Mr. Owl

I finished my first attempt at being an “artist!” Finally I can say after two years of blank canvases staring at me every time I opened my craft closet that I am finally done!

Thanks Emily for that last little push I needed to get my butt in gear and get started! I loved all her beautiful art work and it really inspired me. So here’s what you get after three days of hard work and a lot of fun…

Mr. yes, he’s a boy! “Mr. Owl.”

I used:

2 12″x 24″ Stretched Canvases
Vintage Childrens Dictionary Pages
Mod Podge
Paint
Scrapbook pages

I love him!

Oh!! Say a little prayer for me today…. I’m sending my first born off to school today for the first time and I’m a MESS!!!!!!!! Buses and Bullies and Homework!!!!Oh my!

Comments

Mr. Owl is adorable! What a great idea. :) & best wishes about your 1st school day.

I looove it! Owls are the best, and so fun in so many things. You did a fabulous job!

And blessings on the first day of school! =)

Oh…. I heart that owl.

Brenda, Bryan, and Chelsey says:

You amaze me! Mr. Owl is adorable. Don't worry about school. Everything will go great!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training says:

Soooo cute!

I Love the owl! SO much cutter than I could have ever imagined (that's why you're the crafty one and not me!)

I sent my first born off last week and bawled it was so sad! They grow up so fast and now I can't be there to protect her from all the bad people! :( I better stop typing before I cry again. Dang pregnancy hormones! She'll be great!

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) says:

Good job woman!!! Looks great! Be strong today. It's hard but you can get through it. Next year you'll be happy to send them to school ;-) j/k

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. can I say that again. Amazing. I love him. I love the vintage dictionary idea. The the owl (love him) and love the tree. You really are inspiring. You make me want to figure something cool out to create and make.

Lindsay@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY says:

GET OUT! 2 MUCH LOVE!
    Good luck with schooly! It's for the best! prayers prayers prayers!

Heather G says:

I LOVE this project!!! I love that you committed and saw it through…it's so hard to just start, isn't it? I'm proud of you!

This was your first time? WOW!!!!!!
    I love it and I think that you need to make many more!

Oh that turned out so cute!

LOOOOVE this! What a great idea to use the dictionary pages!

I hope your baby had a good first day! I sent my niece off for her first day ever, she Loved it!

Oh…this is just the CUTEST!! Owls are just adorable.

Lisa B.

holy toledo! I love it! I have been meaning to do something somewhat similar for a long time, so I feel your pain about the blank canvas, only my idea isn't NEARLY as cute as that! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

I love it…. Saw this on mod podge

The Redhead Riter says:

Very cool!

Hadley Family says:

So very very darling!!! Have to ask, where did you get the vintage children's dictonary pages?

:::b r a n d i::: says:

That owl is adorable!!! You did an awesome job. Love it.

The Fiskeaux Family says:

I love it! Great job. You ARE an artist — that touch of blue around the edges is perfect!

The DIY Show Off says:

Popping over from Amy's – that is the cutest! You did fantastic job. I love it!

Roeshel

momof4boys says:

That is soooo cool! I want to do it too but I have a question. How did you get the black smudginess between each seperate color of scap book paper and dictionary paper? I'm dying of curiousity!
    Julie

ohh I love this it is so awesome. Love that you used 2 canvases I always like the multi canvas art pieces

Do you ever make reproductions of this and sell them?! I love this and I have gone to the edge of the internet and back for the right picture for my son's nursery and this is the perfect inspiration picture based on what my husband and I have in mind. Anyway, I love your work!