed for dozens of special occasions is not easy. At least for some people that is the situation. The intriguing thing together with the theory behind unique gift ideas is they definitely do not want to expensive but the focus is really on the imagination of the unique gift ideas themselves. Authentic thoughts that are also helpful and enjoyable to the recipient are obviously also really important.

Call Return (*69) – Return a call to the last incoming caller simply by dialing
    *69. Popular at AQS shows when it was released last year, you can now find a few of these machines online
    and can enjoy the combination of the added quilting accessories with Janome’s precision stitching. They events marquee is quite reliable and this also plays a significant role in their demand in different countries of the world including Australia.

Highly energetic post, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there
    be a part 2?

Hello superb blog! Does running a blog like this take a massive
    amount work? I’ve no expertise in programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off topic but I simply wanted to ask. Cheers!

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It will always be interesting to read through
    articles from other authors and use a little something from other websites.

Hello there! Quick question that’s completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I’m trying to
    find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
    If you have any suggestions, please share.
    Appreciate it!

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that you need to write more on this subject matter, it may not
    be a taboo subject but usually people do not speak about such topics.
    To the next! Kind regards!!

Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m definitely enjoying your
    blog and look forward to new updates.

I quite like looking through an article that can
    make people think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

Thanks for another informative blog. The place else may I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal method?

I have a undertaking that I am just now working on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.

I am really loving the theme/design of your web site.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues?
    A number of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.

Do you have any ideas to help fix this problem?

It is NOT a “get rich quick” type of business model, although it is possible.
    0 websites in blogspot, squidoo or wordpress and link them to your money site and every one
    of your web 2. Marketing majors, and others entering the advertising industry, generally work in one of two areas of
    advertising: sales or creative.